News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t say I’m overly confident that the people doing the business now will be looking for long term success over a short term fix. Their balls are on the line, so to speak, to fix things now after our shocking year.

What can I say, I’m just disenchanted at the moment and distrustful of any of the decision makers right now? Let’s hope they don’t make any stupid decisions.
I'm with you there Diehard....I'm extremely nervous about what the club will do....there's so much at stake it's just not funny.

I have a very strong knotted stomach feeling.

Given the crap year....the firestorm.....the coaching situation.....will the powers to be put the future interests of the club first for the long term benefit or take the short term fix/sugar hit to appease everyone given the dire situation we're in?

A year ago I would have said the former in a heartbeat......but I can say I'm not 100% confident as of right now.

Maybe Sat nights result has clouded my thinking......that result really blew me away.

My confidence has gone down somewhat with the news(is this in fact correct? ) that the Football dept review was to exclude the senior coaches......which made me think straight away there's no way Richo is getting the heave ho and since then Simon L has very strongly come out and stated Richo is our man.

I found that extremely deflating.

What I can tell you is that there's a lot of "behind the scenes stuff" currently going on at RSEA.

Rooey is a fantastic media performer: he instantly improves every show he is on. Already making On the Couch even better tonight, he should get a pay rise.[/QUOTE
Rooey is a fantastic media performer: he instantly improves every show he is on. Already making On the Couch even better tonight, he should get a pay rise.
Does anyone think it would be good to have him on our board?

My confidence has gone down somewhat with the news(is this in fact correct? ) that the Football dept review was to exclude the senior coaches......which made me think straight away there's no way Richo is getting the heave ho and since then Simon L has very strongly come out and stated Richo is our man.

I found that extremely deflating.

Spot-on. That's pretty much me as well.

I've certainly been more anti-Richo than most for awhile now but the highlighted has made me more concerned than ever for our club. I know it's dangerous/unrealistic to make out that Lethlean would be a knight in shining armour that would fix everything but at the very least I thought he would carry out a thorough review, including everyone.

That Richo and potentially others were excluded from a review is possibly the most alarming thing to happen in a year of alarming things (and that's saying something).

Last edited:
Pretty sure Hannerbery will not be the only one Saints are talking too.
Gaff
Beams
Shiel
Kelly
Conigilo
Polac
Lloyd
Neale
McGovern
Lynch

may be a few more - then they will see what they have to part with.

Can't see them selling the farm for a player that might never regain his best form.

hopefully we get someone who will standup.

That Richo and potentially others were excluded from a review is possibly the most alarming thing to happen in a year of alarming things (and that's saying something).
My thoughts also Narkles……….it's a HUGE concern.

Can’t say I’m overly confident that the people doing the business now will be looking for long term success over a short term fix. Their balls are on the line, so to speak, to fix things now after our shocking year.

What can I say, I’m just disenchanted at the moment and distrustful of any of the decision makers right now? Let’s hope they don’t make any stupid decisions.

Great post. This is exactly how I am feeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows are gonna trade picks 7 and 15 for 4???

Triggy....pass that spliff dude ya hogg.

**** i hope that happens
im floating that rumor all day at work to the chardonnay sipping floggs
Always good to wind em up, they bite so easily when u get the port supporters involved as well
Could be a fun day at work

Whispers in the Herald Sun today, about the injured player put back on the field making comment about the decision makers? First thought is Hickey but I hate the thought of one of our boys acting like that.
Hickey's body language was all "get me the **** back out there" when he went down so I doubt it. If he genuinely didnt want to go back out he wouldnt have.

Hickey's body language was all "get me the **** back out there" when he went down so I doubt it. If he genuinely didnt want to go back out he wouldnt have.

I was at the game so missed that.. did see a clip on one of the footy shows though and he did look quite animated talking to Richo on the bench... Couldn't tell if that was in a good way or not at the time.

I was at the game so missed that.. did see a clip on one of the footy shows though and he did look quite animated talking to Richo on the bench... Couldn't tell if that was in a good way or not at the time.

Wasn't serious. Tom was just taking the hickey.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back