News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not wrong.

We should have drafted pretracca or brayshaw. Or traded pick 1 and drafted paddy or wright later in the draft.

Gresham also statistical in our top couple players.

Interesting that Seb, Newnes and Billings so high as well. Savage pretty good too. If we delisted the whipping boys we'd be screwed.

Lots of interesting chat on the Saints on Footy Classified tonight if someone can download it...

Covered the coach and the fact that he really only has one more year because the next is heavily performance based, the board and potential changes, the CEO, the list, the players we are chasing and the fact that Blues, Saints and GC all potentially in line for priority picks.

Caro actually mentioned that all the people there ( talking about the board) were too nice (her words). She says that the AFL s first priority should be to fix these teams, not the game.

Last edited:
Lots of interesting chat on the Saints on Footy Classified tonight if someone can download it...

Covered the coach and the fact that he really only has one more year because the next is heavily performance based, the board and potential changes, the CEO, the list, the players we are chasing and the fact that Blues, Saints and GC all potentially in line for priority picks.

Caro actually mentioned that all the people there ( talking about the board) were too nice (her words). She says that the AFL s first priority should be to fix these teams, not the game.
I was doing some channel surfing and stopped on 9 and heard the word Saints and stopped and caught a bit of it.

Was a little shell shocked again after seeing 3 of the four goals the Bombers kicked prior to 1/2 time.....the skill levels were again....appalling.

Just caught :

Caro was advocating us...Suns and Carlton should get a priority pick......was quite stunned about her comments about fix "these 3 clubs"...not the game.

She also mentioned the AFL rate Carltons list above ours.

I was quite rattled after hearing all that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Distressing's not the word...…….it really hit home harder to me the extent of the mess we're in.
At least we got her campaigning for us to get a priority pick!
That's positively strong and pleasing.

Whats not is that 2019 appears to a write off already!

Not to worry bud, try to channel that Ess flog from the other day and.....

CHIN UP!........:)

We have money burning a hole in our pocket. Have to spend 105% don't we? And maybe the year after as well. As the great John Kennedy said once....'Don't think....DO!!'

If we can't get top players to come FA then keep shaking those trees. Menzel is worth a gamble. And I say every year that I hope we don't give up our top pick. But if it gets to our pick and say Lukosius is still there and Adelaide want to give us something over the top....happy days. Some will say just take Lukosius. But these guys become a flight risk.

Not sure why some are being shy about a PP pick either. We bottomed out when the drafts were compromised. Our 1st round draft player numbers are very much lower than many clubs. We are thin on talent. Get it in.....and keep giving! I'm not shy. I want to see the club strong.

Last edited:
At least we got her campaigning for us to get a priority pick!
That's positively strong and pleasing.

Whats not is that 2019 appears to a write off already!

Not to worry bud, try to channel that Ess flog from the other day and.....

CHIN UP!........:)
don't want a priority pick. If we don't have decent systems, we'll just stuff the pick up anyway. We need help fixing our infrastructure, not a welfare cheque.

don't want a priority pick. If we don't have decent systems, we'll just stuff the pick up anyway. We need help fixing our infrastructure, not a welfare cheque.
Hear what your saying Perse! And agree on principle!
But we have been screwed so many times in the past with matters to do with fairplay!
F#ck it! The AFL owe us!

We should not be looking at this gift horse and thinking we are better than that!
We are Not!

And should the day ever come where the Saints finally deliver us all what we crave
do you think any of us will give a flying toss about how we got this PP!

Hear what your saying Perse! And agree on principle!
But we have been screwed so many times in the past with matters to do with fairplay!
F#ck it! The AFL owe us!

We should not be looking at this gift horse and thinking we are better than that!
We are Not!

And should the day ever come where the Saints finally deliver us all what we crave
do you think any of us will give a flying toss about how we got this PP!
Agreed they bloody owe us. Give us a PP aftet our first and at the end of the 1st.
Every other bastards gets concessions and FRIGGEN blockbusters etc.

We get twilight Saturdays and rebuilds during compromised draft.
The AFL fecked us with GWS and GCS, 6 interstate trips every year, Port away since 1980, and other shit campaigner acts.

They can give us everything and I will greedily take it

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The heat is truly on the club right now.
They’ve done Carlton and GCS and now it’s us.
A straight 30 minutes on us on 3aw so far...

Reiterating that Richo’s contract is really only one year, with the other one heavily performance based ( so maybe our board wasn’t quite as foolish as we thought).

Big power struggle at board level...some supporting Jim Watts, some saying Andrew Bassett. Aside from that, many board members expected to step down, including Andrew Thompson. Either way, it looks like Summers is gone sooner rather than later.

Some issues between Finnis and the AFL regarding our debt.

AFL think Carlton’s list is better than ours!

Caro’s conspiracy theory that the club keeps Richo on until next year when Clarko and possibly Longmire’s contracts expire.

Sam McClure speculating that Richo does not want Ratten at the club...they weren’t so close at Carlton. However, it would be SL’s decision.

Have to agree with Kennett, people get too comfortable and need to be moved on after three, four years. Hence the reason they have moved Ratten on. Just think about how long our assistant coaches have been there...longer than Richo in most cases.

Well the heat is certainly on...let’s see who survives. Hope our players are really stung by all the talk about how mediocre they are....although really, do we actually want to win the last 2?

I’ll answer my own question...yes, we do, we need to finish this year on a small positive at least.

Edit: Browny got three. Sorry for him but hopefully opens up a spot for Goddard.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back