Autopsy 2018 Rd 16 Bolton's Battered Blues Belted By Brisbane *Play Nice*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well frankly, most of you need schooling.
I’m serious. Our younger players are being put under pressure of a kind that would not ordinarily occur for them at this very early stage of their development.
Do u not get that?
Some will survive but others will be increasingly defeated. Weitering is a prime example.
Are there any female supporters who get this?
Most of the vocal males seem to have no idea

Give it a rest with the condescending remarks.
Totally uncalled for.

Warnings have been posted in this thread along with other threads & also in the thread title - *Play Nice*

You have been warned!

Having just read the last couple of pages of this thread I can see a minority of posters who are responding just as I knew some would when it got a little bit tough this year.

I questioned at the time of Bolton's appointment if all of our supporters would have the stomach for the full rebuild which was promised by him, SOS & the board. Right on cue those who don't have the stomach for it want another coach's scalp, a board challenge & the right to throw their toys out of their cot. 4 coach sackings in 13 years was obviously not enough to appease these supporters.

I asked at the time of Malthouse's sacking how many more sackings will it take for the club to realise you need to give your coach the cattle to work with before you can properly assess their work. Yet despite our playing list being horribly unbalanced, with a lack of quality players in the 24-28 age group, some would have you believe that sacking the coach will suddenly resolve this issue. A new coach will apparently make superstars out of O'Shea, Mullett, Shaw, Graham, Lamb, Kerridge & Wright.

My brain hurts.

You lost me at Malthouse and 'needing the cattle'. He ditched all our cattle! One after the other. By choice!

And a new coach may very well make more of Weitering, Jack and Mckay for starters, not to mention a few other youngsters. Fancy having a player with the talent of Weitering that uninspired that he can't keep a spot in the senior side in his third year of football.

Instead of criticising other posters how about you tell us about all the positive things Bolton has brought to the club in his three years here. Tell us how much the AFL defines us by our pressure or how these little green shoots from three years ago have blossomed into plants or trees. I note that Bolton himself wont use that term anymore because he realises what a pisstake it would be.

There is no cohesion whatsoever. Even when we try our heart out we fail. Confusion reins supreme onfield at the Carlton football club and there's one guy in charge of the whole thing, and you think he's beyond criticism or not accountable for his job? Give it a rest mate.

Surely we all came into this year knowing it was going to be a slog. No Gibbs, no Doc, interrupted pre seasons for many of the guys expected to shoulder the load or at least step up, namely Kennedy, Lang, SPS, McKay, Cuningham and obviously Williamson. A mile behind the eight ball before a ball was bounced.

Compounding that...Murph and Marchbank never got going, Kreuzer has carried injury throughout, Levi missing plenty, Plow in cotton wool, Byrne MIA, the depth falling away with the likes of Macreadie, Phillips, Lobbe, Le Bois and others missing multiple weeks. You couldn't plan a more perfect shitstorm.

Anyone who can acknowledge all of the above and still wonder what became of the game plan might just be a jot unreasonable.

With our limited depth and lack of senior bodies our margin for error was always slim to non existent this year. There simply isn't the ability in the 22 guys running out each week to execute a game plan for a quarter, much less a match. It doesn't excuse lack of effort like last week, but it's pretty clear why we aren't moving the ball or structuring up like in the pre season.

Add in Doc, maybe 3 or so off the injury list, maybe another 2-3 via draft, trade and FA...going to be a very different team lining up on a Thursday night in March next year.

What would you want MLG to say that Liddle doesn't already say in said media outlets?
If you want him to say we are shit, it's not going to happen.
If you want him to criticise the players, it's not going to happen.
If you want him to criticise the coach, it's not going to happen.
If you want him to criticise SOS, it's not going to happen.

MLG has been generous with his time at a number of club functions, speaking to ordinary fans one on one. Politicians would call it 'pressing the flesh'. I would rather he be doing this than treading on Liddle's territory & I would certainly prefer Judd doing much of the footy media stuff as a board representative because not only is he good with the media stuff, but he has a greater knowledge of the game than any of the media nuff nuffs who are coming after our club.

Absolutely.

Judd handled the situation perfectly on FC on Monday night.

Let the bakers bake.

Well they ****** up potentially big time with the no PP statement. Why would I be applauding their efforts?

They screwed up the women's team, why would I be applauding their efforts?

As you'll note I'm not calling for anyone to resign or be fired, simply questioning how they go about things.

We have our own media outlets that are directed at only Carlton fans. Very easy to connect with fans through that. Hardly whoring oneself to the media in this day and age.
Why would the CEO, who was endorsed by the Boardbefore he spoke to the media, think that it was sound governance practice to make a chest thumping decision about not asking for a PP before the season was far from over?
After he and the Board made that statement the team’s performance deteriorated further!
Some media commentators are now comparing us to Fitzroy in the 90’s.
On Footy Classified Chris Judd, a board member, sought to justify the no PP announcement on the ground that “we will not get a PP so why waste the energy on asking for one”.
If Chris Judd was a barrister I wouldn’t want him defending me.
As of yesterday Denis Pagan, who owes no allegiance to Carlton these days and who is a North Melbourne elder, said that the AFL must give Carlton a PP.
The current board is of suspect quality.
If I get too Bolshy about it I’ll get another warning from Aphrodite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we all came into this year knowing it was going to be a slog. No Gibbs, no Doc, interrupted pre seasons for many of the guys expected to shoulder the load or at least step up, namely Kennedy, Lang, SPS, McKay, Cuningham and obviously Williamson. A mile behind the eight ball before a ball was bounced.

Compounding that...Murph and Marchbank never got going, Kreuzer has carried injury throughout, Levi missing plenty, Plow in cotton wool, Byrne MIA, the depth falling away with the likes of Macreadie, Phillips, Lobbe, Le Bois and others missing multiple weeks. You couldn't plan a more perfect shitstorm.

Anyone who can acknowledge all of the above and still wonder what became of the game plan might just be a jot unreasonable.

With our limited depth and lack of senior bodies our margin for error was always slim to non existent this year. There simply isn't the ability in the 22 guys running out each week to execute a game plan for a quarter, much less a match. It doesn't excuse lack of effort like last week, but it's pretty clear why we aren't moving the ball or structuring up like in the pre season.

Add in Doc, maybe 3 or so off the injury list, maybe another 2-3 via draft, trade and FA...going to be a very different team lining up on a Thursday night in March next year.
May I be so impertinent to ask this question?
By way of introduction to the question I note the following.
First, this is our worst season in the post 2015 development. This is year 3.
Secondly, SOS said it would be a 66 game re build. We are not far off game 66.
Thirdly, club officials have revealed during this season that they expected this to be the hardest 22 games in the 66 game re build.
Fourthly, the club revealed last year that at the end of this season we will be going after established talent in the 24-27 year group.
The question is this.
If the club expected this to be the worst year in the re build (and the fact is that it is much worse than they forecast at the beginning of 2016) how could anyone at the club seriously think that any of the elite talent who are free agents this year would want to come to Carlton?
Surely the penny has now dropped that no one of quality will want to come here.
I bet they thought that they were a real chance of getting Rory Sloane. He re-signed with Adelaide today and said that he had thought about returning to Melbourne.
My suspicion is that if our re-development had progressed, as it had been hoped, we would have been a real chance of getting Sloane.
Can you imagine what advice Bryce Gibbs gave him?!
We need some radical surgery to deal with the current problem.
A tradeable PP is just part of what we need.
The Board has to change its mind about asking for a PP.

how bad has this place regressed in the past couple of months - posters are making secret group-threads to avoid the kooks - that's how bad

Well I don't know anything about these secret group threads so guess that makes me a kook.

Next thing people will be quoting from The Secret Seven. But then again wot me worry, I won't see it anyway.

how bad has this place regressed in the past couple of months - posters are making secret group-threads to avoid the kooks - that's how bad
Secret group threads - hmm very interesting :think:

Why would the CEO, who was endorsed by the Boardbefore he spoke to the media, think that it was sound governance practice to make a chest thumping decision about not asking for a PP before the season was far from over?
After he and the Board made that statement the team’s performance deteriorated further!
Some media commentators are now comparing us to Fitzroy in the 90’s.
On Footy Classified Chris Judd, a board member, sought to justify the no PP announcement on the ground that “we will not get a PP so why waste the energy on asking for one”.
If Chris Judd was a barrister I wouldn’t want him defending me.
As of yesterday Denis Pagan, who owes no allegiance to Carlton these days and who is a North Melbourne elder, said that the AFL must give Carlton a PP.
The current board is of suspect quality.
If I get too Bolshy about it I’ll get another warning from Aphrodite.

You will feel much better once you stop taking notice of what the media and people who have no idea of what is going on internally say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back