2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Bob ? .....was that a year's suspension ? .....who'd he kill ?
Who is Bob?

659990-3x2-940x627.jpg

Why has Savage suddenly appeared in every team ? ......who had him last year ?? :p
You mean these "Super" impressive stats ?
View attachment 469711
View attachment 469712
At 27 years old ......are we seriously thinking this is a breakout season ? .....not being cynical, just asking realistically .......seems a lot of weight is being applied to JLT scores (trial game) ??
Mostly due to Joey retiring, meaning that Savage should get more of his possessions. That's my take on people's justification. Don't have him myself but haven't completely ruled him out, but Joey retiring is the reason for the hype. Would be akin to thinking that Buckley all of sudden knows how to coach, but you never know.

Mostly due to Joey retiring, meaning that Savage should get more of his possessions. That's my take on people's justification. Don't have him myself but haven't completely ruled him out, but Joey retiring is the reason for the hype. Would be akin to thinking that Buckley all of sudden knows how to coach, but you never know.
I cant wait for dean towers to end up in sides once buddy retires

4 Tones before the last four games you quoted. Why did you only put the last 4, inc 3 finals games as your sample?
View attachment 469760
Saints didn't play finals ? .....my interest is always how a player finish's off ......guess TWT , i'm just curious re the flooding of teams with Savage a career best ave of 87 ?

How many more touches does it give Savage? Could Roberton get more of it without Joey there?

The second ruck and dangerfield are the hardest things to decide. That will separate a lot of teams
So will Dusty and Mitchell getting injured in round 1, shit does happen.
As for 2nd ruck, Grundy, Billy Longer or Lycett at a pinch.

In regards to using a mid-pricer to bring in Danger, people act like it's going to be easy at about Round 6 to cull someone you paid 400K for, and is averaging 100+ to bring in a seemingly under-performing Dangerfield (assuming he's had a poor game to bring his price down).
Never mind the fact you're also likely going to have to drop a rookie who's performed well enough to make $150-200k in a short time.

You do realise that your team will likely be knee deep in injuries, under-performing premos and rookies, and that 400k player who is averaging 100 is holding it all together.

I couldn't bring myself to do it.
Then don't do it mate...I'm on the fence ATM.
Sounds like your trying to convince yourself here with a scenario you believe is set.
Danger could do his hammy properly in the first quarter rnd4 and then you've missed the boat on some awesome
midpricer.
No one knows what's comin mate...
We gotta take risks to get ahead.
Or you could just be happy with being an average SCer.
Again,I'm on the fence ATM on this.
But you can't ignore the injury, hammies can linger and break up a footballers year.
How this is handled will make or break a few SC seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt mind that Longer suggestion

going for broke..probably end up about 20k but whatever.

Could always drop Hogan + Savage for Danger and a rook if some underperformance going on.

45k left

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 10.04.34 PM.png

Didnt mind that Longer suggestion

going for broke..probably end up about 20k but whatever.

Could always drop Hogan + Savage for Danger and a rook if some underperformance going on.

45k left

View attachment 469799
Solid team. Not really a fan of the Longer pick at R2 though.

I really like the Hogan pick. I haven't really thought about him as mid price option.

Probably a sign I should go to bed.

Well here i am pissed on a school night, can someone smack my behind for me. Mercury hard ciders make your head fizzy pretty quick.
Yeah, I've had a couple diet sprite light beer shandys and I'm doing karaoke to Carly Rae Jepson over here.

Teams done (for good this time) LOL! :drunk:

Couldn't decide out of Smith and Petracca so put them both into my team. Haha! :moustache:

Wont have to worry about my forwards, rucks and mids for a while. :cool::thumbsu:

First priority will be to bring in Dangerfield by using O'Meara as a stepping stone. ;)

Hibberd I will look at bringing into my backline at some point too. :rainbow:

$23,800 left over. :oops:

Team.JPG

Saints didn't play finals ? .....my interest is always how a player finish's off ......guess TWT , i'm just curious re the flooding of teams with Savage a career best ave of 87 ?
Yeah, me too. I'm a bit of a sheep with these things, people keep making compelling cases and I find it believable and feasable. *yeah, they werent finals, but he did have a good run. Must be something in it. Surely he doesn't lose any value. WOrst case he ends up as D6!!!

Done a few hammys back in the day and i assure you i didn't have explosive pace like the Dangetman and they linger all year,could be like Big Brad Ottens,play around 12 games in second half of season and get right for finals,any sign of a niggle and he's rested,A big NO for me....Here's my Dangerless team

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-15-04-59-05.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-15-04-59-05.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2018-03-15-04-59-25.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-15-04-59-25.png
    239.9 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back