List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
my contact reckons the Hickey to WCE thing has gone ice cold ... dunno if it was he didnt pass the medical or they are securing someone else but my guys says it most likely not happening ...
he is also very strong on the though that SPP is keen to head to Victoria away from Port ...
also something has changed Hogans mind about Freo ... he was dead against it but now is keen to wear purple ...

View attachment 566930 Just saw this...I’ve got no view really...he wants more midfield time...
Its as if we have suddenly become THE Destination club!

For every underperforming hack that is struggling at their current club!

Taking Moneyball to a whole new level are our mighty Sainters!

By the looks of things
Carl ....walsh
GC .....Lukosious
GC ....Rankine
We happy with the next best either
Max King , Ben King or Bailey Smith ?
Or do we trade 4 off adding a player + mid 1st rounder ?
Hate to be the list manager .
Although I have spoken first hand with the King boys coach, I want Bailey Smith. Workhorse, tough, spread, ball winner, loves to tackle with second and third efforts, good kick but, has the look of a kid that never gives up. Love the way he plays.

What do Kornel, Tony74, Jaxons have mail wise? Is anything leaking that we don’t already know about?

Still think Newnes is gonna be part of the Hanners deal from what I’ve been told over the last 2-3 weeks.

I reckon the Swans will do well with Newnes I can see him being a good player for them. If Hanners doesn’t get back to his best we probably lose that trade badly. He will still cost a pick as well. Newnes off his worst year since drafting off no preseason and injured.

We need a lot of luck going our way, we are gambling. We could lose Hickey, Newnes, Lonie, Acres, Bruce and bring in injured Hanners, injured Setterfield, injury plagued Kent and draft picks. Could easily finish last if it doesn’t pay off.

I reckon the Swans will do well with Newnes I can see him being a good player for them. If Hanners doesn’t get back to his best we probably lose that trade badly. He will still cost a pick as well. Newnes off his worst year since drafting off no preseason and injured.

We need a lot of luck going our way, we are gambling. We could lose Hickey, Newnes, Lonie, Acres, Bruce and bring in injured Hanners, injured Setterfield, injury plagued Kent and draft picks. Could easily finish last if it doesn’t pay off.
Why are we losing Newnes, Bruce & Arces ?

If our club is looking at Townsend then our recruitment team is hopeless and we are sunk.
He is a list clogger. Yes he had a purple patch last year but is 26 and cant get his hands on the ball.

The only fringe players worth targeting are those that are 22 or younger and thus will improve.

I despair if we are really looking at Townsend

Last edited:

or it could go the opposite.

Don't reckon Acres, Bruce or Newnes are going anywhere. It's not a closing down sale

my contact reckons the Hickey to WCE thing has gone ice cold ... dunno if it was he didnt pass the medical or they are securing someone else but my guys says it most likely not happening ...
he is also very strong on the though that SPP is keen to head to Victoria away from Port ...
also something has changed Hogans mind about Freo ... he was dead against it but now is keen to wear purple ...

would go hard at SPP.. still just 20 years old and wont get him this cheap in 2 years time.. not that he will be cheap but compared to 2 years time, yes... think DeGoey at the end of 2016

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really are becoming the voice of doom. Lets just say we get hanners without losing Newnes as it has never been mentioned previously and he gets back close to his best. Lets say we don't lose Acres and Bruce and Lonie and Hickey. I suppose you will then complain we should have traded players to get mid second and third round picks.

I have no doubts it will. Hopefully the rejigging of the assistant coaches, namely getting Ratts, will sway a few given the Clarko influenced 6-peat that occurred on Saturday
Also agree, would love to name another assistant coach this week in either Mitchell or Harv's.
That would get all potential suitable players to notice us then. A very good coaching panel and coin.

In my opinion I don't think we need to recruit average footballers in to apply forward pressure. This is something that should be coached to our forwards, just as it was to Richmond's. I can tell you Townsend wasn't a pressure forward when he played at Leeton or the Giants.
They prob think Lonie not strong enough, and mav not enough talent

would go hard at SPP.. still just 20 years old and wont get him this cheap in 2 years time.. not that he will be cheap but compared to 2 years time, yes... think DeGoey at the end of 2016

Remember when dusty was shopping himself around but everyone baulked at the price tag. He'd be in the same boat in a few seasons

BTW, I don't really want Townsend, just love the way anyone linked to us is shit canned.
Jesus Christ, betcha Caddy and Prestia were shit canned in 2016 but were perfect for the team balance.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Youre completely right, but I think theres a bit of frustration that we are once again unlikely to land the "big fish" that for 4 years the Club have been pretty transparent that they would like and our list structure almost demands.

The lack of a FA has been partially due to some rotten luck with the salary cap increase, but this year weve had one gun FA and 3-4 A grade mids happy to move. However we have one poor season and now none of them it seems want us, despite having bags of money and a Top 4 pick. If our and Norths seasons were swapped (and thats how most people picked it pre-season), ya reckon Gaff would be looking at Arden St so dreamingly?

Yes Hanners might re-explode, ignite our midfield and theres our big fish, but you cant really blame fans for thinking that this likely "quantity over quality" borne of necessity rather than want, might just get us Charlie Gardiner, Mark Gamble or Shane Birss, rather than Tim Membrey.

Change my mind... I'll take the hard campaigner

Check out @Adrian_Poly’s Tweet:

yeap people have short memories as to how good he really was in that 2017 finals series

what i am concerned about is options if membrey goes down. i think we need depth there. i also think adding to that mid 20s range should in theory help drive training standards

the way i see it (preferred/backup):
Membrey : Townsend
Bruce : Marshall
Battle : McCartin (yeah i don't rate him)

in fact you could let Townsend, McCartin and Battle fight it out for that last spot

I think Venice has had that for 400 years but at least it’s just after the main tourist season now. I hate other tourists, I’m happier on a remote island than amongst the cattle.

There are some very nice little fishing villages along the road from Dubrovnik to Split...if you need a break from rubbernecking and fancy some decent wine, seafood, and locals that don't see you as something to exploit then I recommend a couple of days chilling. Some of the quieter islands worth a view too, but if you've been to Croatia before, you probably know all these things.

BTW, I don't really want Townsend, just love the way anyone linked to us is shit canned.
Jesus Christ, betcha Caddy and Prestia were shit canned in 2016 but were perfect for the team balance.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

the Caddy analogy here is absolutely bang on for the townsend option. good point mate!

Chatter is Lobb is (finally) going to WC which could explain this.

Would be perfect for WC, Lobb and Vardy to ruck next year and ease NN for his final few years if his body holds out.

there's a bit to play out at WCE. Hogans preference was always Freo. his management have been trying to orchestrate the OUT: neale IN: hogan thing for years now.

personally if i'm WCE i'd prioritise it like this:
Kelly
Lobb
Hogan

Hogan just doesn't stay on the park. WCE were able to win without Kennedy. i wouldn't be surprised at all if they go for a state league medium to tall forward.

yeap people have short memories as to how good he really was in that 2017 finals series

what i am concerned about is options if membrey goes down. i think we need depth there. i also think adding to that mid 20s range should in theory help drive training standards

the way i see it (preferred/backup):
Membrey : Townsend
Bruce : Marshall
Battle : McCartin (yeah i don't rate him)

in fact you could let Townsend, McCartin and Battle fight it out for that last spot
Depth for Membrey?

They may be around the same height but they are completely different players. Membrey holds up a key position for us, Townsend is never going to be that player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back