Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE have Melbourne, Saints, Geelong and Port Power with Melbourne and Geelong at home ..So we could possibly cover for Gov early .
Cats will likely play tall with Hawkins, Jenkins and Ratagolea which may be when we miss Gov ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Jenkins is tall but as a forward, he is no aerial threat. Barrass on Hawkins (assuming it is lock down Tommy) and Schofield to Rats leaving Rotham for Jenkins. Works for me.

So our options are

(1) Grey
(2) Reid
(3) Pickett
(4) Wait and see

I like 4

We have a chance to see (1) who stands up in a WAFL/SANFL etc sense and also (2) understand what position we may need additional cover.

As it stands, our list is pretty good for 2020 and only glaring weakness is our midfield depth. By middle of the year, we will know whether Brayshaw and Ainsworth are keepers, That will be 3 years on a list and both were over age draftees meaning they really should age wise be compared to the 2016 draftees like Waterman and Rotham.

Hello beautiful WC fans.

I'm looking to come over to the WC v cats game ala the Tim Kelly cup in round 3.

Roughly how much are tickets and wheres the best spots to seat?

Thanks a bunch in advance.
Sell your car and you may get a seat sell car and house and you'll probably get a reasonable seat. Most expensive seats in the AFL but most are OK from a vantage point of view

Hello beautiful WC fans.

I'm looking to come over to the WC v cats game ala the Tim Kelly cup in round 3.

All seats are good. I think the cheapest are around $40. I'd suggest either level one to be close to the action, or level 5 so you can see the whole field and how they structure up.

Hello beautiful WC fans.

Cheers mate........I can get you seats right on the fence on the Chris Mainwaring Wing. We can meet at the Subiaco pub or maybe J B O' Reilly's ( an Irish themed pub) before the game.

Hello beautiful WC fans.

Came over last year for our Pies game.

We found that ticket availability was limited, so "best spots" is more a case of what you can get your hands on. From memory, paid $80 for seats behind the goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picking up Reid/Grey doesn't affect our capacity to free up a list spot for the midseason draft.

We still have the ability to put Willie on the inactive list, as well as any long-term issues that certainly won't arise because none of our players are getting injured in 2020 touch wood.

Might as well reward one of the WAFL boiz

Hello beautiful WC fans.

I think you should be safer than when Schofield visited Geelong, there are free joints at each entrance and fake urine available at all reputable chemists close to the ground.
Seats wise, the pot is stronger over here like the West Coast football team, stronger than any of the Victorian rubbish, so don't worry about which seats you get you'll have a ball anyway.
Hope that helps

Jenkins is tall but as a forward, he is no aerial threat. Barrass on Hawkins (assuming it is lock down Tommy) and Schofield to Rats leaving Rotham for Jenkins. Works for me.

I want to see Schofield on Hawkins to set the tone down back ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Re venables concussion - its only been 9 months since the KO and he is only 21 . We have plenty of time to get him right . We have kept talentless hacks on our list for years so someone like venables can be afforded some extra time .

As for the last rookie spot reid for me over grey any day of the weak . Our game plan is built on skill by foot . Grey will never be up to the standard whatever his endeavour is like .

Reid on the other hand kicked some bags in the wafl and won us a couple of games off his own boot coming from ammos . He very much reminds me of cripps and if he can get fit enough to bring a solid defensive game to his natural goal kicking ability he would be well worth the last spot .

Anyone know what our pre-season schedule is like in terms of intra-club and practice games?
Haven't been able to find anything, but with the Marsh Community Series only a couple weeks away I'm wondering if we have an intraclub coming up that Keys will provide footage and commentary. #nopressure

So the Eagles back line is ranked 13th in the league?

Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Jetta McGovern Duggan

Depth: Schofield, Allen, Nelson, Cole, Watson

Gee, there must be some dead set gun back lines out there from 1 - 12!

Hmm. Gut feel is to laugh but our defence was pretty leaky last year, we coughed up a lot of shots on goal and a lot of re-entries off the back of our stagnant transition game. If the pressure was off up the ground we were sitting ducks with the holding and blocking of Gov and Barrass that was going on. It felt like we gave up a lot of shots in bad spots too...like 35-45m out straight in front as a mid or back drifted into a dangerous place and wasn't marked up by anyone.

Hmm. Gut feel is to laugh but our defence was pretty leaky last year, we coughed up a lot of shots on goal and a lot of re-entries off the back of our stagnant transition game. If the pressure was off up the ground we were sitting ducks with the holding and blocking of Gov and Barrass that was going on. It felt like we gave up a lot of shots in bad spots too...like 35-45m out straight in front as a mid or back drifted into a dangerous place and wasn't marked up by anyone.
Our defence wasn't great last year, but I don't see how it could be 13th (mind you, I haven't seen a source on that claim). We finished 5th after H&A and 6th overall, so if our defence was 13th then our forwards and mids would have to be up there as the best in the league (they weren't). I would put our defence and forwards around the top 4 in the league and 2019 mids around mid-table. Hopefully Kelly can change that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back