Autopsy 2018 Rd 16 Bolton's Battered Blues Belted By Brisbane *Play Nice*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can definitely tell you that MLG was talking to the fans (not via the media) in Brisbane on Saturday. My son had a good chat with him at the pre-match function, as I understand did other Carlton supporters who were present at the function. I have noted other posters on here also indicating that they have had an opportunity to talk with MLG in person at various stages this season & in the past.

Well he wasn't in the stands at the Freo game so I nor all the angry people about me at that game didn't have a chance to chat with him.

It's nice he talks with fans at a function very few can attend. Thus the majority never hear a peep out of him.

You will have no doubt noticed that our CEO Cain Liddle has been involved in a number of media interviews this year, as well as putting out emails to members providing updates of what is happening at the club. There would be no need for MLG to be doubling up with the same information.

This is the guy who said we don't want a PP. Not feeling good vibes about him and his judgement at present (if he was part of the team making that call).

I'm not really sure what more you are looking for from MLG, perhaps you would like to see him hosting an afternoon quiz show or diabolical footy show. How about commentating for Channel 7 or Fox Footy?

Perhaps an explanation from the President as to why we'd make such a moronic comment in the media would be helpful to fans trying to understand the stupidity behind such an action?

Well he wasn't in the stands at the Freo game so I nor all the angry people about me at that game didn't have a chance to chat with him.

It's nice he talks with fans at a function very few can attend. Thus the majority never hear a peep out of him.

This is the guy who said we don't want a PP. Not feeling good vibes about him and his judgement at present (if he was part of the team making that call).

Perhaps an explanation from the President as to why we'd make such a moronic comment in the media would be helpful to fans trying to understand the stupidity behind such an action?
You've really got it bad for MLG & now you are adding Cain Liddle to your distrust list.

In all honesty, how many of the 18 AFL Club Presidents/Chairpersons do you know of & how many are regularly addressing the media?
Have we heard from St Kilda's president about their abysmal season after being predicted by many as finalists & even Top 4?
When has the Essendope president stepped forward to explain their poor season, when again they were predicted as certain finalists on the back of recruiting Smith, Saad & Stringer?
Who generally speaks on behalf of the Richmond FC? I'll answer this for you, it is Benny Gale, their CEO, their coach Dimma or Football Department Head Neil Balme. The only time you will here from their President is in relation to ceremonial matters.

The role of a club president, as far as I am concerned & despite what media tarts like McGuire, Kennett & Gordon demonstrate, is to look after the corporate side of things because very rarely do club presidents have the football background to be able to comment on the football side of things.

I'm sure we are all hurting at the moment, but we are not going to suddenly become a successful team by pouring scorn on the President because he doesn't whore himself to the media like the abovenamed Presidents do.

You've really got it bad for MLG & now you are adding Cain Liddle to your distrust list.

Well they ****ed up potentially big time with the no PP statement. Why would I be applauding their efforts?

They screwed up the women's team, why would I be applauding their efforts?

As you'll note I'm not calling for anyone to resign or be fired, simply questioning how they go about things.

I'm sure we are all hurting at the moment, but we are not going to suddenly become a successful team by pouring scorn on the President because he doesn't whore himself to the media like the abovenamed Presidents do.

We have our own media outlets that are directed at only Carlton fans. Very easy to connect with fans through that. Hardly whoring oneself to the media in this day and age.

We have our own media outlets that are directed at only Carlton fans. Very easy to connect with fans through that. Hardly whoring oneself to the media in this day and age.
What would you want MLG to say that Liddle doesn't already say in said media outlets?
If you want him to say we are shit, it's not going to happen.
If you want him to criticise the players, it's not going to happen.
If you want him to criticise the coach, it's not going to happen.
If you want him to criticise SOS, it's not going to happen.

MLG has been generous with his time at a number of club functions, speaking to ordinary fans one on one. Politicians would call it 'pressing the flesh'. I would rather he be doing this than treading on Liddle's territory & I would certainly prefer Judd doing much of the footy media stuff as a board representative because not only is he good with the media stuff, but he has a greater knowledge of the game than any of the media nuff nuffs who are coming after our club.

100% correct.

Let's open the cheque book (or the brown paper bag) and raid the SANFL and WAFL for the best young players.

"Rebel against the system" - gee that worked well for us last time we tried it.

Welcome to the 21st Century.

Doesn't quite work like that anymore.
No. Let’s mount a legal challenge to the current AFL Rules.

What would you want MLG to say that Liddle doesn't already say in said media outlets?
If you want him to say we are shit, it's not going to happen.
If you want him to criticise the players, it's not going to happen.
If you want him to criticise the coach, it's not going to happen.
If you want him to criticise SOS, it's not going to happen.

MLG has been generous with his time at a number of club functions, speaking to ordinary fans one on one. Politicians would call it 'pressing the flesh'. I would rather he be doing this than treading on Liddle's territory & I would certainly prefer Judd doing much of the footy media stuff as a board representative because not only is he good with the media stuff, but he has a greater knowledge of the game than any of the media nuff nuffs who are coming after our club.

How about he takes responsibility for having the final say on the shit decisions made? Like saying we were stupid to put that out (PP) in the media.

You're obsessed with outside noise. I've not mentioned it, don't care what they say or think.

I'm talking about the many unhappy Carlton fans out there.

Less than 1% of the fans attend these functions you keep going on about so they do nothing in reaching the wider Carlton audience.

At the start of the build they had a message, it's starting to wear thin.

Thanks for ‘schooling’ us. :rolleyes:
Well frankly, most of you need schooling.
I’m serious. Our younger players are being put under pressure of a kind that would not ordinarily occur for them at this very early stage of their development.
Do u not get that?
Some will survive but others will be increasingly defeated. Weitering is a prime example.
Are there any female supporters who get this?
Most of the vocal males seem to have no idea.

I’m serious. Our younger players are being put under pressure of a kind that would not ordinarily occur for them at this very early stage of their development.
Do u not get that?
Some will survive but others will be increasingly defeated. Weitering is a prime example.
wut?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do u not get that?
See, i was onboard partly until the last 2 lines.

Do u not get that?
Most of the vocal males seem to have no idea

I didn't realize the never ending priority pick saga was headed for a gender war!:huh:

How about he takes responsibility for having the final say on the shit decisions made? Like saying we were stupid to put that out (PP) in the media.
I'm assuming your not prepared to accept Chris Judd providing an explanation on behalf of the board (of which he is a member & the Football Director) in relation to the PP. You just want the President to put some shit on the club.

I'm happy for the club to stay united on their message rather than feeding the media frenzy. Unfortunately you & a minority of other Carlton supporters take too much notice of what the media have to say, most of whom wouldn't have a clue about what is going on, but are very keen to generate ratings, sales of newspapers & click bait.

I'm assuming your not prepared to accept Chris Judd providing an explanation on behalf of the board (of which he is a member & the Football Director) in relation to the PP. You just want the President to put some shit on the club.

I'm happy for the club to stay united on their message rather than feeding the media frenzy. Unfortunately you & a minority of other Carlton supporters take too much notice of what the media have to say, most of whom wouldn't have a clue about what is going on, but are very keen to generate ratings, sales of newspapers & click bait.

haha cripes can you read?

I already stated I couldn't care less what the outside media think or say. I don't watch any of those shows or read papers.

It's YOU who keeps bringing it up, you're the one that's obsessed with the outside media.

Everything I've spoken about is from a Carlton fans perspective and on the Carlton board. I'm talking about the mindset of friends and people sitting around me at the games. Has zero to do with generating ratings, sales of newspapers & click bait.

It's about fans perceptions, nothing more, nothing less.

No. Let’s mount a legal challenge to the current AFL Rules.
This might of been a good idea 30 years ago when we were an AFL powerhouse, but when you are sitting at the bottom of the ladder, in the middle of a rebuild, the last thing we need is for the AFL's rules to be shot down in court, leading to a player recruitment free for all for those clubs sitting at or near the top of the ladder. We just wouldn't be able to compete.

I'm sure Charlie would be happy to take the $1.5m+ per year which Geelong would freely offer him to move to the Cattery.
Crippa would be reluctant to knock back the huge contract the Eagles would throw at him & they would probably have a very generous offer for Fisher as well.

Do u not get that?
I didn't realise Kathleen Kennedy was a Carlton supporter.

Do u not get that?
Seriously...

haha cripes can you read?
I already stated I couldn't care less what the outside media think or say. I don't watch any of those shows or read papers.
It's YOU who keeps bringing it up, you're the one that's obsessed with the outside media.
Everything I've spoken about is from a Carlton fans perspective and on the Carlton board. I'm talking about the mindset of friends and people sitting around me at the games. Has zero to do with generating ratings, sales of newspapers & click bait.
It's about fans perceptions, nothing more, nothing less.

I understand you saying yours are not but can you guarantee that their perceptions are not being influenced by the media they read?

I think it is easier for us older supporters to take this line because we have seen a lot of success. I feel for and admire the younger supporters who have stuck with the club through the dark years. Hopefully they will be rewarded for their loyalty in the not too distant future.
To be honest making top 4 would feel what I imagine a flag feels like at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back