List Mgmt. 2018 Trade/FA & Draft Thread Part IV [JP✔️ JPII✔️ Hall✔️ BScott✔️ Tyson✔️ Clarke➡️ Preuss➡️ RedÓg✔️]

Is Dan Menzel worth a spot on an AFL list?

• No Dan, we have enough injury plauged forwards

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Deserves a spot on a list somewhere, just not North

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Rookie only

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • He'll kick five in a final for us, must get

Votes: 23 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

187 turns into pick 57 (182 points).

We wont delist anyone for 58 points, we will just go into deficit and it will discount our future pick (if he gets a 2nd round bid it will drop the value of our 2nd round pick, 3rd round bid our third round pick, etc).

We wouldn't want to have our first round pick diluted. In theory, if GC bid pick 19 (1st round) for him and we needed 751 points to match we could trade out pick 68 plus our 2019 2nd and/or 3rd round pick to get the 569 extra points this year. We wouldn't need the extra list spot if we keep it to 4 picks during the bidding process.

As long as Scott doesn't go in the first round we can just go into deficit for his entire amount, since we traded out our future 4th round pick we could go into deficit by around 1700 points, which isn't going to happen. The amount you can go into deficit is reduced if you trade out future picks, we only traded out a 4th round pick so far and that has little value, 19 points.

As long as Thomas doesn't attract a top 5 bid and Scott doesn't get a 1st round bid, we can pretty much match any other bid on Thomas and we can let the deficit come from next year after the first round.

We would need all of our current picks, including 68, to match a pick 5 bid. We are up shit creek if he goes higher than 5. We would have to try and trade our 2019 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Worst case scenario Thomas goes top 4 and Scott gets a first round bid, we would likely lose Scott and would have to sell the farm re future picks to get Thomas. We left ourselves very thin on points.

I assume we are going to give GC pick 68 to GC for Hall.

With a bit of luck, Thomas will get something like a pick 15 bid (1,112/889) bid and Scott 30 (629/432). 31 & 42 used on Thomas and we get 63 back (112). Picks 48 & 58 used on Scott and we get pick 70 back (39 points). We are left with picks 63 and 70 and 2 spots left. I assume we would attempt to take the ex Freo Clarke as a ruck backup. We theoretically do not need to fill the last two spots with senior players, we can take a full allotment of rookies instead.

They’re leaving too much to chance if they go into the draft with our current picks. If we waited till the draft to trade for picks, all the other clubs would know we’re desperate and bend us over.

There is a lot of chatter about why they club hasn't gone after Scully, but no one knows if this is true or not, but I ask the question, if you had a choice of trading in Scully now at the expense of Kelly in 2019, who would you choose ? Because that maybe the reality of the situation at hand.

Either way there is no guarantee with Kelly. If I had to guess, I’d say we are at best 40% chance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is a lot of chatter about why they club hasn't gone after Scully, but no one knows if this is true or not, but I ask the question, if you had a choice of trading in Scully now at the expense of Kelly in 2019, who would you choose ? Because that maybe the reality of the situation at hand.
Don’t tell Ziebull that.

NMFC-header.png

Trade and free agency ins: Jared Polec and Jasper Pittard (Port Adelaide), Dom Tyson (Melbourne), third-round selection (No.48 at time of trade) and fourth-round selection (No.61 at time of trade)

Trade and free agency outs: Ryan Clarke (Sydney), Braydon Preuss (Melbourne), first-round draft selection (No.11 at time of trade), fourth-round draft selection (No.62 at time of trade) and future fourth-round draft selection

Still in play: Gold Coast midfielder Aaron Hall will land at Arden St at some stage before Wednesday night's NAB AFL Trade Period deadline, having already been paraded on the club's website. The Roos are no longer pursuing potential deals for out-of-contract Swan Nic Newman or Giant Jeremy Finlayson after nabbing Jasper Pittard as part of the Jared Polec trade. They did their best work early in the week after missing out on free agency target Andrew Gaff. - Marc McGowan

Picks (as at Friday, October 12): 31, 42, 48, 58, 68, 86

Delisted/retired: Billy Hartung, Tom Jeffries, Mitch Hibberd, Oscar Junker, Declan Mountford, Gordon Narrier, Daniel Nielson, Josh Williams, Jarrad Waite

Gold Coast's Aaron Hall will give North some more zip through the middle. Picture: AFL Photos
halltrade2048.JPG

NMFC-header.png

Picks (as at Friday, October 12): 31, 42, 48, 58, 68, 86

So as I understand it, those picks provide 1532 points - enough for TT and BS with the academy/F-s discounts? With Hall still to go? Assuming Gold Coast settle for 86 for Hall (a big 'if' given it's worth nothing in points), Joel Crocker looking a rookie pick (if he slips that far)

So as I understand it, those picks provide 1532 points - enough for TT and BS with the academy/F-s discounts? With Hall still to go? Assuming Gold Coast settle for 86 for Hall (a big 'if' given it's worth nothing in points), Joel Crocker looking a rookie pick (if he slips that far)

Unless we get unexpected bids, should be fine

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon we do the right thing here, and trade our new recruit Tyson to the Suns in the Hall trade. It's genius, and it would be bloody hilarious.

Tyson: 'I request North Melbourne as my club of choice'

North Melbourne (in the voice of Ned Flanders): 'and thanks for stopping by'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patton is too big a risk for me. He plays 20kg over the modern requirement for his type of athlete- hence the knee problems.

I wouldn't expect us to show the slightest interest in him

Remember this time last week, after the b n f and before the channel 7 rumour, when we thought Gaff was in the bag.

I still want to know who put the tick up.

It all went to shit from that moment on, with stunning predictability.

I don't think we desperately need Scully, that is to say I would't mind having him on the list because he would add a lot more than one of the delisted guys/Morgan.

Future 2nd for Scully & a 4th/Future 4th

Just can't get my head around him going that cheap because of the cap squeeze, especially to Hawthorn!

Remember this time last week, after the b n f and before the channel 7 rumour, when we thought Gaff was in the bag.

Nah don’t worry about it.

We’ve all moved on.

Scientists all agree man made global warming caused the tick up glitch.

I’m Spartacus !

So we give them pick 68 and they give us Hall and a pick in the 40’s!?! Even if they aren’t using it there members would flip out.

AFL would never sign off on that regardless.

Problem is Gold Coast don't have any picks between 29 and 59, so we couldn't give them say 31 and 68 and get back two picks in between that improve our points situation. Thus maybe the hold up is seeing what picks Gold Coast end up with by Wednesday.

Who cares - it’s not going to bring him back.
RIP

If Gaff were never a thing, we'd be very happy with our trading haul.

If we continue the Higgo/Marley/Waitey trend with Tyson, we've got a real player and a real structural win.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 Trade/FA & Draft Thread Part IV [JP✔️ JPII✔️ Hall✔️ BScott✔️ Tyson✔️ Clarke➡️ Preuss➡️ RedÓg✔️]

Back