2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
gonna roll with this
46k left over
too hard to build a team around getting Danger in after 2 or 3 weeks. Will grab him when I can.

forgot the airport had free wifi as well!

View attachment 469857
Is this the strangest year ? .....can't remember a season with so many Freo players in teams (mine included) ......where Freo are still not expected to make Finals ?

How's your Bye structures looking ?

Got $170k left in the bank. Need to wait on rookie selections to confirm. Think Wallis will fire as a POD.
Thoughts 3...2...1... GO
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 8.33.54 am.png

Rayner.
Number 1 pick with dpp and got 70 odd this week in jlt. Plays for what most peeps consider to be the 2nd worst team in the comp so should play every week.
Realise he is expensive. So was macgrath last year.

I had Rayner in the first version of my team I put together. He was quickly shifted out when I saw he was being played prodominantly up forward, which I think will put a ceiling on his output.

I can see him churning out scores on par with the other lower priced rookies, so my thinking is paying $100k extra for that extra job security isn’t worth it.

Got $170k left in the bank. Need to wait on rookie selections to confirm. Think Wallis will fire as a POD.
Thoughts 3...2...1... GO
View attachment 469873
Wallis was left out of both JLT games. not sure why but it might be worth doing some research if you're going to pick him.
otherwise it looks solid...a little weak in the midfield perhaps. i'd consider making McGrath a rookie and upgrading Rayner

also, whats the plan with Ryder for round 10? i've seen him in a few teams now. are people just happy to cop the donut?

Edit: didnt see Cogs hiding on your bench. mids look much better with him on the field

He had 5 small tons and 4 scores under 70 last year. Confidence player dropped to VFL for half the season. Massive pass for me at this price.
A lot of $$$ for players averaging under 90 ......not many DEF looking ATM to break away from those averages ?

I'm going to wait & watch who breaks out during the season, rather than trying to crystal ball, based on a strange JLT series ?

I had Rayner in the first version of my team I put together. He was quickly shifted out when I saw he was being played prodominantly up forward, which I think will put a ceiling on his output.

I can see him churning out scores on par with the other lower priced rookies, so my thinking is paying $100k extra for that extra job security isn’t worth it.
Rayner will play more forward as he does not yet have the tank for longer stints in the midfield. He's not worth spending 200k on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's a good alternative to Lids?
Get a rookie a use the money elsewhere
Or find $60k-$100k more and get Sicily, Trac or Smith, more chance of having a 90+ averaging keeper

The second ruck and dangerfield are the hardest things to decide. That will separate a lot of teams
Lycette and Dawson are traps, even if they play they wont score highly.If they get dropped its donut city.

Its just talk at this stage, he also had a minor ankle injury.I liked him earlier in the piece but Naughton and Ciffield are better options
Get rid of brayshaw and oshea in defense for Sam Murray and Fynalson or Coffield.Upgrade Deludio to premo

If Geelong name Danger, what time on Sunday do they need to tell us he’s pulled for an emergency? I’m trying to plan my team for the old swtcheroo if he’s named but pulled... Will look something like this

If Danger named: Parker > Danger
If not: Lloyd -> Hibbered
Oliver -> Kelly
Then I have 143k left to play with, could upgrade Mclean to Heeney afterwards. Undecided

b.jpg a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back