Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the update! love it. what position was Brander looking like he will play?

It didn't seem like he played much backward of centre in the match sim, but to be honest, I could've missed it too ....I was sort of at an angle that gave me better sight of what was happening in the back pocket of one of the teams, he could very well have been playing in the other team in the back... but that was a bit of a distance away and my eyes ain't the best... also got distracted with what was happening in front of me... bit of a goldfish..... and at the other end it was hard to miss Kennedy (and Edwards who was on him) as they seemed to be finding him a bit.

In some of the drills (like the 6 on 6 ball movement drills) he seemed to start further back, but that just could be because it was only 6 players and the mids were in the front half.

I can see why some on here are calling for him to get a run through the wing. It is exciting to think of what he could bring on a wing with his height, hands, mobility, touch below his knees, pace and kicking.

This is based purely on watching him for two hours and getting excited by others who have seen him more.... Its his time. :)

Yeah he said he is still being used on a needs basis so no set position but likely in defence at least in the early stages of the season. Could be KPF post JK.

I wonder if that means Brander will be used on the HF in place of Waterman this year because they will no doubt want to get him in.

Apologies for the dribs and drabs - clearly I make a shit reporter, but your mention of Waterman reminded me of another observation. He is becoming a bit of a unit. Looks to have bulked up across the chest, shoulders and arms a bit. Seemed to not be doing that thing where he looks like he is having an asthma attack after every big run. Perhaps an indication of his improving tank? Took some good marks on the wing, and surprisingly used the ball ok too.

I'm a big fan of Jake's. He does all the right things for a young player, I think he's in for a big year going into his 4th season.

A roaming 3rd tall up and down the wings, like ranga Tom Lynch is a formality for him now IMO.

Averages 12 touches, 5 marks, 4 score involvements and a goal a game for his whole career. If he was at a spud melbourne club they'd be rapt.

For the last pick of the 2016 draft, 77, he's already exceeded expectations. Our most successful father son.

I'm a big fan of Jake's. He does all the right things for a young player, I think he's in for a big year going into his 4th season.

A roaming 3rd tall up and down the wings, like ranga Tom Lynch is a formality for him now IMO.

Averages 12 touches, 5 marks, 4 score involvements and a goal a game for his whole career. If he was at a spud melbourne club they'd be rapt.

For the last pick of the 2016 draft, 77, he's already exceeded expectations. Our most successful father son.
Cough... Cousins... Cough.

Seemed to start back of centre in the match sims, although interestingly they only had five in the back fifty, perhaps short on players?? He floated up the wings a bit, as did Duggan. It was Schoey, Hurn and Shep that held position in the back. I honestly couldn't say which group he was with during the drills sorry. Apologies for the poor level of detail. There's just so much going on, even during the match sims and I was a bit star struck so got distracted by little things.
All good any info is appreciated by all of us

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and possibly.

Who’s the player obscured by Frankie in the backs pic?

Not sure about that. We've got plenty of backs apparently! No forwards photo, I'm assuming they didn't have any players left to photograph.

The other photo on their Instagram story could be the leadership group but I'm not sure about that. I couldn't understand the relevance of that group otherwise.

Not sure about that. We've got plenty of backs apparently! No forwards photo, I'm assuming they didn't have any players left to photograph.

The other photo on their Instagram story could be the leadership group but I'm not sure about that. I couldn't understand the relevance of that group otherwise.

Thought that but JK is a vice captain.

Yes to Allen behind Gov
Yes to Brander behind Ainsworth
No idea who is behind Watson - it’s not Edwards, he’s behind Sheppard
Williams and Vardy not in the mids photo
Pratt, formerly backs coach, photographed with the mids along with Rosa and Van Berlo
Graham who was the forwards coach with the backs
Not sure who that leaves as forwards coach since Hickmott is said to be coaching the Beagles. Webster?

Foley back is mildly interesting.
Mildly.

He spent most of last year there.

Yes to Allen behind Gov
Yes to Brander behind Ainsworth
No idea who is behind Watson - it’s not Edwards, he’s behind Sheppard
Williams and Vardy not in the mids photo
Pratt, formerly backs coach, photographed with the mids along with Rosa and Van Berlo
Graham who was the forwards coach with the backs
Not sure who that leaves as forwards coach since Hickmott is said to be coaching the Beagles. Webster?

Also Ah Chee not with the mids - trying to reinvent him as a forward as an option to fill the Willie gap maybe?

Nic Reid is in the team photo but no sign of either Grey or Pickett. There’s a couple of players obscured in the photo but a rough head count was 44, including Willie, so make of that what you will

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back