Draft Profile 2018 Mature Aged Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

So can anyone tell me about Rich and Corbett? Heard they’ve both been going very well in the VFL, what kind of players are they?
Rich is a good small forward who's got clean hands below his knees and good skills. Corbett your medium forward who's best work is inside 50 but has a dynamic lead.

Rich is a good small forward who's got clean hands below his knees and good skills. Corbett your medium forward who's best work is inside 50 but has a dynamic lead.
Are they fast with reasonable field kick ?

Are they fast with reasonable field kick ?
They're pretty quick from my viewing, but Yoda_ would know more about Rich than I. I have only seen him a couple of times.

WAFL Mature Aged Prospects (U/26) List After Round 14

1-Jye Bolton (CL)
2-Marlion Pickett (SF)
3-Luke Meadows (WP)
4-Cody Leggett (P)
5-Jono Marsh (EF)
6-Michael Bennell (P)
7-Shane Nelson (WP)
8-Josh DeLuca (S)
9-Haiden Schloithe (SF)
10-Brant Colledge (P)
11-Oliver Eastland (CL)
12-Bailey Rogers (CL)
13-Corey Gault (SD)
14-Cody Ninyette (P)
15-Jared Hardisty (CL)
16-Tyler Keitel (WP)
17-Corey Byrne (P)
18-Warrick Wilson (SD)
19-Blair Bell (PT)
20-Michael Sinclair (P)
21-Dylan Main (SF)
22-Tobe Watson (SD)
23-Jordan Boullineau (PT)
24-Jesse Turner (SD)
25-Jacob Miller (S)
26-William Reidy (SD)
27-Cam Loersch (EF)
28-Dylan Smallwood (CL)
29-Jarrad Jansen (EF)
30-Stan Wright (EP)

Watching-Jacob Dragovich (SF), Sean Fletcher (EF), Julian Ameduri (EP), Ben Sokol (S), Nathan Blakely (SD), Jack Beeck (CL), Matthew Palfrey (CL), Taryce Stewart (SD), Ryan Borchet (S), Jaxon Cahill (EP), Matthew Parker (SF), Brandon Donaldson (SF), Declan Hardisty (CL), Kaiden Gilbert (CL)

Last edited:
Who would be the best mature ager from any of the state leagues as a high pressure, tackling, harassing small forward?

Doesn't have to get a heap of the ball or kick goals regularly.

Feast your eyes on this young bloke, as soon as I saw these highlights I tried to get as much info on him as I could.
180cm 86kg. only 21yo and currently playing at Warragul Victoria, inside mid, wing, hbf and have just read up that he is pretty handy in the forward pocket aswell.

We do, for 1-2 years while Tim English develops so being 29 isn't the huge hindrance it presents for most clubs.
Ive seen Clarke play for Subiaco this year a couple of times and he is just a cut above WAFL level ruckman. Leap and kicking are brilliant for a big man. Seems to have regained his elite athleticism compared to even afl ruckman. It could be that he has finally fully recovered from the knee injury he suffered at a music festival a few years ago, as he wasnt the same athlete his last two years at Freo compared to the year he filled in as No 1 ruck when Griffin and Sandy went down. His output when playing as our number 1 ruck would probably surprise non freo supporters as he was very good when playing that role, he just didn't get to play that role very often. I think he'd be a great pick up with a late pick for GWS, Western Bulldogs or Richmond. He was very, very skinny when he got drafted and was always going to be a player who played his best footy in his late 20's once he had filled out. At 28 he would provide great value for a team over the next three years in my view.

For you West Australians, young Michael Coombes had a phone call during the week to join South Fremantle next season. More than likely will be taking up the offer if he doesnt get an AFL offer.
So thought I’d share a couple more videos from last season at St Marys so you can see what your getting.

& in this one on a very wet ground at the 2.50min mark he was reported,:eek: which he is a bit embarrassed about, but it shows just how strong he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Collins has to be on an AFL list next year

IF GC lose May.. surely he gets a go...

Instead of the comments and trying to get PP's for bottom sides .. give the bottom sides the ability to hold a few extra players.. They fear that adding matures will prevent their long term future. Giving bottom sides another 18 year goalpost of a kid to get bashed up is not much help to my mind.

IF GC lose May.. surely he gets a go...

Instead of the comments and trying to get PP's for bottom sides .. give the bottom sides the ability to hold a few extra players.. They fear that adding matures will prevent their long term future. Giving bottom sides another 18 year goalpost of a kid to get bashed up is not much help to my mind.

Not the place but a club asking for a PP must trade said pick. A kid is no use to a struggling club where as an established star is everything to said club.

Futbolista liked Jacob Dragovich today , Haiden Schloithe & Marlon Pickett not as good on the TV game

Yep, will work Dragovich into the top 30 and take it from there.

Thought Pickett was reasonable. 24 disposals, 6 tackles, 5 hit outs. Not at his elusive brilliant best but fought hard against the tide. A good sign for him.

Yep, will work Dragovich into the top 30 and take it from there.

Thought Pickett was reasonable. 24 disposals, 6 tackles, 5 hit outs. Not at his elusive brilliant best but fought hard against the tide. A good sign for him.
Apart from Drago , I think Sokol will work his way into your Top 30 also .

WAFL mature aged draft chances (U-26) after round 15

1-Jye Bolton (CL)
2-Marlion Pickett (SF)
3-Luke Meadows (WP)
4-Cody Leggett (P)
5-Jono Marsh (EF)
6-Michael Bennell (P)
7-Shane Nelson (WP)
8-Brant Colledge (P)
9-Josh DeLuca (S)
10-Haiden Schloithe (SF)
11-Oliver Eastland (CL)
12-Michael Sinclair (P)
13-Bailey Rogers (CL)
14-Jared Hardisty (CL)
15-Cody Ninyette (P)
16-Blair Bell (PT)
17-Dylan Main (SF)
18-Tyler Keitel (WP)
19-Corey Gault (SD)
20-Tobe Watson (SD)
21-Jordan Boullineau (PT)
22-Corey Byrne (P)
23-Warrick Wilson (SD)
24-Jesse Turner (SD)
25-Jacob Miller (S)
26-Cam Loersch (EF)
27-Jacob Dragovich (SF)
28-Ben Sokol (S)
29-Dylan Smallwood (CL)
30-Stan Wright (EP)

Watching- Matthew Palfrey (CL), Nathan Blakely (SD), Jack Beeck (CL), Sean Fletcher (EF), Ryan Borchet (S), Jaxon Cahill (EP), Brandon Donaldson (SF), Declan Hardisty (CL), William Reidy (SD), Matthew Parker (SF), Jarrad Jansen (EF), Julian Ameduri (EP), Kaiden Gilbert (CL), Taryce Stewart (SD)

Last edited:
Not the place but a club asking for a PP must trade said pick. A kid is no use to a struggling club where as an established star is everything to said club.

I dont mind that either.. the GWS type picks.. have said as much before. My only issue is that the club loses a bit of traction as all know they must trade.
Overall my preference is to get struggling clubs to be less reliant on hand outs. Ess Geelong Haw Swans.. all have found players late ..dont tell me they aren't there.

Overall I think the draft needs a major tweak. It really doesnt not supply enough players to clubs out of the finals mix. There should be a standard that is based around finals appearance... Not finals for 3-6 years and you get a start of r2 pick or something like that.

WAFL Combined Media/Club overall best player lists tally
(All players including over 26's as a comparison to the mature aged draft list)
Quite a few ex AFL veterans featuring prominently this season

210 Jye Bolton (CL)
199 Shane Nelson (WP)
195 Kyal Horsley (S)
194 Aaron Black (WP)
180 George Hampson (EF)
168 Brant Colledge (P), Marlion Pickett (SF)
154 Danyle Pearce** (PT), Ben Howlett (PT)
149 Clint Jones (P)
142 Tony Notte (SD)
139 Cody Leggett (P)
136 Rhys Palmer (SD)
135 Andrew Strijk (WP)
133 Corey Yeo (P), Jayden Schofield (EF)
131 Luke Meadows (WP)
128 Haydn Busher (CL)
125 Nic Suban (SF), Lachlan Delahunty (S)
121 Dylan Main (SF)
120 Cam Eardley (EF)
118 Jared Hardisty (CL), Chris Phelan (S)
117 Jono Marsh (EF)
113 Kane Mitchell (CL)
112 Matt Riggio (SD)
108 Tobe Watson (SD)
107 Haiden Schloithe (SF)
105 Josh DeLuca (S)
103 Blair Bell (PT)
102 Hayden Kennedy (S)
101 Corey Gault (SD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Profile 2018 Mature Aged Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad