Prediction Round 20, 2024 - Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darling back is even more frustrating because it would have been good for the rest of the year to get a real good look at a forward line owned by Allen and Waterman as the pillars with J. Williams as the third tall and chop out ruck option. I'm not sure why Hutchinson keeps getting gifted games but he should be in the WAFL working on his craft.

Darling coming back crowds it up again. Such a rank selection.

Darling back is even more frustrating because it would have been good for the rest of the year to get a real good look at a forward line owned by Allen and Waterman as the pillars with J. Williams as the third tall and chop out ruck option. I'm not sure why Hutchinson keeps getting gifted games but he should be in the WAFL working on his craft.

Darling coming back crowds it up again. Such a rank selection.
Waterman to be traded?

Sure the forward line is too tall for a normal side, but I'm struggling to give a stuff about structure at the moment.

Culley, trew, JWilliams and maric are the ones who are entitled to get a shot based on performance and they're in the there.

Selecting anyone else out of the wafl would just be gifting games, and I'm completely OK with making them earn it to a degree, we've given away enough free games over the last 3 years.

Hall and Johnston are 2 you'd love to see warrant selection over the last month.

Roll on off season so we can start delisting deadwood and start getting better.

Absolutely nothing wrong with bringing Jack back, as long as he is the emergency, he can play forward, pinch hit in the ruck
and play in the backline as cover for Gov if he gets injured.
Is there anyone else on the list who could cover those 3 roles ?

I’m pretty sure on the limited game time he’s had this year, he’s running at just over 81% disposal efficiency. As an inside mid under immediate pressure I would have thought that was pretty bloody good.
Yeah if anything his skills have been one of his strengths.

Just think it’s funny that Adam Simpson was the sole reason the old cobbers were getting a game, the effort was poor, and we weren’t rocking up ready to play.

Then we go to face a Ross Lyon St Kilda side, put in the worst effort of the century, lose by a margin higher than the Saints average per game, and the response is to bring back the old boys.

Could it be that our list was just paper thin all along and even Schofield (with no incentive to not just blindly back the kids) has arrived at the conclusion that most of them are unplayable too 😮😮😮
Badge, this is not the place for logic and reason. Please stick to yelling at clouds and incoherent rambling in future.

no jj? No petch? Big ticks imo. Only negative is no dewar. Feel as if he has a lot of upside and could slot into the team nicely.

Couldn’t find an existing thread, so the ‘prediction’ label is more for consistency than relevancy.

In: Yeo, Waterman, McGovern, Darling

Out: Witherden, Petrucelle, Jones, Chesser (all omitted)

8 talls, woah nelly, with no Archer Reid debut to sweeten it up.

Snake gets to add to his great tally. Some whipping boys were omitted.

At least there’s always the skateboarding & mens hockey to flick over to if necessary.

We are worried about the Dorkers hunting revenge.
All their talk of this being a very physical contest has spooked us.
We hit them with a perfect storm last derby.
This time our older stars are sore and tired and coming back from injury.No Duggan To give us a bit of steel.
Anus will probably play a full game,Fredericks gives them more pace,did Shitkowski play last time? And BBW will probably get monstered by Darcy.He struggles with the big log type rucks.I feel they will come for HR.
BBW; a lot rests on you.You really need to raise the physicality bar from your last few efforts.Lead the way! Don’t expect an 19yr old kid with a handful of games under his belt to lead the way.He shouldn’t be the one having push and shove with opposition ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect his stats show that largely because he’s being beaten to the ball by defenders and he’s having to try and constantly win it back. At least he tries to win it back.

My concern is that stats like pressure acts tend to be misleading. Similar to contested possessions. Sheed getting chased down whilst scrubbing a kick and then putting an arm out toward his opponent as they run away with the ball would plausibly register as 1 contested possession and 1 pressure act.

But if Darling’s our best pressure forward option and the coaches are confident in this, then great I guess
Hes always been right up there for pressure inside F50, Darling and Cripps have always been elite at it

Absolutely nothing wrong with bringing Jack back, as long as he is the emergency, he can play forward, pinch hit in the ruck
and play in the backline as cover for Gov if he gets injured.
Is there anyone else on the list who could cover those 3 roles ?
Rotham is the guy youre thinking of

Changes from R6 Derby -

West Coast
Out: Witherden, Duggan, Chesser, Petruccelle, Long, Brockman, Sheed(Sub)
In: Allen, Edwards, Edwards, Trew, Hutchinson, Culley, Ryan

Fremantle
Out: Walters, Johnson, Pearce, Hughes, Erasmus(Sub)
In: Cox, Chapman, Switkowski, Frederick Wagner

Switkowski and Frederick are big ins for them as their pace has troubled us in the past

I would of preferred Dewar in over Darling and an inanimate carbon rod over Rotham.

Pearce out gives me some hope our forwards will go alright, just need to get the ball in the 50 (easier said then done).

Changes from R6 Derby -

West Coast
Out: Witherden, Duggan, Chesser, Petruccelle, Long, Brockman, Sheed(Sub)
In: Allen, Edwards, Edwards, Trew, Hutchinson, Culley, Ryan

Fremantle
Out: Walters, Johnson, Pearce, Hughes, Erasmus(Sub)
In: Cox, Chapman, Switkowski, Frederick Wagner

Switkowski and Frederick are big ins for them as their pace has troubled us in the past
Pearce a massive out, Walters not so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back