Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port now offering $20 match tickets to telstra customers

Is there no stone they won't leave unturned to devalue their brand?

Nothing says 'we can't get people to support us' more than offering free tickets and discounts via about 8 different methods. Smacks of desperation

Nothing says 'we can't get people to support us' more than offering free tickets and discounts via about 8 different methods. Smacks of desperation

thats a telstra deal, they have $20 tickets for most games each round

https://www.telstra.com.au/thanks/sport/afl

I remember Dave Meltzer talking about how in the wrestling in the early 2000's that WCW was giving away a lot of tickets to shows because no one wanted to go. He says it sounds like a good idea in theory, you get people to come to the show and hope they'll come back next time, the problem is you're devaluing your own product and it's hard to get people to pay full-price for something they just got for nothing. Port already had some of the cheapest membership deals as it was before they even started all this.

I remember Dave Meltzer talking about how in the wrestling in the early 2000's that WCW was giving away a lot of tickets to shows because no one wanted to go. He says it sounds like a good idea in theory, you get people to come to the show and hope they'll come back next time, the problem is you're devaluing your own product and it's hard to get people to pay full-price for something they just got for nothing. Port already had some of the cheapest membership deals as it was before they even started all this.
I understand the devaluing argument and I agree. There is a set value and if I know I only have to wait to get under that value then I will wait. If I dont get that devalue I wont attend as I dont have enough of a connection to pay full price.

Its the issue the AFL has to face with the pricing for the AFLW in the opposite direction. Overvalue the demand and they'll get a shock

I understand the devaluing argument and I agree. There is a set value and if I know I only have to wait to get under that value then I will wait. If I dont get that devalue I wont attend as I dont have enough of a connection to pay full price.

Its the issue the AFL has to face with the pricing for the AFLW
Definitely is an issue they will have to deal with at some point.

Without this State Labor Govt and Keven Foley we would not have the upgraded Adelaide Oval and all of the other development that is going on around the city. I don't like Port but can see the benefit of having the Adelaide name all over the stadium in China
I love AO, but it wasn’t the only solution. Foley knowingly knee-capped the Crows promising $100m upgrade of AAMI then shitting his pants when the opposition unveiled plans for a new stadium. He was as responsible as anyone in power at the time, for blithely spectating while the Crows, on his promise, went ahead with a $20m dollar build, all the while incubating the plan to scrap the $100m upgrade. A heads up at the time would have been nice for the AFC. I doubt, if they knew what the scheming little shit was up to, they would have committed to such a massive undertaking. Perhaps even that money would have been better spent securing training/club facilities closer to the action of AO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a hideous waste of taxpayers money. Time you were gone Jay. Firstly having to suffer that ****head Foley with his nurturing of that shitcan franchise and then having to suffer this rubbish veiled as whatever it is they’re trying to fool us with.
Pretty sure Marshall is a Port fan too

That’s a hideous waste of taxpayers money. Time you were gone Jay. Firstly having to suffer that ****head Foley with his nurturing of that shitcan franchise and then having to suffer this rubbish veiled as whatever it is they’re trying to fool us with.
Hang on....there's an error in the press release.

It says Port are playing Gold Coast. Kochie said last year GC wouldn't be invited back to play them if they wore their home guernsey - maybe the Chinese government invited them back to be their national team

Oh I forgot Pyne
9e55093a4f88e8120b296427e7dc1e61.jpg

350k??!

What an absolute waste.

Sometimes I wonder who is really making money from this whole escapade. Port? South Australia?

My money is on the crafty Chinese.

Of course, the Chinese have played Port beautifully.

The only money Port have got had to be spent in China, plus they have 5k bogans traveling to China to see the Powah play = tourist money into China.

And they got what they were really after, Kidman.

So to recap:
Chinese give Port money they have to spend in China teaching the Chinese about Oliveball.
The good PR gets them over the line for Kidman.
They get 5k bogan tourists visiting China who would've normally gone to Bali for their holiday.
TinTin has a memory that will last him for ever.
The AFL spends $$$$$ upgrading their driving range.

Anything else?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back