Autopsy 2018 Rd 16 Bolton's Battered Blues Belted By Brisbane *Play Nice*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
be frank and start directing something back to players. If he can’t tirn them around maybe he ain’t the coaching messiah we want him to be
and you think the place to do that is through the media?

Rubbish. ‘Injuries, cohesion’. Spare me. If we think that was a bunch of players doing their best then we may as well give it up. Something stinks down at the club and I’m not sure what it is. But to bring this little effort to countless games this year is unacceptable.

My concern is Bolton atm. Fagan and Beveridge seem to get plenty more out of his players. We dish up ultra defensive, boring, non-developmental tripe and win ONE ******* game all year and he goes to the presser and talks about age profile, synergy, cohesion and rebuilds - yes bolts but explain why most of your players aren’t trying. It’s starting to piss me off.
What did u think about last weeks game?

Why do we look so weak, slow and underdone all the time?
Opposition teams always look stronger and fitter than us, killing us on the spread and running us into the ground with loose players everywhere.

I think it's part coaching, part fitness department & part medical department issues. Issues everywhere.

I looked at Collingwood’s list early this season and thought gee they’re in big trouble , no youngsters coming through,their best players are over the hill,too many crappy recycled players and here they are with heaps of injuries and sitting second. Why is that? Why can they show spirit,effort and heart? What’s wrong with us? Coaching , lack of care and effort or is it leadership? I think it’s bits of all of the above.

Modern football; minimal immobile KPPs with maximal runners.

so what is he not doing?
In a belting by the team placed 17th on the ladder, it's not hard to point out specifics, but let's not get into a pissing contest. Love your willingness to always to defend the club but we're not in a good place. It's human to mourn after a loss like this.

Frustrating to watch

Yep.
I just don't know how our effort can just go to shit like today and against the Dockers it was miserable too.

Is it bad Mental preparation/coaching/or are we just not up to it?

When we are playing against teams that are about our level we seem to put in less effort than against the teams that should flog us.

We tend to look disinterested in games that we should be up to our necks in. The younger guys I'm willing to give a reprieve but they still at least should be
playing to minimal standards of tackling hard,blocking,smothering,sheperding,running hard for your team mate etc .

But more than a few senior players today proved to me that they just are not up to the standard of AFL intensity/effort when the chips are down and are required to go above and beyond the usual standards but are not willing to exert themselves.

Thus leading to the younger kids having to lift to a standard that is not expected of them just yet.

I can unfortunately see at least another big cull at the end of the year including a few in the coaching department. To me if we are going to get smashed week in week out for the rest of the season we might as well try a few more kids in positions to see what they have to offer.
I still feel that we have a core group of youngsters that if we keep them together and trade for a couple of midfield 2 way running guns, we can get back on track and get some pride back at this great club.
Lets just hope that the likes of Cripps,Curnow,Docherty,Fisher,Kennedy,SPS,Williamson,Macreadie,Pickett,Dow,Obrien,Marchbank,Byrne,Weitering,Silvagni,Mckay,Cuningham,Polson,Dekoning etc can get some game time/resolve together and get that camaraderie that great teams over the years have had to build from the ground up.
Which leads to what we lack in the team right now of a willing to put your body on the line for your team mate and work hard for each other and protect each other at all costs all the basic standards of a successful football team.
GO BLUES!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much did we miss a Simmo or Doc today ? Our backline was appalling, loose lions running around everywhere ..even Plow would of made a difference
I said in the game day thread we are missing our 4 running HB's. **** this season and the horse it rode in on.

I think you might've misinterpreted what I meant by lowest point and your rationale I totally agree with, in a wasted season like this all I want/hope is to see some young players do some nice things. (As you said Samo, LOB, Polson showed glimpses and give us something to work with.)

My perspective is that if we're going to be comprehensively beaten like today I want to see McKay in the forward line with Charlie amongst others, lets see what we have in reserve and throw them into the deep end.
Don't mind me, I just do this thing where I quote people, talk to them for like the first two/three sentences, then make a general comment. Carry on.

Midfield issues? We have issues all over the park and only one first round pick.

Even when the midfield get the ball it's either Charlie or bust for the forward line.
Yes your right but think its clearly our biggest issue that controls our destiny in each game .
We play the way we do defensively because we lack the midfield to play any other way .
As soon as the game opens up we get slaughtered for run and carry and puts enormous pressure on our defence .
I have confidence that if we could develop a decent midfield that it will make Mckay when he's ready Kerr and Pickett much better players in our forwardline .
When Docherty and Williamson return next year that will give us much more drive from defence .
We just dont bat anywhere near deep enough in the midfield and need run desperately .

I'm scared to even listen to that presser.

How about not being soft on them and giving a few a public bake. It's not like the nice guy apporach has worked

St Kilda, Hawthorn, Gold Coast our next 3. Only change of a win in 2 of those games if we put in enough effort. After that, not sure we'll get close to anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back