2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we get closer to round 1, I get itchy feet to have guns & rookies.

2k left

Thoughts?

View attachment 459603
View attachment 459607
View attachment 459608

I like that team a lot.

Structures are good. The only real "iffy" selections would be Barlow and JOM but you could make a case for each.

$2k in the bank leaves you in a precarious state with limited options if you get an injury early on but now I'm just being picky. Maybe a cheaper rookie will come up in the backline diring JLT.

Lots of risk, much reward. Feeling frisky af, bring it on campaigners.

View attachment 459552

Quite like the team but Lycett is the obvious hole. Cheaper rookies could get you another premo ruck.

The lack of a perma captain also means you'll be leaking points to your opponents. Gawn and Fyfe are potential captaincy options if they fire but not having either Danger or Dusty who can go 160+ regularly could put you behind.

i preferred the midprice madness, although a compromise between the two is probably what i'd be looking at.
Good call I just don’t want to get stuck with midpricers averaging 80

(Log in to remove this ad.)

version 2.0 (now with 100% more added O'Meara!)

i solved my R2 problem by making Kreuzer R1 but i had to swap a premo mid for Jaeger to finance it.
i figure i'd rather take a chance in the midfield where at least i have cover rather than in the ruck where the options arent so great anyway.

i've got no idea about the rookies, just added a few names i've seen in other peoples teams and randomed the rest.
still got $220k in the kitty. happy to cull some of these expensive rookies and use the cash for another premo.

sc 2018 2.0.JPG

Who is T.Kelly and why would he get a game in the Cats midfield?

Mature age recruit who we swooped on before West Coast (sorry Eagles :D) but absolutely dominated the WAFL last season.

Sort of reminds me of a faster version of Menegola, I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him debut in Round1, if he plays I expect him to be our Motlop replacement as a half forward/wing type player but a better contested player than Motlop which would be great.

Keep an eye on him in AFLX & JLT but if he gets through okay & looks good I think he’ll be one of the best rookies this year.

version 2.0 (now with 100% more added O'Meara!)

i solved my R2 problem by making Kreuzer R1 but i had to swap a premo mid for Jaeger to finance it.
i figure i'd rather take a chance in the midfield where at least i have cover rather than in the ruck where the options arent so great anyway.

i've got no idea about the rookies, just added a few names i've seen in other peoples teams and randomed the rest.
still got $220k in the kitty. happy to cull some of these expensive rookies and use the cash for another premo.

View attachment 459669

I like Robinson as a player. But unless he gets a change of role form that niggling/tagging type player, he's not worth a spot on your team.

I don't think I'm alone in saying that I have ZERO faith in Kruezer being able to play out a year let alone replicate the stellar form of last year.

Not sure Simpson is going to be able to maintain his output. He's been super reliable and super durable but he's nearly 56 and it's going to slow him down eventually.

Going for the whole no danger thing and it has left me with a deep mid, deep defence and a pretty decent forward.

thinking i need to go deep down back with lack of rookies down there but not sure if i should have sicily/lloyd in there instead of mcdonald or hanley.

mids: titch and fyfe is locked 100% the rest could change, love the look of my mid but dont know if i wanna add beams in there somewhere and put another rookie in there just will have to wait and see if im to mid price heavy.

fwd: keeps changing had heeney and billings yesterday then heard both have had interrupted pre seasons so changed back to walters who i had day one and put barlow in who i keep changing my mind about. smith looks great and christensen will be a watch in jlt will decide once i see him play.

rucks: this will most likely change, gawn is a lock but not sure about my 2nd ruck thinking right now lycett or simpson but will have to wait and see otherwise i like jacobs and nic nat (if healthy)

all rookies will change after jlt but ldu and rayner i think will have a huge year

Untitledt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back