2019 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embarrasing self recognition! Any proof on the 300 Senior games? I'd be very surprised.
Pretty ordinary mate! I can attest that Roota played plenty of good senior footy. Roots is also a keen supporter of country footy. I reckon it might be time to pull back on the personal sledges mate.

Held in high esteem on Big Footy? Something to really hang your hat on!
Mate you should put your cue in the rack and pursue something more accommodating of your obvious talents!

Why are you wasting time on Big Footy when it is clearly beneath your playing achievements and one where very few of us could offer an opinion that might rouse the interest of the great Dragon fly!

Roota how many clubs in the premiership window would be making inquiries to monfries?

Mate...the bloke would be one of if not the best player in the league if he was playing in a side that had even just a few players around him. I was impressed with him as a player but even more so as a bloke after hearing him with his team mates

I’d give him whatever he wanted to go and play up at home

Mate...the bloke would be one of if not the best player in the league if he was playing in a side that had even just a few players around him. I was impressed with him as a player but even more so as a bloke after hearing him with his team mates

I’d give him whatever he wanted to go and play up at home
Thought you had no points left as it was Roota. What would u do? Move a couple more on their way to fit him in?

Im just reading about sharp on the add website, was he ever in the pios? There seems to have been a number of gun players over the years that have slipped through the pios system
Mark Lloyd
Clayton Anderson
Ryan osullivan
Danny obree
Brad Carroll
Rhys Archers
Roota
To name a few

Im just reading about sharp on the add website, was he ever in the pios? There seems to have been a number of gun players over the years that have slipped through the pios system
Mark Lloyd
Clayton Anderson
Ryan osullivan
Danny obree
Brad Carroll
Rhys Archers
Roota
To name a few

Archard was definitely on a pioneers list at one stage or another.

Was a funny one Rhys...was always in junior interleague squads but turned into a star when he left Cohuna..if the attitude to mature age recruits was the same as I’d is now he would have played AFL after winning his Magary Medal

He was picked up by I think Adelaide, as a rookie. For some reason I thought he might have played a game or two, but am probably incorrect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't remember rhys playing pios ringo, but I was surprised he was not their first rover or at least in the fwd pocket, I reckon he played a couple of games for the essendon bombers twos as well.

As long as I can remember he has been a star, I remember way back to primary school footy, and he was a year younger than us and he slaughtered us for st Mary's cohuna, I remember lloydy and I made a beeline for him at the end of the game as we were in awe of his performance.

I think your memory of rhys as a player, may have got a bit hazy over time roots or he just put his best games in against kerang, as in 99 he got runner up in the league goalkicking in the 3rds (kicked about 70) playing as a rover, he and paul Reid were as thick as thieves and both should have played afl, but he has been a super country footy player, who just knows where to run to get the footy and knows where the goals are

Rhys played a few games at the Pioneers and a couple of Pre Season games for the Adelaide Crows. He was course to debut for the crows but told Neil Craig that it wasn’t for him.

As mentioned in pre season young has the gisborne dogs absolutely humming , it all seems to be clicking into gear for the dogs some very good recruiting of star one point players has made a massive difference.
And as also mentioned pat mckenna is a absolute jet !
Going the early crow and saying he will win the comp medal 🏅

As mentioned in pre season young has the gisborne dogs absolutely humming , it all seems to be clicking into gear for the dogs some very good recruiting of star one point players has made a massive difference.
And as also mentioned pat mckenna is a absolute jet !
Going the early crow and saying he will win the comp medal 🏅

A week can be a long time in football H. However I agree Gisborne are a good team, but Storm are in a class of their own at the moment and it is wide open as to who will play them in the grand final. It won't be easy to get past Square and Eaglehawk.

So good to see the improvement and wins from Maryborough...I hope the change of coach doesn’t set them back because that bloke has done a huge job.

On the other hand...what can be done to help Castlemaine?

So good to see the improvement and wins from Maryborough...I hope the change of coach doesn’t set them back because that bloke has done a huge job.

On the other hand...what can be done to help Castlemaine?

Every year Castlemaine announce a list of new recruits. Angus Monfries aside, have any of them impressed? Their best players (in the BFNL website) are always the likes of Matt Filo and Jake O'Brien.

It must be sole destroying to be a Castlemaine supporter. I don't want to see them leave the BFNL, but if they cannot improve soon I think they will have to - or do something radical like merge with Maryborough.

Agree Roota. Ben Lavars has done an amazing job improving the team. The work done on and off the field is starting to pay dividends although still some way to go. They even won without Stewart Crameri. Hopefully Lavars will stay on as a player in 2020. As for Castlemaine they are in deep trouble. Footy in the immediate area is in a fair bit of trouble as seen by the situation at Campbell's Creek - maybe Castlemaine and Creek should look at a merge although I don't think that is going to solve the problem as the talent pool in the region is heavily diluted due to so many clubs and competing interests.

Filo has been cleared to Eaglehawk - may be lining up this weekend. Despite his off field antics his recruitment could be a game changer. Let’s hope that he performs well on field (like he can) and stays off the drink off field. Raiders moved him on very quickly despite his ability.

Would have been great to see him line up at Castlemaine although its highly likely they cant afford him.

Filo has been cleared to Eaglehawk - may be lining up this weekend. Despite his off field antics his recruitment could be a game changer. Let’s hope that he performs well on field (like he can) and stays off the drink off field. Raiders moved him on very quickly despite his ability.

Would have been great to see him line up at Castlemaine although its highly likely they cant afford him.

Won’t play footy for his old man these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back