List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a bit to play out at WCE. Hogans preference was always Freo. his management have been trying to orchestrate the OUT: neale IN: hogan thing for years now.

personally if i'm WCE i'd prioritise it like this:
Kelly
Lobb
Hogan

Hogan just doesn't stay on the park. WCE were able to win without Kennedy. i wouldn't be surprised at all if they go for a state league medium to tall forward.
Wat.

Did Neale bang his missus or something?

Seems really strange that any player manager would trade out the second best midfielder of the team they're trading their client into.

Also WC were able to win without Kennedy?? They won by 5 points and he kicked 3 goals?

This ranges from conspiracy theorist to blatant misinformation ahaahaha.

the Caddy analogy here is absolutely bang on for the townsend option. good point mate!

How is the analogy bang on? One had played 95 games in 6 years, the other has played 47 games in 7 years. Caddy played close to every game in his last 5 years. Townsend hasn't even played half a season in 7 years.

Also agree, would love to name another assistant coach this week in either Mitchell or Harv's.
That would get all potential suitable players to notice us then. A very good coaching panel and coin.

Have no idea if he wants to return to Victoria but we should be going absolutely gangbusters for Mitchell

Guy seems to be a born winner as Premierships seem to follow him wherever he goes

Was a Saints supporter growing up as well - not that it really has any relevance but we could play on it

Have no idea if he wants to return to Victoria but we should be going absolutely gangbusters for Mitchell

Guy seems to be a born winner as Premierships seem to follow him wherever he goes

Was a Saints supporter growing up as well - not that it really has any relevance but we could play on it

Id be 99% sure he is coaching Box Hill next year.

Sheed was a better kick and had an engine but yes he was a little slow like dunstan.

I definitely think playing a young guy in a pivotal role straight off the bat is a huge ask. Dunstan may have benefited from some time at sandy but he still doesn’t have a tank and that really hurts him. If he could run out a game with a higher percentage of game time he’d get 30 touches a week and we wouldn’t be trading him imo.
What evidence do you have to support this?
I have pressed another poster about this very issue with no satisfactory response.

The ideal haul now for me would be Tyson, young high draft pick from GWS or GC, Kent, Marcus Adams, Hannerbery and Rankine. I think that improves our depth supremely and gives us a better list than we had in 2017 with the additions of Robbo and Bruce coming back. Hopefully with better assistants and a new game plan we improve dramatically and then I think we are in a great position to get someone next year.

Not only that we need to hope Acres, Billings and Gresh take the step next year.

How is the analogy bang on? One had played 95 games in 6 years, the other has played 47 games in 7 years. Caddy played close to every game in his last 5 years. Townsend hasn't even played half a season in 7 years.
Happen to agree with this sentiment and thoughts on Townsend! which is happening far too often of late Plugger! I'm scared...;)

But have to point out in what universe does half a season constitute 47 games?

Wat.

Did Neale bang his missus or something?

Seems really strange that any player manager would trade out the second best midfielder of the team they're trading their client into.

Also WC were able to win without Kennedy?? They won by 5 points and he kicked 3 goals?

This ranges from conspiracy theorist to blatant misinformation ahaahaha.

its true. it was on the cards the last time neale was out of contract. you can take that one to the bank. its maximising the value of both clients.

look at the games where kennedy missed this year but ryan played. tell me what the win/loss was.

fair point RE: games played

but the sentiment was the same. geelong supporters were happy to part with him whilst richmond supporters couldnt understand why they wanted a spud like caddy. caddy plays a very similar role to townsend, marking defencive fwd.

Happen to agree with this sentiment and thoughts on Townsend! which is happening far too often of late Plugger! I'm scared...;)

But have to point out in what universe does half a season constitute 47 games?

I failed English in prep so you can’t expect to know how to write now. He never played more than half a season in any of those 7 seasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair point RE: games played

but the sentiment was the same. geelong supporters were happy to part with him whilst richmond supporters couldnt understand why they wanted a spud like caddy. caddy plays a very similar role to townsend, marking defencive fwd.

Not that similar. One had played mainly afl footy the other mainly neafl and vfl. Caddy was a pretty good player at Geelong. Townsend has never been a good player but he did have a good 4 games in a row

If as reported we will miss out on Shiel it's disappointing, but also not the end of the world. Still think he'd be perfect for us but in the end you can't force players to move to your club, and he mustn't see the potential for improvement.

Did he meet the club? Did the club sell itself to him? If he goes to the Hawks for 500k a less per year then that is a massive difference.

If as reported we will miss out on Shiel it's disappointing, but also not the end of the world. Still think he'd be perfect for us but in the end you can't force players to move to your club, and he mustn't see the potential for improvement.

Maybe we can take the Shiel contract, tack a little bit on it and offer it to Josh Kelly either now or midway through next year.

The ideal haul now for me would be Tyson, young high draft pick from GWS or GC, Kent, Marcus Adams, Hannerbery and Rankine. I think that improves our depth supremely and gives us a better list than we had in 2017 with the additions of Robbo and Bruce coming back. Hopefully with better assistants and a new game plan we improve dramatically and then I think we are in a great position to get someone next year.

Not only that we need to hope Acres, Billings and Gresh take the step next year.

1. People forget that Bruce was on the cusp of being dropped when he broke his leg. We need him back AND in 2015 form

2. Weve been needing to hope Acres and Billings take the next step for 3 seasons running now.

Maybe we can take the Shiel contract, tack a little bit on it and offer it to Josh Kelly either now or midway through next year.
It just doesn't seem to be that easy. Shiel is from around our area so he is one we probably had a better shot at.

Having said that, every year now there seem to be a few top quality players on the move. If we can improve on-field I'm sure one will want to come our way.

What evidence do you have to support this?
I have pressed another poster about this very issue with no satisfactory response.
Came into his draft year off a minor hip operation, as you know he was good for us early and then did his shoulder.

I figured early that injuries had just stopped him putting in the work and I remember reading about him needing to improve his fitness and 2km time.

The fact that his percentage of game time isn’t that high and I’ve never seen him mentioned in the leading preseason times is all I have to go on. Five years in and he hasn’t managed to make that jump from around 20 possessions.

Maybe our track watchers could give you more of an idea as to where he rates, to me he looks like he’s running on sand late in games.

Sandy seems to have that effect on people
Why would anyone play for sandy, they get dumped for St Kilda listed players and are paid very little.

I guess if you want regular VFA football then you go to a stand alone side or you play local football with your mates and earn very good coin training twice a week.

Doing away with the development league must make it hard for these guys as well, instead of staying in the system it’s back to your nominated local club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back