List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Skrobs isn’t new though. He’s been at the club for a few years as part time ruck coach
And neither is the kid. He put in a block of training with us this year. If Skrobs has been tasked with the job of developing our ruck stocks and he 'personally' identifies talent that he wants to bring in, albeit on a Cat-B status, then you would have to think he has chosen a horse that he is backing to make himself look good.

True story...

When i first started dating the mrs it's fair to say i raised a few eyebrows coz she is hot af and I'm, well, not.

Anyhoo, my boss offered us a lift home one friday night after work. He hadn't met her before. Halfway home he says "ok, i gotta ask. What the hell do you see in keg??"

Without a pause she answers "they dont call him tripod for nothing!" :D

I thought to myself I've landed a ripper here. Especially considering nobody ever has, or is likely ever will, call me tripod!
Same thing happened to me boss criticized me and said you would be better of with him.

She said three reasons he's taller than you better looking than you and best of all he is hung like a rogue elephant.

Married her the next day

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think GC will trade with Port for pick 3. However if GC wanted the King twins trading with Adelaide would be smart business. Give the crows 3, get back 8, 13 and 16.

2 GC m King
3 ade luk
4 stk rank
5 Port Rozee
6 GC b King

Yeah definitely possible, but if GC decided they want the kings I don't think they'd take any chances on potentially missing b king.

Their interest in taking the twins would be (in part) based on them being less likely to leave in the future if they are both there.

GC aren't like us- they have had truckloads of high draft picks in recent years.
they need to choose more wisely- not get more choices.
They would happily pass up 13 and 16 to guarantee they got their targets I think.

Sounds like a rich club's luxury to me. Despite the potential payoff, it wasn't a risk we could feasibly take.
But he didn't want to come to us.
Neither did Shiel
Neither did Kelly

Carlton in same boat.....this generation of players generally want to be on board a winning side and not do the hard yards and put loyalty well behind potential success.

We threw so much money at these guys but what's a $$ when you are in your 20s you reckon the rest of your life will be like that.....ahhh wrong but you only find that out when you get to 40.

We need to breed our own culture starting with management senior players and coaches and it goes from there.

We are doing well and have made some serious changes to a pretty mediocre support group. Now getting the players to play and get the onfield performances is the next part of the puzzle

Go Saints

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

What if they choose both King brothers first to replace Lynch and May.
I'd like them to, but if they've got any sense they'll trade 2 and 3 down to both Adelaide clubs for 5, 8, 13, 15. This would give them 5, 6, 8, 13, 15, plus 24, 29 & 80.

Then they grab our 4 in exchange for 5 and 13, pick MKing at 4, BKing at 8 and leave one SA star each for Power and the Crows. They still have 6 and 15 for another couple of guns, and two more picks in the second round, plus a Hail Mary at 80. That's 7 new draftees including the Twin Sun Kings and two other first rounders!

Would we still draft Rozee at 5 in that scenario, or go for Smith?

I'd like them to, but if they've got any sense they'll trade 2 and 3 down to both Adelaide clubs for 5, 8, 13, 15. This would give them 5, 6, 8, 13, 15, plus 24, 29 & 80.

Then they grab our 4 in exchange for 5 and 13, pick MKing at 4, BKing at 8 and leave one SA star each for Power and the Crows. They still have 6 and 15 for another couple of guns, and two more picks in the second round, plus a Hail Mary at 80. That's 7 new draftees including the Twin Sun Kings and two other first rounders!

Shhhh. Don't like

PS. Get in our recruiting dept!

That'd be a smart way to go for them

Basically no point trading 4 until draft night. Watch how the first three picks go, if Lukosious is still on the board we give the Crows and Port one minute each to give us their best offers. If we like what we hear we take it, if not that's equally fine.

Yeah definitely possible, but if GC decided they want the kings I don't think they'd take any chances on potentially missing b king.

Their interest in taking the twins would be (in part) based on them being less likely to leave in the future if they are both there.

GC aren't like us- they have had truckloads of high draft picks in recent years.
they need to choose more wisely- not get more choices.
They would happily pass up 13 and 16 to guarantee they got their targets I think.
Yep.
If the issue is retention, and the Kings offer GC their bookend reset, you don’t risk losing this existential rebuild just to go all Dodoro on some pick(s).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but Shifter Sheehan was on SEN earlier tonight talking about the top end of the draft.

He stated that Max King would have been in all likelihood the clear #1 pick if not for his injury.

He was apparently doing a few weeks of pre season at Melbourne & just jumped on their key defenders heads... Gawn was like ‘who the hell is that kid?’

204cm now... bloody hell I hope we can get hold of 5 & 10 so we can take Max & a mid (Caldwell/RCD).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think GC will trade with Port for pick 3. However if GC wanted the King twins trading with Adelaide would be smart business. Give the crows 3, get back 8, 13 and 16.

2 GC m King
3 ade luk
4 stk rank
5 Port Rozee
6 GC b King
Gold coast have to take the best players available - top 4 by all accounts are Walsh , LJ , Rankine and M.King -
If they don't they will be committing the same mistakes they have done in the past.

If we are to keep pick 4 we get who ever is not taken of those 4 and I don't care who it is

and if we trade down we must get pick 6 allowing us to at least get Smith if he is there

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but Shifter Sheehan was on SEN earlier tonight talking about the top end of the draft.

He stated that Max King would have been in all likelihood the clear #1 pick if not for his injury.

He was apparently doing a few weeks of pre season at Melbourne & just jumped on their key defenders heads... Gawn was like ‘who the hell is that kid?’

204cm now... bloody hell I hope we can get hold of 5 & 10 so we can take Max & a mid (Caldwell/RCD).

Want him now

This one post just convinced the whole board to take him

yeah **** it, go big Maxy. Saints supporter, wants to get drafted to us, lets make his dream come true and hopefully he makes ours come true when he kicks 10 in a grannie
And along with our 211cm basketball recruit announced today, the twin towers will rise again :)

PS: better leave the roof open :eek:

rrk2fd.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back