List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw is there still like, aaaaany chance we can pick up Freeman in the rookie draft for a second chance? I just really want that bloke to succeed tbh
Been there done that mate , he would be no chance to be picked up by anyone i wouldn't think imo

I’m on the fence at present... but I do believe we’ve fallen behind the other clubs in similar stages of rebuilding & have two options in front of us;

Keep on the path we’re on & hope 2018 was an aberration. Add mid age talent & hope our early picks for the next few season become something special

Or

Bite the bullet, trade Stuv & hit this draft in a mini reset of the rebuild. Build around the 2012-2015 draftees and the emerging boys behind them (Long, Battle, Clark, Coffield... and potentially a Max King & Bailey Smith).

I’m leaning towards the latter at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tend to agree. I think two players in the top 5 in this draft is just too good to refuse.

Yes. But only if Jack Steven deep in his soul really did want to leave.
Steven has always come across as a fun loving bloke who loves his footy club and all his team mates.

If Jack really wants to leave our footy club then I would be far too concerned about what says about things at Moorabbin to even worry about what we may receive in return.

Pains me to say it but I think Steven might want to leave

Yes, he may, but he may not want Brisbane if he definitely wants to play finals, which appears to be the case.

Serious question.

If you got the Lions pick 5(6) for Steven plus change would you do it?

I'm torn and leaning towards no, but could be swayed.

Top 6 in the brownlow, our only A grader, heart and soul type player. BUT if he wants out now is the time.

Gettings hanners in would help cover that loss in what on field leadership Stuv brings i suppose

We are throwing more than we should at Shiel because we need to spend the money. Remove our highest paid player and what do we do with the millions we can't give away... Plus not to mention how much less attractive we look once we trade away our best player. No thanks unless it's literally a swap for a better elite mid with steak knives either way.

That would be classic stkilda.

Chasing perpetual potential.

Maybe we could get insanely lucky and get a 3 time bnf champion who shows no slowing down in the foreseeable future with that pick?

Wouldn't that be awesome??!!
4 time.

Maybe Jack sees time up. 29 next year.

We are thinking Hanners might not see finals and he is only 27.

Nobody here is saying get rid of him, just throw in up for what is big picture best.
Big picture is a flag.
Will Jack be around at the next tilt?

May be better for him and we may get some juicy overs.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we are seriously taking a key forward with our first pick then it makes sense to trade Steven as we are essentially conceding that we will not be contending for another 5 years.

I'm torn and leaning towards no, but could be swayed.

Top 6 in the brownlow, our only A grader, heart and soul type player. BUT if he wants out now is the time.

Gettings hanners in would help cover that loss in what on field leadership Stuv brings i suppose
I'd do it for 5/6 and their 2nd or 3rd rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly really isn't keen on Freo.
Just to clarify I it would be Neale to Brisbane kelly plus change to freo for that pick which gets jack to Geelong.

I know he wasn’t happy at his review and I know Geelong will come again. Plus his managers comments don’t sit right with me. The fact he spoke to Geelong means there is a possibility.

Lethlean stated cateforically that Stuv is going nowhere.
Or is that just footy-speak for “if you want him it’s going to cost you plenty”?

Or keep stuv and do the 2nd part anyway. We can't keep wiping the slate clean and starting again.

I got ridiculed last season for suggesting we should be on rebuild 2. Not so much a start again type rebuild but more a reset.
I’m on the fence at present... but I do believe we’ve fallen behind the other clubs in similar stages of rebuilding & have two options in front of us;

Keep on the path we’re on & hope 2018 was an aberration. Add mid age talent & hope our early picks for the next few season become something special

Or

Bite the bullet, trade Stuv & hit this draft in a mini reset of the rebuild. Build around the 2012-2015 draftees and the emerging boys behind them (Long, Battle, Clark, Coffield... and potentially a Max King & Bailey Smith).

I’m leaning towards the latter at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelly really isn't keen on Freo.

I still find that strange that after one year in the system he is able to request where he wants to go.
If he has to go home, surely he shouldn’t have a choice as to which team?

Personally, I am happy to take some short term pain next year. I would be happy with:

-Trade Steven (it hurts, but if we could get a top 10 pick you have to do it);
-Ignore Shiel;
-Take pick 4 to the draft;
-See what you can get for Newnes or Dunstan.

The above will almost guarantee a bottom 2-3 finish, which will be the end of Richo and Finnis. I don't think the club can move forward until this occurs.

Take 2019 (pick 1 possibly) to the draft also, throw stupid money at Robbie Gray if still a free agent. Unlikely to get him, but we could legit throw 1.5m a year at him easy. Also, we will be in a better position to sell hope once Richo has moved on and we have added a few more gun kids.

We are going to be hot garbage for at least another 2 years. It sucks, but the best thing for us is another mini rebuild. The worst thing that could happen is if we manage to scrap together another 8-9 win season and the current administration has false hope to sell and they keep their jobs.

Next year is going to get pretty ugly I reckon. Watching a banged up Hanners and Armo lead our midfield with a coach we all know is going to be sacked at the end of the year is going to result in some horrendous beat downs. Hopefully we have something to cheer in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back