Prediction Round 20, 2024 - Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest problem for Trew is that we have to add Hewett to the midfield next year, along with a top 3 draft pick mid, Hall will push for games, along with likely a random fringe mid(carrol/Sheldrick/Dev/garcia/etc)who will probably be ahead of him.

He needs to be better in the midfield than he is considering he cant play any other roles

Heweys coming from a fair way back until he's taking reasonable midfield minutes. Not the greatest tank and now significant repeated stints off legs. I'd be rapt to get 20 games out of him playing on a forward flank next year putting on i50 pressure and doing damage at front half stoppages.

If that gets checked off he can start to pinch midfield minutes in the coming seasons as he gets fitter.

Heweys coming from a fair way back until he's taking reasonable midfield minutes. Not the greatest tank and now significant repeated stints off legs. I'd be rapt to get 20 games out of him playing on a forward flank next year putting on i50 pressure and doing damage at front half stoppages.

If that gets checked off he can start to pinch midfield minutes in the coming seasons as he gets fitter.
Regardless of what happened this year, if hes fit he will be playing midfield next year in some capacity. Migt be only 20-30% CBAs but thats still a decent chunk from somebody else. I expect itd be more than that though, closer to 40-50%.

Cant see Reid losing midfield time, Yeo the same. If they are both at 65%, Kelly at 50%, Hewett at 30% and Ginbey at 30%, thats 240% out of 300% for our main midfield. Add in a mature age recruit and a high draft pick mid and there really isnt any room for Trew who has to be getting 65%+ to justify his selection as he cant play anywhere else.

If we dont get a mature age midfielder from another club maybe Trew has a better chance at games, but we have Hall too. Hes probably back to WAFL depth next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back