2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any thoughts and comments on Witherden?
I’m not gonna spend that amount of money on a player yet to play 10 games. If he becomes damaging then he may get tagged which will likely stop him. Personally I’d rather take the punt on an ol’timer such as Shaw than witherden. Shaw isn’t in my team btw.

It’s one of the reasons I’m staying away from Burton. Don’t want to pay just about premo price for a guy who doesn’t have much experience

Can you get away with Sicily at D3 with a deep fwd line etc

Will most likely roll with this structure, have 80k spare but I haven't ruled out throwing Sicily up forward given the forward rookies look shite.

If Danger is out, will sideways him to GAJ and keep the spare coin until Paddy returns.

Haven't ruled out Lycett either

SC2018.jpg

Dangerless for me!
Always gonna be a big call with the #1 guy is injured/playing it up a bit.
At that price I'd want 22 games!
Think he may miss a couple or have an early exit a couple games.
If I was at Geelong, I would manage him all year and make sure he's right for finals.
...Danger to play and star in all 22 now I've said this!..get him back!

Well ive just done a bit of a re shuffle, went Dusty > Danger, Venables > Garlett and Mclean > Barlow

Im worried if i dont start Danger itll be too hard to get him in and Dusty will be an upgrade target at some point but i still think at his price that Danger is a must have esecially for Captain score purposes.

I only went Venables > Garlett to fund the Danger trade but i'd still rather Venners than Garlo but ive been tinkering the last 30 minutes and cant really do it apart from the obvious one which is Brayshaw to a Brodie/dow type which i still might do but i really want Brayshaw.

With the Mclean > Barlow trade that was also to free up the cash to get Danger but ive had Barlow most of the pre season anyway and only got Mclean in for him after Starlow wasnt named in the JLT 2 but assuming Barlows named round 1 then i reckon ill stick with him. Although i still really like the idea of Mclean so its a tough one.

Other points,

Im quite happy with Bonner at D4, he should get to atleast 400k

Still tossing up between Armo and Jaeger but Jaeger gets the nod atm.

Danger, Mitchell, Fyfe, Cripps and Cogs are basically all locked in, for tonight anyway.

After having Lycett most of the pre season i really like big Stiffy at R1 and will save a trade later in the year.

Still not %100 on Bundy but theres not much else for his price and none of the high end rookies really appeal to me, nor do many of the cheaper rookies.
2018sc20.3.jpg

25ai78w.png

In the last 24 hrs I've decided to take a slightly different, but risky approach.

I'll be starting with 6 rookies total, 3 premium and 3 regular for plenty of upgrade targets.

Danger/Dusty/Fyfe/Parker will be my upgrade targets (for now). I presume Danger's value will drop with Ablett in the mix now.

Getting on the Armitage train for some nice value, he's had a good JLT so no reason to think he'll be poor come round 1.

Forward line is set, hardly any good rookies for round 1.

$216,100 should be more than enough spare cash for future upgrades.

Any thoughts?

25ai78w.png

In the last 24 hrs I've decided to take a slightly different, but risky approach.

I'll be starting with 6 rookies total, 3 premium and 3 regular for plenty of upgrade targets.

Danger/Dusty/Fyfe/Parker will be my upgrade targets (for now). I presume Danger's value will drop with Ablett in the mix now.

Getting on the Armitage train for some nice value, he's had a good JLT so no reason to think he'll be poor come round 1.

Any thoughts?
your midfield scares me. there's a lot of value there but so much risk, both scoring and durability wise but im not telling you anything you dont already know.
...not sure why im posting actually.

carry on :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not set in stone; have $111k in the bank for changes;

• Is Sicily a must? Christensen could go down to Garlett (if named) to free up another $100k if I need up to get Sicily in.
  • Any must-have rookies i'm missing? I went Brodie to Holman and pocketed the cash for the time being.
  • Barlow becomes Billings if he's not named for R1, still not sure if it's worth finding a way to get Billings in anyway.
  • Defensive premos are a shambles; Savage and Brayshaw could both be keepers the way it's looking down there.
  • If Danger is a late out; i'll sideways him to Ablett and hold the cash.

7871a7429b.jpg

upload_2018-3-20_9-58-37.png

Key points re my team:

-1 DEF premium, due to the large amount of rookies in this line which I feel comfortable fielding, and my lack of confidence in forward rookies. Have a gut feel about Bonner being able to average 80+ especially with JP out for a few weeks. Do not feel comfortable spending 500k+ on any other defenders this year, will wait and see how players such as Savage, Witherdan, Sicily pan out.

-As a result, 5 FWD "premo's" and just the one rookie. Reduces the uncertainty of putting another small forward on the field, and I feel as if these guys will comfortable be top 10 forwards by the year's end.

Is there a huge disadvantage having a 1/5 premo split between DEF and FWD compared to a 3/3? I still field the same amount of rookies either way.

View attachment 472060

Key points re my team:

Is there a huge disadvantage having a 1/5 premo split between DEF and FWD compared to a 3/3? I still field the same amount of rookies either way.
You're at least 1 Premo DEF down, but have two "crazy" mid priced options at D2 & D3 .....convert those two at least into a solid D2

Ok guys, don't hold back...Tell me where I've got it wrong? Or should I start planning how I'm gonna spend my $50k winnings? :p

View attachment 472061

Really like your midfield

Touhy is not a bad pick considering how little DEF premos are available.

Petracca not my cup of tea but worth a punt.

Cox is ballsy. Nuff said :p

I'd get rid of Taranto and Impey for a rookie and a Dahlhaus/Lunchmeat type.

25ai78w.png

Any thoughts?

I like it, Parker is also a great option for his price. I'd also definitely get Fyfe in there.

Alright guys, it's been a while but I'm back in this year. I've done zero research apart from looking at some posts here, and come up with this. I know having guys like the Bont and Cripps on the bench are risky, but I already uploaded the image and I'm too lazy to take another one.

Please pick it apart, tell me why and where I'm wrong and why I'm a disappointment to my family.

supercoach.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back