Review 2018 VFL Grand Final: Box Hill Hawks def Casey Demons: sore losers see red

Remove this Banner Ad

42381575_2041468929208123_4219730567169572864_n.jpg

Jiath and his parents.

First time using 7 Plus.... Will be my last time also. What a terrible service. Cuts oiut half way through, gives a technical difficulties error and then makes you re-watch 4 ads before you can try and get back where you left off. Managed to get about 10 minutes into the third before it completely died and wont go any further.

Sidenote: Quality of stream is appalling, 100/40Mbps NBN connection could only manage what looked like 360p and then it dipped back to 144p...

First time using 7 Plus.... Will be my last time also. What a terrible service. Cuts oiut half way through, gives a technical difficulties error and then makes you re-watch 4 ads before you can try and get back where you left off. Managed to get about 10 minutes into the third before it completely died and wont go any further.

Sidenote: Quality of stream is appalling, 100/40Mbps NBN connection could only manage what looked like 360p and then it dipped back to 144p...

I streamed the entire game live through the 7plus app and cast it to a chromecast on a 42” TV and it worked seamlessly. Also my first time using the app. Maybe it’s a bit hit and miss depending upon available bandwidth or something?

You’re correct about the picture quality though. Made SD look good, but I was just happy to be able to see the game here in SA.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I streamed the entire game live through the 7plus app and cast it to a chromecast on a 42” TV and it worked seamlessly. Also my first time using the app. Maybe it’s a bit hit and miss depending upon available bandwidth or something?

You’re correct about the picture quality though. Made SD look good, but I was just happy to be able to see the game here in SA.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Identical on the bold bit even to the tv size.

Whilst I readily concede that Pits opposition was second rate, you can only beat the opponent you're faced with.
The quality of his tap work was, without doubt, the difference between the two team.
Time after time he gave his team mates first use of the ball with a combination of deft taps, and pack clearing long thumps.
The fact that he mixed up his tap work kept the opposition guessing as to how to nullify his influence.

Combine that with his strong marking and defensive spoils and it's hard to deny his status as the most influential player on the ground.
I most of all liked the post game celebrations where he met up with Max Bailey.
There was the knowing look of a job well done, followed by a very long hug.

There will be times ahead when the football Gods may not be as kind, but enjoy you're success young man because you earned it..

Great points. The big thing for me was his marking. I've seen some great tap work from him even as a schoolboy (from video footage) and had no doubts in that area. His marking was great and if that game showed us that he has it. On beating second rate opponents, I think that was something that he HASN'T been good at in the past, so another step forward - when you can, you have to press your advantage!

Had a good look at CJ for the first time. Love his enthusiasm and endeavour. Seems to me he needs to spend a lot of time on his disposal. Handballs in particular were often weak and sold teammates into trouble.

A lot to work with, though.

And it did seem that the BH boys were standouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2018 VFL Grand Final: Box Hill Hawks def Casey Demons: sore losers see red

Remove this Banner Ad

Back