List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember a couple years ago, Steven was out of contract & being courted by Geelong. This board was 50/50 at the time about letting him go for a compo pick to help speed up the rebuild.

Right now we are staring down the barrel of another rebuild. Does 29yo, bomb it long Jack have a place in that rebuild?

He isn’t a natural leader.
He isn’t supremely skilled.
He does win the contested footy.
He is still our quickest stoppage mid.

If we can get a top 5 pick or a couple of picks in the teens & a handy player, maybe with some change going the other way, then I think I would pull that trigger.
it would only have to be for complete overs because you have to offset the marketing heart and soul element in addition..

Would be our best mid by a country mile.
Anybody bagging Sheil has very little idea.

If like the original said, we bagged Sheil, Rankine and Hannebery, for the loss of Stevens and a second, can anybody honestly say our midfield would not be much better than now?

If you believe it wouldn't be, well really not much I could say.

In saying that don't reckon we get Sheil.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Id take shiel on the age reset alone. Buys us more time

Remember a couple years ago, Steven was out of contract & being courted by Geelong. This board was 50/50 at the time about letting him go for a compo pick to help speed up the rebuild.

Right now we are staring down the barrel of another rebuild. Does 29yo, bomb it long Jack have a place in that rebuild?

If we can get a top 5 pick or a couple of picks in the teens & a handy player, maybe with some change going the other way, then I think I would pull that trigger.
the thing is we don't have any outstanding older players only Steven
Armitage is on his last legs
Brown should be phased out next year
Geary / well what can i say

and remember we want to make our team stronger - why don't we get Dangerfield he is 29 next year as well

getting rid of Steven would really instill loyalty in Gresham and Billings

Steven would be a bizarre choice for Geelong imo. Brian Cook on SEN the other day kept it pretty tight, but I think it was clear they realise that their recruiting strategy needs to be looked at. Stuv would do nothing at all for their list profile, and given they already have Clangerfield, another mid who is a champ but has iffy disposal really doesn't seem like the medicine they need.

Richo pretty emphatic on 360 that Steven going nowhere.

3 and 5 for Shiel. I wouldn't do either for Shiel. Jesus christ the over rating of Shiel on here is sickening. I swear half of you have never seen him play. Yes he is a good footballer. But for the 100th time. Not a top 20 mid.
I swear everyone sees the tanned skin and muscles and is deluded into thinking he is some kind of god.

Pretty sure the Benny comment you quoted meant we trade one of 3 or 5 for Shiel, not both of them. A slash normally indicates “or” :p

I don’t want to move Stuv on though. He’s one of those rare players that drags your team over the line. Watch our 2016 win over Geelong for a great example.

3 and 5 for Shiel. I wouldn't do either for Shiel. Jesus christ the over rating of Shiel on here is sickening. I swear half of you have never seen him play. Yes he is a good footballer. But for the 100th time. Not a top 20 mid.
I swear everyone sees the tanned skin and muscles and is deluded into thinking he is some kind of god.

Dylan Shiel – Hawthorn are believed to be the most likely destination if Shiel does request a trade home at the end of the season, with Essendon and Carlton also reportedly pursuing his signature.

Shiel is believed to have made his mind up to come home as a free agent at the end of 2019, but could make the move even earlier as the Giants look to ease salary cap pressure. Contracted until the end of 2019.

looks like the hawks and Bombers like tanned skin and muscles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

of course but since Lethlean said he is open to split our first
Open to and doing are two separate things , the deal would have to be so far our way to split or trade our first pick away , maybe a bit less guessing and some facts would be better :thumbsu:

Like getting rid of Plugger made Harvs, Burke and Buckets leave?

Loyalty is dead. When the contractual and situational position suits both club and player then it is marketed loyalty. If these conditions
are not met then players and clubs part ways.
Supporters should drop nostalgia and live in the present moment which is a commercial situation for all involved except supporters

Would be our best mid by a country mile.
Anybody bagging Sheil has very little idea.

If like the original said, we bagged Sheil, Rankine and Hannebery, for the loss of Stevens and a second, can anybody honestly say our midfield would not be much better than now?

If you believe it wouldn't be, well really not much I could say.

In saying that don't reckon we get Sheil.

Nice try but that’s not how it works.

For arguments sake let’s assume GWS take whatever picks we get for Steven then it becomes a straight sheil v Steven, under both scenarios we’re getting rankine and Hannebery.

So can you honestly say our midfield would be better with Shiel rather than Steven?.

I’m keeping Steven and we won’t get sheil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back