Certified Legendary Thread 2018 Grand Final : West Coast v Collingwood - Wooden Spooners to win Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Oddly the guy I’m happiest for is mark lecras

Sure he’s in his twighlight but this guy has been an absolute gun player ...450 career goals ...12 in a game .....missed 2006...after being dropped yet he kicked 5 in a final the game before then one quiet game

Thrashed in 2015 ....

I’m so happy for him ...knock Bout country lad from Cervantes.

This guy has been a star
Yeah especially considering a couple of guys missed out on flags like Phil Matera (06) and Matty Priddis who did so much good things for the club its great to see Lecca win one

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some fun eagles numerology ...just for lols coz we are premiers

Sidebottom 41 touches v tigs 14 v wce .....lol
42+14 =55 ....what was 3/4 time score 55 each lol
What number does hutch wear 34 :p:p:eek:...

What seat number did I get in prelim 27..
My birthday is 27th

Lotta debate about juddy v Kennedy trade ....what was the Margin 5 points what number was juddy #5

Sat down in pub on Sunday ...took a number for food ....what number 13...Shuey

Sheed kicks winner ..number #4.... sumich a lefty also who wore number #4

Might want to check your math. 42+14=55??
Might want to wash your mouth out with soap. Chris Judd was and always will be #3.

One thing that’s still frustrating me is the way that they cut to Bucks on the final siren.. “Collingwood lost” rather than “West Coast winning”. Sure show it later, but in that moment it’s all about the winners. Also Bruce’s call for the finals moments were pretty dull and not well thought out..

Bruce's call was so underwhelming compared to Huddo 2006. Starts talking about our new stadium with 10 seconds to go. Yeah cool thanks Bruce you ****ing crab

The narrative was always about Collingwood, hence Bruce's underwhelming call and the shots of Bucks immediately after the final siren.

In the end who gives a shit, they could have Robert Walls call every one of our games for all I care as long as we win the flag.

Bruce's call was so underwhelming compared to Huddo 2006. Starts talking about our new stadium with 10 seconds to go. Yeah cool thanks Bruce you ******* crab
Was lame. More so knowing it was his set line he prepared in advance to roll out if we win.

But - I would love the club to hang our 4 flags from the roof of the stadium. Know some Etihad tennants do that. Even if they were replicas due to not wanting the real thing to get damaged.

Had to mute the commentary during the dark moments of the first quarter

And found myself constantly turning the sound down, how loud did they shout for degoeys goals?

The only real excitement our way was govs mark at the end, prob because it was 150m from the goal.

Bruce's call was so underwhelming compared to Huddo 2006. Starts talking about our new stadium with 10 seconds to go. Yeah cool thanks Bruce you ******* crab

I actually reckon a contributing factor in that is that we knew how much time was left. In 2006 there was a count up clock so it was a genuine reaction to the siren.

I actually reckon a contributing factor in that is that we knew how much time was left. In 2006 there was a count up clock so it was a genuine reaction to the siren.

In my opinion that just means Bruce is definitely past it. If that's all he could conjure up with the ability to plan a call on his side it's a bit underwhelming.

I'll still watch it over and over again, but that Huddo call gives me all the feels. I knew straight away that Bruce had failed to capture the moment and it'd take a smidge of the shine off in years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted this on the coincidences MB thread..
Someone buy Quinten a beer.

2012, Collingwood lure West Coast Free agent Quinten Lynch,
West Coast receive a 3rd round compo pick.
With that pick (60) West Coast select
Mark Hutchings.

2018, Hutchings nullifies your inform playmaker Steele Sidebottom whilst gaining more disposals & kicking a goal on his way to a premiership medal.

My question is, was the Q-Stick really worth it?

Posted this on the coincidences MB thread..
Someone buy Quinten a beer.

2012, Collingwood lure West Coast Free agent Quinten Lynch,
West Coast receive a 3rd round compo pick.
With that pick (60) West Coast select
Mark Hutchings.

2018, Hutchings nullifies your inform playmaker Steele Sidebottom whilst gaining more disposals & kicking a goal on his way to a premiership medal.

My question is, was the Q-Stick really worth it?

IIRC most of the board here was pretty happy with the Lynch trade, almost regardless of any comp - people thought it was fair enough for him to go and finish his career elsewhere since he was past getting games here. Quite amazing that the result of that trade may have led to their loss against us, however indirectly.

IIRC most of the board here was pretty happy with the Lynch trade, almost regardless of any comp - people thought it was fair enough for him to go and finish his career elsewhere since he was past getting games here. Quite amazing that the result of that trade may have led to their loss against us, however indirectly.
The coincidence thread is full of indirect randomness. I can't help but think big Q had a hand in this though #illuminati.
;)

Still struggling to comprehend how we managed to pull this one off.

Must admit after the excitement of Saturday and beers afterwards, I was very flat on Monday. Mrs is away for work so going to watch a replay at some point today.

Must admit after the excitement of Saturday and beers afterwards, I was very flat on Monday. Mrs is away for work so going to watch a replay at some point today.
Yeah me too buddy

Tough to go back to our dreary lives after such a momentous occasion.

I keep rewatching the last 2 mins overand over

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
images

Stay safe kids

Hang overs and real life do that to a man, (100 standard drinks didn't help) regardless I have been pumped since,
and my mood is still improving as it becomes a reality....Love it.

For me i think this is our best GF win , the first was very good , but the previous three premiership teams for mine were more talented than this group. These guys had a ton of heart and desire to win this year with alot of adversity thrown in for good measure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 2018 Grand Final : West Coast v Collingwood - Wooden Spooners to win Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back