Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Very few clubs stand in the way of a FA who wants to go elsewhere.

We're clearly rebuilding so as much as Dahl has said he'd prefer to stay I suspect the lure of heading home to a team that are still contenders will price too great. We're offering less than the Cats.

Wallis is on the outer and Roughly seems set to go too. With a bunch of under performing fringe players set to be cut too well have a large turnover this year.

Is Dhouse fit ..he seems off a bit ? How do you see him adding to the geelong side ?

You think it will be hit the draft hard for the Dogs? I guess thats one reason to let FAs go to get some picks

Is Dhouse fit ..he seems off a bit ? How do you see him adding to the geelong side ?

You think it will be hit the draft hard for the Dogs? I guess thats one reason to let FAs go to get some picks
Rumours are he's carrying a knee injury so his kicking had suffered this year.

He's tenacious and had the flexibility of playing deep forward, high forward or midfield. I don't think he adds much to your side if you keep your second rotation mids like Kelly or S Selwood but Geelong supporters will know their own team better than I would.

Rumours are he's carrying a knee injury so his kicking had suffered this year.

He's tenacious and had the flexibility of playing deep forward, high forward or midfield. I don't think he adds much to your side if you keep your second rotation mids like Kelly or S Selwood but Geelong supporters will know their own team better than I would.

I have a feeling he was playing better a couple of years ago... and we were less flush for smalls then... as a FA I guess its just money.. but id be preferring to go with the younger players we already have ..when we have a choice. I watched Narkle today and he will be getting games soon. And Miers. It would come down to pressure ..as it seems with most clubs we are wanting smalls to be aggressive and hard at it.

Carlton should see how badly Adelaide want Luskious or Rankine. Dangle pick 1 for all their first rounders and see what happens.

If Carlton could add 2/3 1st rounders it would be much more beneficial. I reckon they need a mid over Luskious anyways, but doubt you’d overlook him.
I think that's a good suggestion

Carlton should see how badly Adelaide want Luskious or Rankine. Dangle pick 1 for all their first rounders and see what happens.

If Carlton could add 2/3 1st rounders it would be much more beneficial. I reckon they need a mid over Luskious anyways, but doubt you’d overlook him.

Would hope Carlton try and add some mature players to the list via DFA or late draft picks to offset the amount of dead wood that list has. Melbourne should be the blue print for the Blues circa 2012 when they added Vince, Tyson, Hibberd, Melksham through trades and 'topped up' with astute mature agers like Josh Wagner. They were bold enough to go big for Jesse Hogan too. Paying dividends now. Hope the Blues could do something similar.

Would hope Carlton try and add some mature players to the list via DFA or late draft picks to offset the amount of dead wood that list has. Melbourne should be the blue print for the Blues circa 2012 when they added Vince, Tyson, Hibberd, Melksham through trades and 'topped up' with astute mature agers like Josh Wagner. They were bold enough to go big for Jesse Hogan too. Paying dividends now. Hope the Blues could do something similar.

huh? mullet dfa. oshea. Kennedy traded in. plowman pickett lamb an co.lobbe? Lang?

atm have pick 1 an 21 then pick 155555.so trading a pick is pointless an why do it.

plus carlton wouldn't trade pick 1. the hype alone that comes with that pick sells hope which is all the blues have lol...

huh? mullet dfa. oshea. Kennedy traded in. plowman pickett lamb an co.lobbe? Lang?

atm have pick 1 an 21 then pick 155555.so trading a pick is pointless an why do it.

plus carlton wouldn't trade pick 1. the hype alone that comes with that pick sells hope which is all the blues have lol...

Should have mentioned good mature guys. How many traded guys have played more VFL than AFL since coming across? How many have leadership? how many have come from winning cultures?

Hence why I mentioned dangling it for Adelaide and Gold Coast. There’s top SA talent in this draft and Adelaide have issues with go home etc from interstate guys. They might offer up a couple good first round picks for it.

Could end up with a top 10 pick still with another a couple later.

Carlton posses Adelaide’s second rounder which at the rate they’re going should be a mid tier second too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence why I mentioned dangling it for Adelaide and Gold Coast. There’s top SA talent in this draft and Adelaide have issues with go home etc from interstate guys. They might offer up a couple good first round picks for it.

Could end up with a top 10 pick still with another a couple later.
Why Adelaide want to offer a couple first rd pick , for no 1 pick , if go home is the issue , they could get hately ,Rozee,Rankine etc as multiple first rd pick .Gc need quality and quantity to cover go home factor , is better to have 3 top 20 pick than having one potential superstar who request to go home later .

Why Adelaide want to offer a couple first rd pick , for no 1 pick , if go home is the issue , they could get hately ,Rozee,Rankine etc as multiple first rd pick .Gc need quality and quantity to cover go home factor , is better to have 3 top 20 pick than having one potential superstar who request to go home later .

Because there’s no guarantee any of those guys will be around for Adelaide’s pick.

Why not try offer them a deal where they can get the best SA prospect. Win win etc

Because there’s no guarantee any of those guys will be around for Adelaide’s pick.

Why not try offer them a deal where they can get the best SA prospect. Win win etc
Nothing is guaranteed , you can get pick 1-5 - injury prone or lifestyle problem , ( Jack watts, Morabinto, bennell) to name a few . DRAFT is a game of luck and probability .

Crows look like they'll finish bottom 8 at this stage. Draw gets tough and they look shot. Im also thinking they may be tanking just a little to get into a position for Lukosius and better FA comp for Sloane.

So that's pick 8. They should end up with Pick 9 if Sloane goes via FA.
If Lynch goes too, that's probably another top 20 pick coming their way (think he's worth end of 1st rd).

So could be holding 8, 9, 18 & 19 come trade time

Trade the whole hand for Carlton's 2018 & 2019 1st rd picks.
I cant see Carlton getting out of the bottom 3 in 2019.

So it's 2x top 3 picks for 4x top 20, all outside the top 5.

If I was a Crows supporter I wouldn't be counting my chickens yet re possible band 1 compensation for a 28 year old Rory Sloane when the Lions got band 2 for a 27 year old Tom Rockliff on a 4 year deal.

Rockliffs contract was 700k-750k in the end. If the Crows get band 1 for Sloane basically the same money it makes their whole stupid formula look even more stupid.

Rockliffs contract was 700k-750k in the end. If the Crows get band 1 for Sloane basically the same money it makes their whole stupid formula look even more stupid.

Sloane would get offered more than that though, and if he doesn’t Adelaide will match.
It’s highly unlikely Sloane wouldn’t trigger band 1 compo if he did go.

Sloane would get offered more than that though, and if he doesn’t Adelaide will match.
It’s highly unlikely Sloane wouldn’t trigger band 1 compo if he did go.
What makes you think he will get offered more than that? He’s a good player, but can be shut out of the game far too easily to be regarded in the top tier imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back