2019 2nd Ashes Test - Lords 14-18 August 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Warner isn’t Smith. He consistently fails when the pitch isn’t an Australian highway, Smith consistently steps up and makes runs in the tough conditions when his teammates are crumbling around him.
Smith has credits in the bank, Warner doesn’t.

I can appreciate your opinion but having read back since the start of play, my comment had nothing to do with Warner.

Stop being such idiots about Warner. All this clamouring for him to be dropped is completely ridiculous. He's earned the right to fail a few times. He'll come good.

You talking about being the instigator in ball tampering that cost a year out of bancrofts and Smith's career and damage to their reputation and Australian crickets reputation or his overseas batting average lower than your grandmother's?

Which is it that he's earned the right to a few failures are you suggesting?

Mate he's f’ed overseas.

How many chances do you want to give him?
He's not Mark Taylor where his value to the team was an outstanding captain and he has a superstar team that could Cary 10 test failures.

fu** this crab off

When the alternative is Marcus “average 30 at best” Harris...I’ll back Warner to come good

They still got 258 mate. We are miles from that target.
That’s because we’ve only batted 13 overs, hopefully Bancroft can keep on doing what he’s done so far, not petty but his job is to see off the new bowl, Archer will lose his effectiveness hopefully the longer they dig in.

If you send a side in under or just above 200 is par. They are 60 over par there

It’s not a precise rule

What if we bat for a day and half and get 450 plus then bowl them out quick sticks in the second?

I think we are ahead of the game as it stands

We protected our batsman from the conditions will be easier batting from now

You may end up right

But just the way you talk makes it sound like it’s is an equation with an exact answer must bat or bowl them out under 200 otherwise you failed

Thought we had a good day yesterday. Could have been excellent but ended up being good. I think Lyon's assessment was perfect; We bowled well but not brilliantly, a few lapses in the field and a poor opening spell from Cummins and Siddle set us back a bit.

Still, to have England all out in under a day for 258 puts us in a strong position.

Khawaja looked very fluid and confident last night, hopefully he goes on and makes a strong contribution.
Warner looks abysmal and overall i'm not upset he's out, as at present, he's nothing but a walking wicket. Needs a strong second innings or the bells may start ringing for him.
Bancroft looked decidedly uncomfortable that whole final session, but, he's blunting the new ball. Hopefully he can get himself in and crudely fashion a decent score.

Will be a fascinating match. Weather permitting, a result is very much on the table here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s because we’ve only batted 13 overs, hopefully Bancroft can keep on doing what he’s done so far, not petty but his job is to see off the new bowl, Archer will lose his effectiveness hopefully the longer they dig in.
Archer took 1-78 in the second innings in the second XI make him bowl long spells and he loses his zip

Warner isn’t getting dropped, get that through your heads. You say he is only able to make runs on roads in Australia and you want to replace him with a bloke who couldn’t make runs in Aus.

His test average outside of Aus is 37 not great but still better than Harris test average in Aus.

The Test world is littered by players who perform better at home than away, but for some reason it's only an issue with Warner :rolleyes:

Archer took 1-78 in the second innings in the second XI make him bowl long spells and he loses his zip
Exactly, Bancroft is doing his job for now, hopefully he doesn’t lose concentration and the runs will come easier eventually.
Woakes and Broad are the real threats anyway.

Warner averages 35 outside Australia. Not great but not terrible.

If there was someone banging the door down you'd think about horses for courses and replace him outside Australia but there really isn't.

The Test world is littered by players who perform better at home than away, but for some reason it's only an issue with Warner :rolleyes:
I wouldn't be dropping him just yet but if horses for courses applies to the bowlers he'd want to get some runs in his next three innings.

They still got 258 mate. We are miles from that target.

Your measure of par above is ludicrously optimistic. Bookies marked it as a small win to Australia on the day

Warner isn’t getting dropped, get that through your heads. You say he is only able to make runs on roads in Australia and you want to replace him with a bloke who couldn’t make runs in Aus.

His test average outside of Aus is 37 not great but still better than Harris test average in Aus.

I do like how the “alternative” is Marcus “flash outside off and Nick to slip” Harris who barely has a test average of 30...He is just not that good.

His average is 31 in England

Your measure of par above is ludicrously optimistic. Bookies marked it as a small win to Australia on the day

180-210 max after sending them in. Will be a draw anyway. Actually think England will be relatively happy with getting 258.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 2nd Ashes Test - Lords 14-18 August 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back