News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

i mean, AFL Gold Members get first dibs on GF tickets don't they? Collingwood and West Coast/Melbourne combined don't have enough Gold members to fill up 13,000 allocation. It shouldn't be an issue

So AFL Members on Collingwood Club support can't register?
Not unless you have the social club add on.

I didn’t think we could but I called yesterday just in case.

i mean, AFL Gold Members get first dibs on GF tickets don't they? Collingwood and West Coast/Melbourne combined don't have enough Gold members to fill up 13,000 allocation. It shouldn't be an issue

That's correct. Funny how it will actually be easier for Gold members with Coll club support to get tickets to the Grand Final rather than the Prelim!!

I too missed out after attending all finals here previously - have been a full member since 1992.

I emailed the AFL and let’s just say their customer service is up there with their ticketing. Part of their response is below. Please guess whether this made me feel better:

“Gold members get incredible discounts on preliminary finals and priority access to the Grand Final.

The problem is everyone has a valid and reasonable argument behind why they should be prioritised.

• Gold members say long-standing members should be prioritised because they’ve been here for longer.
• Competing club members say they should be prioritised because they care more.
• Competition members say they should get prioritised because they’ve been to the most games all you and everyone else could have had a club membership
• Families think they should be able to all sit together no matter their different memberships.

Everyone has a suggestion for what our system should be and coincidentally the system they suggest always benefits them.

I have not had any gold members calling to say club support members should be prioritised.

I have not had any club members saying that those who attended over thirty games this season should be prioritised.

I have not had any North Melbourne supporters saying we should prioritise competing club members.

Moreover, We did not have any Collingwood members telling us we should have a club-based system last year.

We did not have any Richmond members saying that in 2016.

We don’t have any of the members from non-competing clubs saying it’s unfair until it’s their team in the finals.

No one who got a ticket is telling us to change our system”

I’m back if you read it all. Yep just what I needed to read after missing out on tickets. A smartar#e condescending response from someone who hasn’t completed customer service 101 via the AFL (she did apologise that I didn’t get a ticket though so all ok).

I’m certainly not renewing next year.
I am astounded by that response. Not only are they unprofessional, but liars. I am a gold member and was successful in purchasing at ticket. But I still sent them several emails outlining my concerns. They just reply with standard responses, such as "fair access for all". I suggested the order of access for week 3 of finals should be: 1) Gold members with competing club support, 2) All other gold members, 3) Silver members with competing club support, 4) All other silver members.
They shut me down about the "competing club support" option, saying all members know the situation and it'd be unfair to change it. So in follow-up emails I pushed the gold members first, then silver members. Finally I got a partly satisfying response: "Next year we will strongly consider prioritising gold members for the preliminary final". But it may just have been lip service to end my correspondence with them. I will follow up with a written letter to the membership manager at season's end (may carry more weight and go to the top instead of the regular workers who just quickly respond with their own antagonistic personal view).
So I urge all AFL members to lobby the membership department - they will only change if enough complain. We do not want to be in this situation in future years. This issue has only occurred now because since they changed the access in 2012 (from 2012 silver members could purchase at same time as gold members; previously they couldn't), Collingwood has never been in an MCG prelim (so they could always cater for the demand).
For those gold members that missed out, I'd be pursuing the AFL membership department after the conclusion of the season, and requesting a refund on the premium price paid for gold membership - although a remote chance, perhaps then they may realise things have to change else they'll be facing action sooner or later by someone who wants to take it further. It's a pity there wasn't a class action able to be taken against AFL membership over their bungling of this and their treatment of members (perhaps that's an idea for another time).

Anyone in Brisbane planning to watch the game tomorrow at some venue? Gee the Qld pie supporters are really quiet aren't they?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can confirm that AFL silver members are not eligible for the ballot. Just tried.

That being said, it was all nice and easy to register. Here's hoping we can win, and here's hoping I get a ticket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone in Brisbane planning to watch the game tomorrow at some venue? Gee the Qld pie supporters are really quiet aren't they?

Considering the number of Pies fans that turn up when we play Gold Coast and Brisbane up here I thought there'd be a lot more interest when you've posed this question on here.
I do believe Qld Magpies are no longer, certainly going by their Facebook and Twitter page.
I, myself will just watch this one at home but I would be interested next year if a Qld group could get together for games somewhere in Brisbane.

Considering the number of Pies fans that turn up when we play Gold Coast and Brisbane up here I thought there'd be a lot more interest when you've posed this question on here.
I do believe Qld Magpies are no longer, certainly going by their Facebook and Twitter page.
I, myself will just watch this one at home but I would be interested next year if a Qld group could get together for games somewhere in Brisbane.
Indeed, they are significant in numbers when we play the Lions and the Suns. Maybe most aren't on social media these days. It would be awesome to meet some of them either pre/post Qld games or at a pub venue when we play finals.

I feel like the ballot process for Priority 3 Collingwood members is just giving a $6 donation to Ticketek but I'd have kicked myself if I hadn't registered and Priority 3 members ended up getting tickets. I guess that's what they were going for by including us at all.

I feel like the ballot process for Priority 3 Collingwood members is just giving a $6 donation to Ticketek but I'd have kicked myself if I hadn't registered and Priority 3 members ended up getting tickets. I guess that's what they were going for by including us at all.

Just another AFL rort.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back