2019 4th Ashes Test 2019 Old Trafford

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few spots up for grabs, just depends who’s in form going into the first test of the summer.

Actually apart from Smith and Labushange all the other spots are up for grabs.
I reckon Wade has done just enough to keep his spot for the Australian summer too.

What personal view? I've considered decisions that are incorrect by the laws of the game incorrect. That's not a personal view, that's a pretty basic starting point when counting incorrect decisions.
No, you think all "umipire's call" should be decided to be out, the laws of the game state that umpire's call is whatever the umpire says, so that has two possibilities, not just one like you've personally decided. If you can't see that, this conversation is done.

No, you think all "umipire's call" should be decided to be out, the laws of the game state that umpire's call is whatever the umpire says, so that has two possibilities, not just one like you've personally decided. If you can't see that, this conversation is done.

Exactly.
Many that have been called out by the umpire have been shown to Be "umpires call" for us. On the flip side they've been called not out for them and been umpires call for almost the same deliveries.

Pommies can't handle the fact they've been favoured by some poor umpiring and still about to "lose" access to win the ashes.

Exactly.
Many that have been called out by the umpire have been shown to Be "umpires call" for us. On the flip side they've been called not out for them and been umpires call for almost the same deliveries.

Pommies can't handle the fact they've been favoured by some poor umpiring and still about to "lose" access to win the ashes.

Not to mention some very dodgy ball tracking on occasion courtesy of Pommie technology (Hawkeye/DRS) operated by a very suspect looking dude. :)

Good luck quoting that law.

The on field umpires aren't governed by the DRS regulations, they're governed by the ICC playing conditions and the laws of the game which state if a ball would've hit the wickets then it should be out. That doesn't change at all for them dependent on DRS regulations. If they fail to apply that correctly then they've made a wrong decision.

Last edited:
Thanks, unfortunately I don’t have gem on Foxtel :(
9GemSDAll STU's iQ3/4 via FTA TuneriQ3/4 via FTA TunerVia FTA Tuner192 / 092
Hope this helps

Really? It's quite a few pages in

I have normal channel nine on Foxtel and they’ve had the ashes on it for the last 4 days so I’ve been able to watch it.

But today they aren’t showing the 5th on normal channel nine and Foxtel doesn’t have gem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read somewhere that England haven’t batted out a final day to save a test match in over 6 years.

Not sure how times in that 6 years they have had to though.

Why? It went upstairs, no deflection or snicko present, no edge, clear LBW, was very, very lucky it was umpires call given he didn't even consult with Smith who always seems to tell plays not to bother, it doesn't seem like anyone who bats with Smith ever reviews
Because the initial replay showed a possible small deflection and then it wasn't replayed again after Labuschagne was given out.

I'm not saying there was enough evidence there to overturn it or even if there was any evidence there at all, but it would have been nice to see it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back