List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify I it would be Neale to Brisbane kelly plus change to freo for that pick which gets jack to Geelong.

I know he wasn’t happy at his review and I know Geelong will come again. Plus his managers comments don’t sit right with me. The fact he spoke to Geelong means there is a possibility.
Only issue is Tim Kelly is going to West Coast and is not keen on going to Freo. Straight from his managers mouth.

I think the best Geelong could offer would be pick 11 and some pocket change.

For it to be worth it they'd have to throw a decent youngster in the deal.

You can't rebuild successfully if you keep trading out your A grade players.

Want an example look at WCE. Everyone said they were going to be at the bottom of the ladder. They traded their first rounder to get more 2nd rounders so they could bring in talent ASAP. Their eyes were on Kelly and Ryan. They got Ryan. If they were rebuilding they would have taken that pick to the draft this year.

I think we need to hold onto the proven talent we have. Be smarter with trading out the talent that has currency based on potential we think won't ever be realised. Bring in more kids and the right senior players to support them.

Look for sustained success. Do not accept being down the bottom of the ladder to collect picks.

He will go to who can satisfy Geelong. Their statement said as much
If I'm his manager I keep him at Geelong for 12 months than go to Freo and be locked into that club for 3 years.

I don't believe for a second they will entertain sending him there.

Also and again we keep forgetting this important bit....

St Kilda have also not ruled out making a play for Port Adelaide's Chad Wingard if the contracted forward decides he wants to continue his career in Victoria although the level of their interest would depend on Shiel's decision.

If I'm his manager I keep him at Geelong for 12 months than go to Freo and be locked into that club for 3 years.

I don't believe for a second they will entertain sending him there.
Again west coast will play finals in 2019. Is that enough to satisfy Geelong if he gets even better this year. Sometimes coming home means taking option 2. Think Gehrig

I’m on the fence at present... but I do believe we’ve fallen behind the other clubs in similar stages of rebuilding & have two options in front of us;

Keep on the path we’re on & hope 2018 was an aberration. Add mid age talent & hope our early picks for the next few season become something special

Or

Bite the bullet, trade Stuv & hit this draft in a mini reset of the rebuild. Build around the 2012-2015 draftees and the emerging boys behind them (Long, Battle, Clark, Coffield... and potentially a Max King & Bailey Smith).

I’m leaning towards the latter at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Option 2 all day long. We have enough body of evidence (not just 2018), to know that Richo and co have butchered this rebuild. The end of 2017 was very alarming, dev of kids is very alarming, game plan is very alarming. Mini-rebuild is on the cards. Post Richo, we might just have a chance.

Lions are a massive chance to play in September next season.

Probably on equal footing with Geelong IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine a midfield of Stef feeding it to Stuv, Beams, neale, zorko, McLuggage, Rainer etc etc

Wowoee

Ps - i know we are taking pick 5 for stuv but won't it be used on neale? Not sure they can satisfy both saints and freo to get both

Lethlean stated cateforically that Stuv is going nowhere.
Or is that just footy-speak for “if you want him it’s going to cost you plenty”?
We traded Plugger which was the end of the world at the time but competed in a GF 2 years later.

Trading a senior player at peak trade value and bringing in top end youth is not a full on rebuild imo.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again west coast will play finals in 2019. Is that enough to satisfy Geelong if he gets even better this year. Sometimes coming home means taking option 2. Think Gehrig
West Coast will get the deal done. Rarely is anyone traded to a club they don't want to go to.

Let's remember they don't only have to trade picks. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Geelong went after Jarod Brander who was taken at pick 13 last year.

West Coast will get the deal done. Rarely is anyone traded to a club they don't want to go to.

Let's remember they don't only have to trade picks. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Geelong went after Jarod Brander who was taken at pick 13 last year.
Ah yes forgot about Brander

Imagine a midfield of Stef feeding it to Stuv, Beams, neale, zorko, McLuggage, Rainer etc etc

Wowoee

Ps - i know we are taking pick 5 for stuv but won't it be used on neale? Not sure they can satisfy both saints and freo to get both
No the theory is that that pick for Neale will be on traded for Kelly to Geelong who will on trade it to us for Steven.

First of all Freo would be mad to trade a top 5 pick for Kelly and secondly he only wants to go to West Coast.

Trade our 4 time TBM winner, top 8 placed Brownlow vote winner this year and heart & soul of the team for pick 5?

Take a moment to think about what losing all our quality senior players has already done to the side in the lack of leadership and driving standards.

As a club we need to stand for something. We need Stuv more than ever right now.

Massive NO from me.

he won't 100% won't go to freo. Fremantle won't have the picks to entertain the trade either. they also know they don't have a chance at him.

fremantle right now have an utterly atrocious record at managing indigenous talent. do you want to send your player there?

Option 2 all day long. We have enough body of evidence (not just 2018), to know that Richo and co have butchered this rebuild. The end of 2017 was very alarming, dev of kids is very alarming, game plan is very alarming. Mini-rebuild is on the cards. Post Richo, we might just have a chance.
Sometimes you have to be bold. We won't play finals next year unless we get another A grader viz Gaff Shiel. If we do not get one of them and Stuv is happy to be traded then pull the trigger.

He probably wants Geelong so the ball is in the cats court. Has to be a pick inside 10 otherwise GGF.

Cats have pick 11 is that enough plus 47 and 54 which do not interest me.

Moving on Kelly who wants to go home may see a pick in the early 20s from WCE add that as well gets you thinking.

4 11 22 in a strong draft.....makes you start thinking about a trade for Stuv.
Equal to pick 3

Or am I just being mad....

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back