2019 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be a good Comp again might even get a touch stronger. Eaglehawk appear to have topped up well, Strath look set to go again, Connick is a proven Coach and the Dragons still have a good core group, Gisborne building well, Kang Flat have had a promising recruiting period and South are probably an unknown I watched Win Sport and they had some vision of the Bloods training didn't mention a lot about recruiting although Horbury is likely to be one of the better recruits coming into the Comp. Unsure on how things are coming together at Kyneton.

Although they have picked up some good recruits the Dragons have also lost some really good players such as Codie Price and Tim Martin. One they will really miss is Zeb Broadbent going to Natte Bealiba. (Great pick up for them). I thought he was outstanding last year.

Although they have picked up some good recruits the Dragons have also lost some really good players such as Codie Price and Tim Martin. One they will really miss is Zeb Broadbent going to Natte Bealiba. (Great pick up for them). I thought he was outstanding last year.
Yeah the Broadbent loss is really disappointing for the Dragons would of hoped he would have played a couple of more years. Very good player. Seems like Kyneton are leaking bad now I see Mounts have a few and Jayden Exell is playing down Geelong way just a few I know off my head but was always going to be hard to re set after the financial breakdown.

Yeah the Broadbent loss is really disappointing for the Dragons would of hoped he would have played a couple of more years. Very good player. Seems like Kyneton are leaking bad now I see Mounts have a few and Jayden Exell is playing down Geelong way just a few I know off my head but was always going to be hard to re set after the financial breakdown.

Good comments Dragon Fly. With expected improvement in Square and Gisborne, and it appears Kangaroo Flat, I don't think too many expect to see the Kyneton Tigers in this years finals.

I have to say one thing positive about them though, Their coach Luke Beattie is clearly a great club man. He is there in good times and bad. Guys like him in country football are becoming a rare breed. It is good the club is sticking with him.

I believe there's a couple of other Kyneton boys heading down our way in the Bellarine. Jack Exell to Queenscliff and Jake Ward to Ocean Grove. Jayden Exell is at Leopold in the Geelong league. Interested in your thoughts on them please.

I believe there's a couple of other Kyneton boys heading down our way in the Bellarine. Jack Exell to Queenscliff and Jake Ward to Ocean Grove. Jayden Exell is at Leopold in the Geelong league. Interested in your thoughts on them please.

If Kyneton are losing Jake Ward then they really are 'leaking bad' as Dragon Fly said. He would be welcome in any major league. Great mark and can play in key positions either end of the ground.

Looks like they are still keeping mangin, the governs and picked up orr, they should still be competitive against the lower and middle ranked sides

Good comments Dragon Fly. With expected improvement in Square and Gisborne, and it appears Kangaroo Flat, I don't think too many expect to see the Kyneton Tigers in this years finals.

I have to say one thing positive about them though, Their coach Luke Beattie is clearly a great club man. He is there in good times and bad. Guys like him in country football are becoming a rare breed. It is good the club is sticking with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone heard if angus monfries has signed up with the maine, similar to big bad bustling barry putting pen to paper at harcourt
word is angus is good mates with 1 of the filos --- maybe shawn .... while back since i heard so maybe its fallen thru

word is, coming down our way, coach luke beattie and ex FF nathan thompson are both pulling boots back on for kyneton tiges
money very tight down here and 2018 tiges players leaving in droves

word is, coming down our way, coach luke beattie and ex FF nathan thompson are both pulling boots back on for kyneton tiges
money very tight down here and 2018 tiges players leaving in droves

They are back in a world of hurt down at Tigerland.

Hearing that big recruit James Orr has pulled the pin

They are back in a world of hurt down at Tigerland.

Hearing that big recruit James Orr has pulled the pin
Obviously didnt learn their lesson the first time, beattie and thompson both over 40 ?
Overspent and underachieved i would say , what was the ridiculous figure they spent on the scoreboard again ?

Surely if things are tight you dont going blowing cash on things like that, can see them taking a slide down the ladder and highly doubt they will trouble many

Obviously didnt learn their lesson the first time, beattie and thompson both over 40 ?
Overspent and underachieved i would say , what was the ridiculous figure they spent on the scoreboard again ?

Surely if things are tight you dont going blowing cash on things like that, can see them taking a slide down the ladder and highly doubt they will trouble many
Major problem at the tiges is that they are run by those that only hold committee positions to ensure the right of passage for their own offspring. O'Sullivan will only serve long enough to see if young Jack (who by the way very talented but selfish) makes it into the big league, whilst his older brothers do as they wish, coming and going every other week in order to advance themselves before the club, Davies and Strawhorn were others , At junior level I get it, it's natural at senior level that's another thing all together.
Latest thing they want to spend their bailout money on, is updating the canteen.
What they really need to spend money on at that club is a mediator that is able to put to bed the rift between the old North and South, Public and Private school backgrounds, culture at this club stinks.

Major problem at the tiges is that they are run by those that only hold committee positions to ensure the right of passage for their own offspring. O'Sullivan will only serve long enough to see if young Jack (who by the way very talented but selfish) makes it into the big league, whilst his older brothers do as they wish, coming and going every other week in order to advance themselves before the club, Davies and Strawhorn were others , At junior level I get it, it's natural at senior level that's another thing all together.
Latest thing they want to spend their bailout money on, is updating the canteen.
What they really need to spend money on at that club is a mediator that is able to put to bed the rift between the old North and South, Public and Private school backgrounds, culture at this club stinks.

I believe mediators and or welfare officers at clubs are extremely important areas where clubs need to look to the future and ensure they have good people in these roles. However knowing the vital role they can have in a club and finding the people to volunteer to these roles with specified job expectations is another thing.
The issue with Kyneton from your perspective Vision is beyond them even thinking they have a problem in the first place.????

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn't thommo coaching the thirds, he and egg will still get a competitive side on the park, although it looks good for the league with all sides that missed finals looking like they will improve, and the ins for the league appear better than most other country leagues who are struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back