Prediction Round 20, 2024 - Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell do you think Trews skills are deplorable?
Please share your wisdom.

Every disposal on the weekend, courtesy of the incomparable Alesana

Trew works his ass off and our management of him during his tenure has been dreadful. We haven’t given him the best chance to succeed properly.

Nobody could watch that clip, seeing all the missed handballs and god forbid the kicks, and think his skills are AFL level.

As much as the constant whiners are annoying (no matter what the coach/team does, it's never good enough) - you have to admit where the team is at the moment there's not a lot to be positive about. There's not much joy to be had, in fact is friggin' abysmal! There's only so much recurring bullsh*t you can take from the coaches, players and club media hype, that in the end a pig with lipstick is still a pig.

Even if they win the derby, it's always great to get a win against the Dorkers but it doesn't really address the the whole team/coaching disaster; it's just another anomaly in a long chain of inconsistencies and failures.
I just hope the next coach doesn't try to be best mates with everybody.

Of course - we stink and it sux. I'm 100% with you there. But the poster that was being quoted was still shitting on Waterman 2 months ago. It becomes tedious when it's not about any objective opinions on our team but instead personal vendettas.

In regards to the next coach, we can hope they come in to kick ass and chew gum and there's a nation wide shortage on gum. Hard calls need to be made, big time.

Of course - we stink and it sux. I'm 100% with you there. But the poster that was being quoted was still shitting on Waterman 2 months ago. It becomes tedious when it's not about any objective opinions on our team but instead personal vendettas.

In regards to the next coach, we can hope they come in to kick ass and chew gum and there's a nation wide shortage on gum. Hard calls need to be made, big time.

2 months ago…. ??? Gee times flown… hadn’t even noticed Junktimes drop in form…. Better keep a close watch on him.

Trew works his ass off and our management of him during his tenure has been dreadful. We haven’t given him the best chance to succeed properly.

Nobody could watch that clip, seeing all the missed handballs and god forbid the kicks, and think his skills are AFL level.

30 seconds in and he shits himself coughing it up to Zak Jones - hard to watch.

Thanks for posting this, I thought maybe you had a point. He had 3 kicks and 14 handballs. Of the three kicks, the first was to Luke Edwards and missed because Edwards zigged when he should have zagged, not really a terrible kick just put it to space and Edwards misread it. Second kick was to a 2 on 2, about even. Third kick was a rushed hack forward that went to no-one but gained a small amount of territory. Of the handballs just about every single one hit an eagles player, there were maybe 2 that went to a saints player in traffic. I have no issues at all with him, gets the balls and has good vision for a teammate in traffic and releases the ball quick. Not in there to kick the ball and his kicking was neither here nor there despite it going down as 3 clangers. Considering most of our team can't think their way through traffic or handball to a team mate fullstop he's significantly ahead.

30 seconds in and he shits himself coughing it up to Zak Jones - hard to watch.

Harsh marker. Out of his 17 possessions that one was the only genuine howler and he probably learnt from it. I guess we should delist Duggan for all those times his kicks have gone to an opposition player and Barrass clearly isn't afl standard either with all his kicks to nobody out of defence.

Edit: I watched it again. The handball that ended up with Jones was the only handball he missed and to my eye he intended to hit Jack Williams and Williams just didn't react quickly enough so it went past him at waist hight, hoping for some hands to reach out and grab it, and ended up with Jones instead. Hardly shitting himself. Literally every other handball hit an eagles player, the majority of times in space. Insane levels of blinkers on watching that clip and saying his skills aren't AFL level.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell Woodcock

@Mitch_Woodcock
·
5m

Jeremy McGovern has failed a fitness test and won't play in the western derby. Petruccelle to come in. Schofield hints that Darling could play back. #AFL

Well playing Darling in the backline, alongside Barrass, Edwards and Rotham, when he’s previously played about five minutes of his 293-game career in defence, would certainly help to solve our “too tall forward line” problem.

I feel like it might create other problems though.

Well playing Darling in the backline, alongside Barrass, Edwards and Rotham, when he’s previously played about five minutes of his 293-game career in defence, would certainly help to solve our “too tall forward line” problem.

I feel like it might create other problems though.

Just wish Rotham was out as he is putrid and maybe just start him as sub.

I have always wondered what Darling would be like down back as i think he wouldnt be half bad.

Harsh marker. Out of his 17 possessions that one was the only genuine howler and he probably learnt from it. I guess we should delist Duggan for all those times his kicks have gone to an opposition player and Barrass clearly isn't afl standard either with all his kicks to nobody out of defence.

Edit: I watched it again. The handball that ended up with Jones was the only handball he missed and to my eye he intended to hit Jack Williams and Williams just didn't react quickly enough so it went past him at waist hight, hoping for some hands to reach out and grab it, and ended up with Jones instead. Hardly shitting himself. Literally every other handball hit an eagles player, the majority of times in space. Insane levels of blinkers on watching that clip and saying his skills aren't AFL level.
Fair but of cope in this RE its not his fault. if you cant find a release just absorb the hit untill you find a better release instead of a fast turnover at half back which more than not results in a goal. Even going to ground and getting caught htb is better than what he did, at least it should be a slow play in that instance.

The kick to Edwards was just a poor decision, just go long instead of a 15m 50/50 kick that he cant execute.

The kick long was also poor, not to any wce forwards advantage and no height which would allow fwds time to adjust and at least create a contest. Lazy analysis to just say 'oh surging to a 50/50 tick' care still needs to be taken with these kinds of kicks.

Amazing attitude to Trew from many here. He's played 9 AFL games. His captain is 10 times the offender for rubbish disposal.

He can find the footy and that is a huge issue that our Chessers, Ledwards, Jones, Petrucelles et al are not addressing.

Trew 100% should play out the year in the firsts. He may settle and the disposal improve or he may not but at least he will have finally had a decent shot and everyone learns where he is at.

Amazing attitude to Trew from many here. He's played 9 AFL games. His captain is 10 times the offender for rubbish disposal.

He can find the footy and that is a huge issue that our Chessers, Ledwards, Jones, Petrucelles et al are not addressing.

Trew 100% should play out the year in the firsts. He may settle and the disposal improve or he may not but at least he will have finally had a decent shot and everyone learns where he is at.
Happy for trew to play for the rest of the year......this is his chance if he wants to stay on the list

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back