Review 2018 VFL Grand Final: Box Hill Hawks def Casey Demons: sore losers see red

Remove this Banner Ad

Great result Box Hill. Very proud.

Looking forwards to next year and being able to come down and watch more games.

Thanks Lotus for posting a link to the replay.

Anyone think there’s a new type of arrogant Melbourne player now, typified by Thomas “Smartarse” Bugg, who does something minor and then get in someone’s face?

There are a couple in the first team like Petracca and Oliver. They’ve done nothing in their careers but they’re already pretend FIGJAMs.

Get used to losing you tossers!

Good crowd turnout. I reckon the womens had similar crowd numbers as the mens on the gold n brown side.
I saw Bob Campbell with his family and overheard someone had seen Cyril

Pretty amazing when you think about the path they took to the cup. Looking done after the first quarter today, last week down by 17 in the 3rd and finding a way and of course the week before that kicking a goal on a the siren to tie and winning in the extra time. What an impressive, hard fought flag. They would be partying like mental tonight, deservedly so.

Disclaimer - these are just my thoughts

PITTONET - BOG by the length of the Flemington straight - McEvoyesque in his overhead clunking marks
CJ - this kid , in all his raw ability, has all the tools and then some. Clear 4 quarter performance from the young man - I’m a believer
Will replace Omith in years to come (except with high quality tackling added - not to mention his overhead marking capabilities)
Lovell - quiet 1st half : ok 3rd and very good last including a critical goal near the end. Jury still out imo.
Hanrahan- showed great glimpses just not consistent enough yet but I like what I’m seeing
Brand - when your mum says ‘if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything !’
O’Brien - better when moved forward. This kid is ‘so close’ getting the penny to drop & be an AFL Star, but it’s just not there YET
Cousins - serviceable ; could’ve been tagged not sure
Mirra - when moved down back : looked comfortable and played accordingly plus the others grew having him there
O’Rourke - solid VFL game ; nothing great : nothing bad
Whitecross - solid VFL game ; flashes of quality & critical in our win
Willsmore - I’m biased because I have never been a fan. So I will leave it at that
MOORE - not sure if anyone has told him the history of 36 ? Doubt that it would matter ; this kid spews quality : will be a permanent AFL player in 2019 ; His opponent today , no.49 had the following possessions 46 elbows : 39 shoves directly on Dylan. This kid could not have given a stuff, just went bout his business & proved eff3ctive in our Premiership. This kid is all class. Big watch for next year.
Glass - coming along nicely: still has the occasional brain faded but he will definitely make it : has that Irish aggression that we love

Moore of Andrew - mature age player (captain) : tough , aggressive, no nonsense player ; deserves a rookie spot on our list next season
Would give us great depth - great leader

Newman - please promote to senior coaching staff ; he deserves it.
Has coached unbelievably well.

Future looks bright peeps

I feel for any team in the Hawthorn franchise. Casey demons lost, meaning it's been 54 years since the Melbourne franchise has tasted premiership success.

But poor hawthorn had to wait 120 minutes since its last premiership.
To be fair, that was a long, nail biting 120 minutes!! Way too long for wait for another premiership in my eyes.

Disclaimer - these are just my thoughts

PITTONET - BOG by the length of the Flemington straight - McEvoyesque in his overhead clunking marks
CJ - this kid , in all his raw ability, has all the tools and then some. Clear 4 quarter performance from the young man - I’m a believer
Will replace Omith in years to come (except with high quality tackling added - not to mention his overhead marking capabilities)
Lovell - quiet 1st half : ok 3rd and very good last including a critical goal near the end. Jury still out imo.
Hanrahan- showed great glimpses just not consistent enough yet but I like what I’m seeing
Brand - when your mum says ‘if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything !’
O’Brien - better when moved forward. This kid is ‘so close’ getting the penny to drop & be an AFL Star, but it’s just not there YET
Cousins - serviceable ; could’ve been tagged not sure
Mirra - when moved down back : looked comfortable and played accordingly plus the others grew having him there
O’Rourke - solid VFL game ; nothing great : nothing bad
Whitecross - solid VFL game ; flashes of quality & critical in our win
Willsmore - I’m biased because I have never been a fan. So I will leave it at that
MOORE - not sure if anyone has told him the history of 36 ? Doubt that it would matter ; this kid spews quality : will be a permanent AFL player in 2019 ; His opponent today , no.49 had the following possessions 46 elbows : 39 shoves directly on Dylan. This kid could not have given a stuff, just went bout his business & proved eff3ctive in our Premiership. This kid is all class. Big watch for next year.
Glass - coming along nicely: still has the occasional brain faded but he will definitely make it : has that Irish aggression that we love

Moore of Andrew - mature age player (captain) : tough , aggressive, no nonsense player ; deserves a rookie spot on our list next season
Would give us great depth - great leader

Newman - please promote to senior coaching staff ; he deserves it.
Has coached unbelievably well.

Future looks bright peeps
CJ kept us alive in the first half .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching on the channel 7 app was an experience.

The stream was about 1-2 minutes behind play and in those last few minutes I was dreading the notifications from the thread.

Great win, well deserved after fighting through so many games in the last month.

Massive tick.

The stream was about 1-2 minutes behind play and in those last few minutes I was dreading the notifications from the thread.

Great win, well deserved after fighting through so many games in the last month.

Massive tick.
I just watched the fourth quarter and ignored the thread

Anyone think there’s a new type of arrogant Melbourne player now, typified by Thomas “Smartarse” Bugg, who does something minor and then get in someone’s face?

There are a couple in the first team like Petracca and Oliver. They’ve done nothing in their careers but they’re already pretend FIGJAMs.

Get used to losing you tossers!

I agree with everything you said, especially with Petracca... But i don't agree about Oliver. The kid is one of the best mids going around, and i'm pretty sure he made All Aus this year?

Box Hill’s Hawthorn reserves won only because of our great vfl players. I wish Billy Murphy was playing.
2nd half: wow.. our game sucked in the first half. Newman changed everything after 1/2 time. We went 1 on 1.

3rd qtr it was OK, 4th qtr we dominated in the 1 on 1s.
We won haha
Mirra was a rock today but I have rarely seen a ruck advantage affect a game as much as it did today. Pitto completely anihalated them and should have the medal.

We completely smashed them after half time.

Moore the most promising kid for me.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
agreed Pitto dominated... but he did not have a ruckman against him.

Last edited:

Massive tick.
Great win when we were smashed in the 1st half.
TV did not show how well the Casey Demons set up in the 1st half.
We were beaten in every way: out of the centre and on the spread.
We were only in it because a few of our guys stood up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2018 VFL Grand Final: Box Hill Hawks def Casey Demons: sore losers see red

Remove this Banner Ad

Back