List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard to imagine either Richo or Scott being more emphatic that Stuv won't be going anywhere. Both shot down the idea in flames.

Those who melted at the idea can probably unmelt.
Unmelting as we speak!....:shower: :sweat:

Now i'm cold and lonely......:snowman: :(

I doubt saints would have anything to worry about with Stevens, contracted player and Geelong wouldnt offer a 1st round or Duncan given Stevens age, we can say its a smoke screen for something else.
Stevens has retired.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sammy and Lenny were our last 2 spiritual leaders. Absolute void since then.

I might include Jason Blake and To a lesser extent Sam Gilbert in that group ....... ok you can stop laughing now .

Go Saints

As usual at this time of year , the media will continue to throw up names that they think clubs would want even if the clubs themselves say no we don’t . After all the media aren’t after the facts but are just trying to sell newspapers or advertising slots on their tv shows.
For example , after the Cats loss to Melbourne , Lloyd says there are 10 players the Cats should delist or trade . The cats are never going to get rid of that many players in one hit so he is being unrealistic. Essendon didn’t make he finals but I bet he isn’t saying they should get rid of half that amount .

Go Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tell you what...

If freo got pick 5 for neale, fwd it to geel for Kelly, fwd to us for stuv... I'm listening.

All of a sudden picks 3 and 5 becomes super enticing, do we do 3/5 for Shiel and take Rankine?

Out- Stuv
In- Shiel/Rankine

Who says no..
3 and 5 for Shiel. I wouldn't do either for Shiel. Jesus christ the over rating of Shiel on here is sickening. I swear half of you have never seen him play. Yes he is a good footballer. But for the 100th time. Not a top 20 mid.
I swear everyone sees the tanned skin and muscles and is deluded into thinking he is some kind of god.

3 and 5 for Shiel. I wouldn't do either for Shiel. Jesus christ the over rating of Shiel on here is sickening. I swear half of you have never seen him play. Yes he is a good footballer. But for the 100th time. Not a top 20 mid.
I swear everyone sees the tanned skin and muscles and is deluded into thinking he is some kind of god.

Would be our best mid by a country mile.
Anybody bagging Sheil has very little idea.

If like the original said, we bagged Sheil, Rankine and Hannebery, for the loss of Stevens and a second, can anybody honestly say our midfield would not be much better than now?

If you believe it wouldn't be, well really not much I could say.

In saying that don't reckon we get Sheil.

Don't we need to??

I'm for trading him if it jags us a top 10 pick btw.. "spiritual leader" gets thrown around alot but lets me honest about it. He isn't even in our leadership group is he?
No, I think he is in the leadership group, think he joined fairly reluctantly though from memory. He wasn't voted in but the leadership team and coaching staff pushed Stuv to join.

But you're right, regardless if he stays or goes, we are rebuilding. If it gets us a top 10-15 pick it's a no-brainer. We take it and we run for the hills.

He's 29 next year and his speed and dash will decline over the next couple of years, and won't be there in our next premiership push.
I've also never really been impressed with the shape he has been in basically his whole career.

This forum is overestimating his value, just because he has won 3 BnFs at the saints over the last 5 years, it really doesn't mean much

Remember a couple years ago, Steven was out of contract & being courted by Geelong. This board was 50/50 at the time about letting him go for a compo pick to help speed up the rebuild.

Right now we are staring down the barrel of another rebuild. Does 29yo, bomb it long Jack have a place in that rebuild?

He isn’t a natural leader.
He isn’t supremely skilled.
He does win the contested footy.
He is still our quickest stoppage mid.

If we can get a top 5 pick or a couple of picks in the teens & a handy player, maybe with some change going the other way, then I think I would pull that trigger.

If like the original said, we bagged Sheil, Rankine and Hannebery, for the loss of Stevens and a second, can anybody honestly say our midfield would not be much better than now?

Shiel or Coniglio would and a 2nd back i would hope - we need one of these types unless we got Gaff as a free agent which i doubt - but getting a Shiel and a Gaff would improve us big time

would take Shiel anyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back