List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

This may have already been mentioned at some stage in the last few weeks but I can’t be bothered going back to check; Dan Hannebery checked into a rehab clinic in qld after the trade period ended, not sure how long he stayed for but it was to treat an alcohol addiction. The club helped organise it with his manger and his family also involved.
During the trade period Lethean mentioned that Hanners was going to a yoga retreat in nsw or something like that, he may have done both or that might have been a smoke screen.

was this confirmed?

Wow - amazing news - the whole recruiting team, coaching and the board should be sacked if we've recruited someone on a five year contract knowing full well he's on the sauce and he needs to go the rehab. Shocking - could only happens at the Saints.

Then again - faced with two options perhaps you've chosen to believe the most salacious simply because that's how most folk roll. Such a thing happening to a Saints player would never never never get a mention in the MSM would it!!!

Me - I reckon a week or so of time out, yoga and some personal introspection time in some holistic resort in Byron Bay prior to commencing a new phase of a career is probably closer to the mark.

Gee - that's what the club said was happening - go figure!!!

i normally would agree however i think we are in a position where our only chance of changing the absolute disaster of a course we are on, is to take some risks

having said that, i am ok with the draft pick we use to get him, the thing you do worry about with the previously mentioned rumour is the tenure of contract, the $$$ value and the affect he will have on the younger players

but lets remember its just rumour right now

Agreed. The pinnacle of the mountain of BS. Quite probably the most sanctimonious, hypocritical, self-created and over-blown 'crisis' in recent sporting history.
Asking for a friend. What is "Elite Honesty?"
It simply doesn't make sense, as honesty Is a simple concept, which doesn't exist on a continuum. Either you're honest, or you're not. It's like that awful phrase, " to be perfectly honest with you," meaning in the past you haven't been? In future, can I believe you won't be honest unless you preface it with that phrase? Nonsense.like being pregnant at an elite level. Worst part is, some tosser probably got paid tens of thousands to come up with it.

I'm not to fussed about missing out on Murdoch as I would prefer Partington. Seriously hope the club is atleast going to have a look at him
Probably worth a punt. Won East Perths best and fairest in his second year at West Coast. Drafted just after his old man died so would have been a tough slog. May want a return home to SA though.

Last edited:
It simply doesn't make sense, as honesty Is a simple concept, which doesn't exist on a continuum. Either you're honest, or you're not. It's like that awful phrase, " to be perfectly honest with you," meaning in the past you haven't been? In future, can I believe you won't be honest unless you preface it with that phrase? Nonsense.like being pregnant at an elite level. Worst part is, some tosser probably got paid tens of thousands to come up with it.
"Well honesty is a tough one. I like to think I've got a little honesty"

"You can't have a little honesty, you either have it, or you don't"

"Well honesty is a tough one. I like to think I've got a little honesty"

"You can't have a little honesty, you either have it, or you don't"

What do you mean there are no degrees of honesty....?

Honest, honester, honestest :eek:

I mean, honestly! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club helped organise it with his manger and his family also involved.
I know we've scoffed at those who see Hannebery as the second coming, but if the club has already arranged a manger for him, there must be something in it
Yeah I think there's a lot in it, especially if you read the interview with his manager, Frank Incense....
Are you saying that there might be myrrh to the story?
2cy1i4l.jpg

was this confirmed?

Although my poor spelling may have led you to believe there was a religious confirmation, nothing I have seen in the media has confirmed (I know first hand about a couple of other players with different addictions that have had treatment for their vice, those details didn’t make it into the media but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, there would be countless other unreported similar situations - the stories involving players private lives that make it into mainstream media are just the tip of the iceberg, anyone who believes otherwise is very naive).
I’ve heard it directly from 2 people who should know, particularly 1 who is in Hanners crew.

Although my poor spelling may have led you to believe there was a religious confirmation, nothing I have seen in the media has confirmed (I know first hand about a couple of other players with different addictions that have had treatment for their vice, those details didn’t make it into the media but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, there would be countless other unreported similar situations - the stories involving players private lives that make it into mainstream media are just the tip of the iceberg, anyone who believes otherwise is very naive).
I’ve heard it directly from 2 people who should know, particularly 1 who is in Hanners crew.
There is some naive people out there.

was this confirmed?
Yep - Its absolutely deadset - just like the secret board meeting to sack Richo and the mass exodus of players.

Yeah we're so incompetent that our due diligence on Hanners simply involved sticking a bottle of vodka in front of him and when he went to grab the bottle we said - hang on if you promise to go into rehab we'll give you a 5 year multi million $ contract.

Seriously some of the things that get legs on these forums!!!

Does remind me of one of the greatest lines ever uttered on celluloid (Chinatown) when Lt. Escobar asks Jake how he got past the guard. “Well to tell you you the truth, I lied a little”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were plenty of rumours about Hanners these last few years. I remember writing when it was first mentioned he might come that getting back near his family would be a good start in sorting himself out. It would not surprise me that he has...or has had...issues. I prefer to look positively on it and say that coming to us gives him a whole fresh start. Away from the distractions and possible loneliness of Sydney.

Family will be very important and he can wipe the slate clean and throw himself into helping the Saints. And ultimately himself. Good luck to him.

I’ve always been lucky with grog and could always take it or leave it, as opposed to anything I could inhale.
I was a handy cricketer and played to quite a high level. The last club I played for was just knock about fun though and that club drank during the game. I learned that 2 stubbies before an innings was the ideal amount. Freed up enough to play shots without fear or my judgement going off. Anything less and I was uncomfortable/distracted and any more, I was useless, swing from the ass and out.
All that changes with age though. I’m pretty sure I’d just doze off these days and they’d have to bat around me..

I never drank during games but i made a couple of 100s quite hungover. Much more aggressive and as i had a poor defence, it made me more confident to hit out and make runs until i eventually holed out. Got to triple figures in the 17th over once haha.

Whoever did it will make a fortune in the USA, where they will proceed to instigate sell "elite honesty" to large corporations who will then demand it of all of their contractors and suppliers ( probably not themselves ), who will then have to go to "elite honesty" training courses , so they can certify their organisations to ISO 666666 Elite Honesty in business. Auditors certified to Elite Honesty will then have to visit each organisation two days a year to ensure their elite honesty systems are all good.

Whoever did it will make a fortune in the USA, where they will proceed to instigate sell "elite honesty" to large corporations who will then demand it of all of their contractors and suppliers ( probably not themselves ), who will then have to go to "elite honesty" training courses , so they can certify their organisations to ISO 666666 Elite Honesty in business. Auditors certified to Elite Honesty will then have to visit each organisation two days a year to ensure their elite honesty systems are all good.

You've done this before......

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back