List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is enough noise to suggest that Sheil won’t be coming our way and I was told by a GWS employee that he won’t be coming our way (didn’t give too much away other than that).

SL and Gallagher have been aggressive so far so reckon we will be able to add another best 22 player by the end of the trade period while keeping our 2018 and 2019 first rounders.

The fact that Geary has been top 5 in the bnf for the last three years shows he can obviously play. Not a star but he's easily in our best 10 players. If we were to improve as a team we'd recognise how good he is... as it is his errors stand out because the supporters are frustrated. Look at Gilbo in 09 compared to last year. His kicking didn't get worse as his career went on but supporters noticed it more.
Geary will do 10 good things but people will only notice his one or two mistakes.

You bloody sad sacks... just write off this year already.

If we solve our goalkicking problem, get healthy and get another class mid, we'll be challenging again for the top 8.
An interesting stat I saw was that the pies and eagles both had a starting 6 forward setup who kicked 20 goals (at over a goal per game). Saints only had two hit those targets (membrey and Gresh).

If we can add a fit bruce and paddy, Kent (has hit those before) and newnes (hit the numbers when a forward). It will change our output considerably to have multiple consistent options.

Kent an underrated signing for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** thats crazy. Hes one of their only quality young prospects. I'd be offering him a big contract to get him over if that's the case.

Absolutely if Burton is available I’d consider splitting pick 4 & flicking the lower one to Hawthorn to on trade to GWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're completely proving the point. Some shitty nothing kick he did somehow proves he can't play. Meanwhile he carries us in multiple games last year.
I didn’t say he can’t play. Just won’t win a flag with him in the team.

Geary has been badly misused for most of his career imo he would be an elite run with stopper.

The guy is our best aerobic athlete and hard as a cats head, clearly he has the respect of his teammates. It makes me laugh when people want to make Hannebery or whoever’s flavour of the month captain, the air went out of this team when they sledged Murphy and the club threw them under the bus.

The saints are too busy trying to please everyone else, it feels like there’s a change in the air with lethlean which imo is a good thing.

There is enough noise to suggest that Sheil won’t be coming our way and I was told by a GWS employee that he won’t be coming our way (didn’t give too much away other than that).

SL and Gallagher have been aggressive so far so reckon we will be able to add another best 22 player by the end of the trade period while keeping our 2018 and 2019 first rounders.

As a saints fan I appreciate a healthy negativity and being prepared for the let down but by the state of the media I don't think anyone really knows who he will nominate yet. I suspect we will find out soon though so we can all move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back