Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part of me wants to see Collingwood win just to see more pressure build.

But then west coast winning would give me hope that we can do it too...

Torn.

I was exploring trade tweets and came across Ricky Nixon’s tweets.

Not someone I’d recommend, and to be straight up it’s some car crash stuff.

But, damn he has been winding up the Richmond and Pies supporters. Pretty amusing actually.

He’s into the Pies for having the easiest draw in the league, and into Rance as a less than adequate defender.

How does he even still earn money?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't matter how many Victorian teams beat non-Victorian teams in grand finals. The pressure won't build and there will be no change to the contract of keeping it at the MCG until 2654 AD.

Rather than being embarrassed about winning sporting championships with structural help, many Victorians are actively proud of their advantages in the league. Just look at Bigfooty and those who write 'Long live the VFL hur hur you joined our league because unfairness is okay as long as it's known, herp derp'.

Remember the Herald Sun headline this year? 'IT'S OURS: Fortress Victoria has a stranglehold of the cup and we won't let it go'

https://goo.gl/images/HAixMm

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how many Victorian teams beat non-Victorian teams in grand finals. The pressure won't build and there will be no change to the contract of keeping it at the MCG until 2654 AD.

Rather than being embarrassed about winning sporting championships with structural help, many Victorians are actively proud of their advantages in the league. Just look at Bigfooty and those who write 'Long live the VFL hur hur you joined our league because unfairness is okay as long as it's known, herp derp'.

Remember the Herald Sun headline this year? 'IT'S OURS: Fortress Victoria has a stranglehold of the cup and we won't let it go'

Which is why West Coast need to win otherwise every Vic club thinks it will win on GF day if it plays a non-Vic side!

The industry is discussing it more now than ever. It might feel pointless but there's no doubt at all that the AFL are hearing it.

I'd presume made property investments in the 90s.
A lot of people made a lot of money. We'll probably never see a property boom like that again.

Interestingly I caught some of Barry Hall's 60 Minutes interview. He said that after his radio show sacking, he can't get a job but says he's grateful to have a roof over his head. Hall would have been on fairly good, though not enormous, coin during his playing days when house prices were lower. The truly big player salaries only started coming in after his retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back