2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like Greene or Gray due to their injuries, could downgrade one of them to a Barlow/Lambert/Smith/Roughead.

You're paying peak price for those 3 defenders, im certain all 3 will drop below 500k at some point. Yeo's still on restricted training, he could become McDonald or Simpson.

Your 4 best players all have the R14 bye in the midfield, you may bleed a few points in that round.

Steph Martin won't score well if Archie Smith plays which will happen at some point.

Each to their own but with a bit of spare cash I'd piss of JOM for Cripps
Gray injuries ? .....this year? ....or are you talking historically ?

Very risky team. Gimme dat 50K

Only starting to warm on L McDonald

Changes from last draft:

In: L Mac, Brayshaw, O’Shea, 117K Ruck, C.Rioli

Out: Simpson, Shaw, 123K Def, T.English 117K Fwd

Very cautious on: Sicily, Coniglio, Lycett, D.Smith, Rioli & Christensen

Confident about: Hibberd, Danger, Martin, Titch, Fyfe, Jelwood, Gawn.

Keeping a close eye on all others

View attachment 461788
View attachment 461789
Well done :thumbsu: .......good backbone of Premo's sprinkled with risky players, that could work ?

Cyril or a Setterfield the better for potential ?

My first crack at a team for the year. Thoughts/changes/improvements? Danger/Titch/Cripps/Laird/Hibberd absolute locks for me. Billings if fit by Round1 is in, Barlow likely to be. My main concerns are Bonner, O'Shea, Doedee, Brodie and Rioli.

View attachment 461765

Don't like Lloyd or Bonner. Far too many running types emerging for Sydney with McVeigh starting rd 1, improvement from Mills & Newman will effect his role. Bonner is just too much. <$200k and I'm interested.

Mid price madness across all the other lines. You're spending way too much on the high end rookies. I know you need to see JLT series and team sheets rd 1 but even at this planning stage you shouldn't be counting on 9 $180k + rookies. 2 max and then upgrade 2 premiums.

Rioli is not a SC player.

He pulled out of Aflx due to a hip complaint, not sure how serious it is. Watch in jlt I guess
This time of the year, clubs would hold a player back with a bruise :p ......after all, it was only the AFLX

Don't like Lloyd or Bonner. Far too many running types emerging for Sydney with McVeigh starting rd 1, improvement from Mills & Newman will effect his role. Bonner is just too much. <$200k and I'm interested.

Mid price madness across all the other lines. You're spending way too much on the high end rookies. I know you need to see JLT series and team sheets rd 1 but even at this planning stage you shouldn't be counting on 9 $180k + rookies. 2 max and then upgrade 2 premiums.

Rioli is not a SC player.
+1 .....not a fan either

Very risky team. Gimme dat 50K

Only starting to warm on L McDonald

Changes from last draft:

In: L Mac, Brayshaw, O’Shea, 117K Ruck, C.Rioli

Out: Simpson, Shaw, 123K Def, T.English 117K Fwd

Very cautious on: Sicily, Coniglio, Lycett, D.Smith, Rioli & Christensen

Confident about: Hibberd, Danger, Martin, Titch, Fyfe, Jelwood, Gawn.

Keeping a close eye on all others

View attachment 461788
View attachment 461789

I look at that team and I think you should have $800k in the bank. There's only 8 premiums starting. Unless at least 4, more likely 5 or 6 of your mid pricers become keepers, you're destined to run out of trades by rd 14 and place about 120k. If you're lucky, 2 of those mid pricers will become keepers.

I look at that team and I think you should have $800k in the bank. There's only 8 premiums starting. Unless at least 4, more likely 5 or 6 of your mid pricers become keepers, you're destined to run out of trades by rd 14 and place about 120k. If you're lucky, 2 of those mid pricers will become keepers.

CloudyLimpingAfricanaugurbuzzard-size_restricted.gif

Second crack. A few high draft picks to down grade based on JLT. Or maybe not. Thoughts ?

Attachments

• IMG_4248.PNG
    IMG_4248.PNG
    217.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4247.PNG
    IMG_4247.PNG
    211.1 KB · Views: 6
Walters wants more mid time and seems to finally have his body right. Hopefully Ross wants Freo to move into the current era and play more dynamic attacking footy meaning he puts Walters on the ball more.
Definately see Fyfe resting forward probably swapping with Walters.
Neale and the Hill brothers are set up through the centreline so unless Mundy retires or gets injured Walters only avenue to the middle is swapping with Fyfe. Cant see him dropping though so worth the risk I reckon.

Petracca is like Walters a slight injury risk but also looks to have his body right.
He has a few in front of him for midfield time though. More than Walters, plus Melbourne seem to need him up forward. Played less games, not as versatile. Think hes cheaper for a reason and less likely to break out IMO

After watching Petracca the other night I wonder if his body is right. To me he looked heavy and slow. Just wondering if 6'1 and 96kg at 22 is suited to playing any length of time in mids. Maybe a few kg of muscle too much?
Danger is 6'2 and 92kg according to his wiki, but is also 27 so has a more mature body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching Petracca the other night I wonder if his body is right. To me he looked heavy and slow. Just wondering if 6'1 and 96kg at 22 is suited to playing any length of time in mids. Maybe a few kg of muscle too much?
Danger is 6'2 and 92kg according to his wiki, but is also 27 so has a more mature body.
Good point. He is a tank. Reminds me of chad rintoul.
This is where gut feel is key in SC, especially picking a starting side.

I like that team a lot. JPK always comes home hard after a slow start. I wouldn’t start Sandi but your call.
I should've mentioned that I do have 120k left over. Rucks are hard to pick for me. Goldy? Sauce? There just isnt many on the horizon

I should've mentioned that I do have 120k left over. Rucks are hard to pick for me. Goldy? Sauce? There just isnt many on the horizon

Ryder and eat the bye.

Not sure about Setterfield. Don't watch GWS much at all.

Will watch in JLT.

Not sure about Rioli either. Again. JLT will be making some choices for me.
IMO study Rioli's history ....at his age, he's not going to increase over his recent season averages

I’m taking Ryder. **** the bye. I’m hoping English plays as cover but not fussed if I take a donut.
Not for me .....but i have one Port player in Gray ....if he's out, i should at least have bench coverage, so i may lose 20-30 points that week

But there's no coverage ATM for the Rucks ? ......so that's a 100 ppg loss ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back