List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I see it more like Port last year. They have gone for quantity before quality.
Polec and Hall are quality. Tyson and Pittard can both play a role. But yeah will be interesting to see how they go.

St Kilda List Changes So Far:
(Should this be its own thread??)

Out:
Gilbert, Stevens, Freeman, Goddard, Wright, Minchington, Connellan (Cat B rookie), Hickey

In:
Hannebery, Kent

Hence we need to bring in 5 senior players.

Current Draft Picks:
4, 28, 67, 79

I assume Marshall will be put on the senior list.

Last edited:
So our last pick will be Pick 79.

Could we upgrade Pick 79 with a trade to Goldcoast or something

EDIT: scrap that GC just traded pick 59.

Last edited:
Polec and Hall are quality. Tyson and Pittard can both play a role. But yeah will be interesting to see how they go.
Hall has been dropped to the NEAFL multiple times by multiple coaches and is 28. He has had flashes of brilliance but is an average footballer.

Polec is quality but I dont see their 'ins' improving them much next year.

It would be very funny if Port have traded up and burnt assists only for Gold Coast to gazump them by taking all 3 players they wanted.
Haha yeah this has all the making of a good drama, what are the Adelaide clubs going to offer on draft night.

So we have 3 first borns, two souls, a house at Glenelg, some picks and an extra home game.

On 400 thousand as well, here kid have some money.
I think the most important thing is competitiveness (not hardness, not strong in the contest), but the drive, dedication and win at all costs, losing sucks. Not sure that there’s evidence that it’s there in bucketfuls with him, but just an uneducated view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a delay in the Shiel trade or is it standard Dodo practice?

Apparently GWS are telling Essendon they want their pick 9 and future 1st 2019 DP.

Essendon are only offering pick 9 and their future 3rd RDP (according to Trade Radio yesterday). Dodoro fiddling around.

While all this happens Scully and Patton are being offered for peanuts and Lobb is likely to get to Freo. A total of about $2m in salary ($500k + 800k + 700k).

Essendon need to get the deal done quickly. GWS may just pull the pin.

I think we still need a fit Bruce he can play forward and can play back if Brown goes down if we want Paddy up front. I hope we give Paddy a trail down back in 2019.
The day Paddy plays down back they will have the Benny Hill music playing in the back ground just to complete the comedy skit

They need some mature guys who are best 18, you don’t want a bunch of kids getting smashed around and loosing every week.

I would be drafting kids who looked me in the eye and said yep pick me, they will just disappear if they fail again with what is essentially a restart. Nothing more predictable than two years of being smashed and the SA kids saying get me out of here.

Now you bring in some mature bodies and win some games and maybe just maybe you keep them and your club alive.
sure bring in mature bodies but you dont go get guys on the fringe of the team finishing in the bottom four to help the cause... the belief we can just dump our "junk" on them and expect them to happily part with a top 5 draft pick for them is very similar to the Carlton bully ways of the 80's where they would dump their junk on us to strengthen their side .. for gold coast i reckon they need to bring in high quality kids and work as hard as they can on developing a a bond amongst those boys ... think back to the GT era the kids we brought in Roo Kosi Dal Joey Goose Clarke Ball BJ... these guys grew up together with GT being a father figure building a brotherhood of sort , these boys got other offers but the bond of staying together was damn strong and we kept them together for nearly all of their careers.. the problem with Gold Coast is un like our build in the early 2000's they have no leadership they got in GAJ who was the best player in the comp but he couldnt lead he could play exceptionally well but he didnt have that persona to have the boys willing to follow him, from reports GAJ actualy drove a wedge through the team more than anything else by having the "god squad" boys and the rest sorta mocking or not relating to that type of thing ... Gold Coast then cut the only glue to somewhat keep the team together by falling for the con that is Rodney Eade he brings another layer of division in the club with his made kent approach to coaching and leadership .. once that rot sets in thats it you are stuffed , the exodus of players gets worse and worse and now you are stuck with the situation you have now .. i feel for Gold coast because they were part of the expansion no one really embraced the media and footy "experts" are gunning for them to kick them while they are down...

if i was in charge of Gold Coast i would back Dew in as coach , i would put together a team of the best kids in the land, i would spend money on a Roughhead from Hawthorn, throw money at Bob Murphy to come in as a development coach/leadership coach. make the footy enjoyable for the players copy some things from the GT playbook in regards to team camps to places focusing on the team and the growth of the players as people and build a culture of the club that way ... i dont think buying mercenary’s and GOPs from underperfoming teams will build any kind of culture that will lead to any type of success

Apparently GWS are telling Essendon they want their pick 9 and future 1st 2019 DP.

Essendon are only offering pick 9 and their future 3rd RDP (according to Trade Radio yesterday). Dodoro fiddling around.

While all this happens Scully and Patton are being offered for peanuts and Lobb is likely to get to Freo. A total of about $2m in salary ($500k + 800k + 700k).

Essendon need to get the deal done quickly. GWS may just pull the pin.
Nah.. Dildo smart. He knows GWS need to get him off the books just to hit the cap next year.

He'll get what he wants.. They've had the upper hand the moment Shiel nominated them.

He'll also wait until the last couple of hours to state its this or they walk away, not leaving any room for an outbid.

Nah.. Dildo smart. He knows GWS need to get him off the books just to hit the cap next year.

He'll get what he wants.. They've had the upper hand the moment Shiel nominated them.

He'll also wait until the last couple of hours to state its this or they walk away, not leaving any room for an outbid.

I'll get done for 9 and a future 2nd which is not a bad get for methendon. Both sides posturing

I think the most important thing is competitiveness (not hardness, not strong in the contest), but the drive, dedication and win at all costs, losing sucks. Not sure that there’s evidence that it’s there in bucketfuls with him, but just an uneducated view.
So many people come down really hard on these kids, suck it up, their on great money etc.

Life just doesn’t work like that, some young guys have old heads and can’t wait others are very family oriented. They want to play and the AFL have them over a barrel so it’s the draft or give up on your dream.

I’m not sure if the kid makes it or not, based on what gromma posted he has some good attributes maybe being home will kick start his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back