2018 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto. Conigs is a much better selection
I have to start being more conscious of Byes, if i have 6 set & forget mids .....so far ok, except that dreaded Rnd 14 bye

Same dilemma ....may still go with him, but yesterday upgraded O'Meara to Coniglio @D6

It's amazing .....throw the team magnets around enough, you can find the $$$ ....and strengthen your team (in your own mind) at the same time

way better off with Cogs

way better off with Cogs
Yes looking at his SC history ....he's a better bargain than O"Meara .....it's just that i've had to sacrifice my R2

Still a chance though to juggle the magnets to preserve the current structure & upgrade my R2 ......Prem Rookies may pay the price

I have to start being more conscious of Byes, if i have 6 set & forget mids .....so far ok, except that dreaded Rnd 14 bye

My view is that this will take care of itself to an extent. Injuries, form drop-offs and emergence of break-outs means that you will have changed it up already by the time the bye rounds arrive. If your Rd 14 players are all true keepers, it means you're pretty well placed to take a one-round hit, but it's more likely that you will be in a position to use 2 or 3 trades to remove Rd 14 bye players and replace with players who've had their byes.

Could be the first year I dont start with Pendles. Beams not playing yesterday + family grief gave me second thoughts
This is my first year ever without Pendles .....he was always first picked, 20 x 100's each season ......but last year he was wildly inconsistent & couldn't be relied upon ....can't see that changing this year (20 tons to 8 last year )

My view is that this will take care of itself to an extent. Injuries, form drop-offs and emergence of break-outs means that you will have changed it up already by the time the bye rounds arrive. If your Rd 14 players are all true keepers, it means you're pretty well placed to take a one-round hit, but it's more likely that you will be in a position to use 2 or 3 trades to remove Rd 14 bye players and replace with players who've had their byes.
That makes sense ......i've also selected Gray, knowing he won't play R1 ......i might lose 40 points R1 ....but save a trade bringing him in later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloane. Surely he wont cop a tag this season.
The tag issue has thrown many off his scent & now he's under the radar which I like. Been in my side for quite some time and will be a ripping POD.

Cripps v cogs, will either end up a keeper? What does everyone think they will average?

Cripps v cogs, will either end up a keeper? What does everyone think they will average?

They will both be keepers and average over 120....... i say this coz i have both :p

Personally don't think so.
In regards to Coniglio, although in the past we've seen teams have 2-3 players scoring 110+
So far GWS have only ever had 1 midfielder go 110+
With others either going 105 or more likely high 90s.

If we assume 110 is keeper average Cogs will likely need to be the #1 mid at GWS.
If you think he can, then go for it.
(he was the #1 mid in 2016 with his 105 avg FYI)
Things are likely to change at GWS, so despite their past statistics it doesn't mean 2 mids aren't capable of 110+ (I'm assuming Kelly is a lock for 110).

Cripps is also likely to improve. I know he's had a full preseason which is good, but he's still coming back from a broken leg which is a fairly severe injury so could find running out games tough initially.
He is also touted to spend a lot of time forward, while he may be adept at that role I don't see Carlton getting much ball forward if he's not in midfield having also lost Gibbs and Docherty for the year (and last year having the 2nd least i50s).

I'm not selecting either play at this stage, another huge JLT game could sway me, but I think there are better players around Cripps' price, and I don't want a mid pricer in my midfield.

I'm not selecting either play at this stage, another huge JLT game could sway me, but I think there are better players around Cripps' price, and I don't want a mid pricer in my midfield.
Who would you be suggesting as better options to Cripps

Not questioning your rationale .....it was well thought out & interesting ;)

They will both be keepers and average over 120....... i say this coz i have both :p
With the exception of 2-3 Rookies .....i can see most of my team with that average too :D

Personally don't think so.
In regards to Coniglio, although in the past we've seen teams have 2-3 players scoring 110+
So far GWS have only ever had 1 midfielder go 110+
With others either going 105 or more likely high 90s.

If we assume 110 is keeper average Cogs will likely need to be the #1 mid at GWS.
If you think he can, then go for it.
(he was the #1 mid in 2016 with his 105 avg FYI)
Things are likely to change at GWS, so despite their past statistics it doesn't mean 2 mids aren't capable of 110+ (I'm assuming Kelly is a lock for 110).

Cripps is also likely to improve. I know he's had a full preseason which is good, but he's still coming back from a broken leg which is a fairly severe injury so could find running out games tough initially.
He is also touted to spend a lot of time forward, while he may be adept at that role I don't see Carlton getting much ball forward if he's not in midfield having also lost Gibbs and Docherty for the year (and last year having the 2nd least i50s).

That’s what I’m thinking I don’t know if I want any mid pricers in mid cause I think I need to be deeper in my fwd and def, thinking 3 rookies in mid on field, 2 down back 2 up fwd

Who would you be suggesting as better options to Cripps

Not questioning your rationale .....it was well thought out & interesting ;)

Parker for $9k more would be my main one.
Basically guaranteed to play 22 games.
Has averaged 111 before, Sydney won't start as slowly as last year - full pre season and all that.

I would also consider Heppell (benefit from another year off and in a high scoring team) and Shuey (no more Priddis) who I think have a lot going for them.
If you want to really risk it for maximum returns, you go Rocky for a 18k less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back