2019 4th Ashes Test 2019 Old Trafford

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He walked down the pitch, said something then reviewed it, that's not consulting with anyone.

If he had hit it he would have reviewed the second the finger went up, not thought about it for 2 seconds
You need to take time to view things objectively.
Take off your English Rose-Coloured Glasses**.

** Pat.Pending J Leach.

At the presser, Smith was talking about Warner's next innings at The Oval.
He's either expressing confidence that Warner will be reselected, or it's a done deal.

I'm ok if Warner's dropped, btw. Harris as well, but it's not as if we have good top order batsmen queuing up.
Bring back Burns, I reckon.
I don’t think it would be great for change room relations if Smith says “IF Davey gets a knock in the next test.....”

I don’t think it would be great for change room relations if Smith says “IF Davey gets a knock in the next test.....”
Of course, the other alternative would be to give Warner and Harris a (very) simple, illustrated textbook on Batting, then get them to practise the bit about playing down the line to the round-the-wicket bowler, instead of at right angles from point.

Easy to say if you support the team who was given their wickets immediately

Stats on incorrect decisions given on the field in favour of each team by test:

Test 1Test 2Test 3Test 4Total
Favoured England643114
Favoured Australia1014116

You were saying?

Stats on incorrect decisions given on the field in favour of each team by test:

Test 1Test 2Test 3Test 4Total
Favoured England643114
Favoured Australia1014116

You were saying?

How many "umpires call" LBWs were given out/not out on the field for each team?

It considers umpires call as should've been given out. After all, the lbw law doesn't say over half the ball should be hitting the stumps.
your personal view on this is weird and obviously skews the statistics in your favour for the table you've posted a few times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dinesh Chandimal came out here after getting done for ball tampering 3 months after Smith (he also almost had the test abandoned when he refused to take the field after he was charged). It was not even mentioned once.

I still say what sl did by refusing to take the field is as bad or worse than ball tampering and the cricket world showed with their reaction or complete lack of reaction that the biggest factor in all of this is big name Aussies being involved in ball tampering.

I still say what sl did by refusing to take the field is as bad or worse than ball tampering and the cricket world showed with their reaction or complete lack of reaction that the biggest factor in all of this is big name Aussies being involved in ball tampering.

The hysteria coming from large sections of the Australian public and media added fuel to that particular fire.

Countries like Turkey and bloody Argentina were reporting on it FFS.

I suspect Australia will win, just don't want to declare it a certainty after being proven horribly wrong at Headingley. England's best hope really is if Roy, Stokes, Bairstow and Buttler score at least 260 between them and do so quickly. The only problem with that plan is Roy is yet to show he's a test match standard batsman and he may never do that.

Is Starc an automatic selection for the 5th test based on his performance thus far, or would he need to grab a few more wickets tomorrow to secure a spot?

Really, if ENG come out of this with a draw they would've done really well.

Chasing on this pitch makes the Headingley chase seem like a sure thing by comparison.

your personal view on this is weird and obviously skews the statistics in your favour for the table you've posted a few times.

What personal view? I've considered decisions that are incorrect by the laws of the game incorrect. That's not a personal view, that's a pretty basic starting point when counting incorrect decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back