List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is quite a bit of discussion on North Melbourne's and Carlton's boards that Papley is very gettable and looking to move to Victoria. Any rumours floating around on the Swans board about that as it would be a huge loss for us if true?

Also rumours that Florent is interested in going back, and North have made enquiries about Cunningham (though there is no real evidence Cunningham has asked to go to another club, just that North have enquired about him).
Given North's strike rate at signing players they're after I think we're safe.

Everyone has a price, if Carlton offers their first surely we’d consider it (we should)
Pick 12s this decade:
2018: Zak Butters
2017: Darcy Fogarty
2016: Jy Simpkin
2015: Charlie Curnow
2014: Corey Ellis
2013: Ben Lennon
2012: Kristian Jaksch
2011: Sam Docherty
2010: Lucas Cook

Papley is almost in All-Australian form, I'd be mortified if we traded him for Ben Lennon or Lucas Cook. Realistically you'd trade him for 2/9 players on that list. Maybe even 1/9 when you consider Docherty's knee problems.

Trading pick 12 for Papley would be taking a huge chance with statistically little chance of it paying off. With a year left on his contract and him being a heart and soul player, I'd much rather just keep him, thanks.

Pick 12s this decade:
2018: Zak Butters
2017: Darcy Fogarty
2016: Jy Simpkin
2015: Charlie Curnow
2014: Corey Ellis
2013: Ben Lennon
2012: Kristian Jaksch
2011: Sam Docherty
2010: Lucas Cook

Papley is almost in All-Australian form, I'd be mortified if we traded him for Ben Lennon or Lucas Cook. Realistically you'd trade him for 2/9 players on that list. Maybe even 1/9 when you consider Docherty's knee problems.

Trading pick 12 for Papley would be taking a huge chance with statistically little chance of it paying off. With a year left on his contract and him being a heart and soul player, I'd much rather just keep him, thanks.

Agreed. We know exactly what we will get with Papley, and what we will get is damned good. From that list above we have a 60% chance at best of finding a player who will even make it at an AFL level and even if he does there is a 50% chance again of him not being as good as Papley is.

No way. Papley would be worth a pick in the 8 to 10 range.

Don't forget that Papley is on track for a 40 goal season, and he is also spending large portions of his time in the midfield too.

8 or 12, might be an upgrade in the later round. As I said I’d prefer to keep the bloke but if he wishes to go (and I’m against keeping anyone who doesn’t want to be here), then dealing with Carlton isn’t the worst. I repeat though I want him to stay.

North are interested in Papley, and Swans interested in Simpkin so a deal could possibly be done. I would not like it though.

I’d sure as anything want a good sweetener if that’s the case- rather take their first and give them something on top if it comes to that.

North are interested in Papley, and Swans interested in Simpkin so a deal could possibly be done. I would not like it though.

You’ve been on our board to know that Jy would never be part of that deal.

Mason Wood on the other hand????( plus a draft pick of course)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d sure as anything want a good sweetener if that’s the case- rather take their first and give them something on top if it comes to that.
You would rather take a chance on a complete unknown than a 21-year-old who is already playing good AFL football? Interesting logic there.

We'd get something more in return in that deal. Not that it matters anyway. He's not going anywhere.

You’ve been on our board to know that Jy would never be part of that deal.

Mason Wood on the other hand????( plus a draft pick of course)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Think we'd want the North player we're apparently after if we're giving up Papley, to be honest. Won't happen anyway.

You would rather take a chance on a complete unknown than a 21-year-old who is already playing good AFL football? Interesting logic there.

We'd get something more in return in that deal. Not that it matters anyway. He's not going anywhere.

I don’t rate Simpkin period. Vanilla to say the least. His injury has hurt him pre draft and I don’t see what the big promise is with him. Don’t see him ever being a full time mid and that’s an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please don't leave us Papley :'(:eek::'(

The Bloods are in your DNA
I saw your grandfathers play (coughs, splutters, looks for hearing aids and glasses).
Max used to change the scoreboard at Lake oval before he played for us.
lake-oval-press-box-scoreboard.jpg

Please Tom

Also with Buddy, McCartin, Blakey and Reid we really are not in the market for another tall forward.

Agreed although Wood is more your 3rd small/tall fwd. We have Hayward though who is better and the same type.

I don’t rate Simpkin period. Vanilla to say the least. His injury has hurt him pre draft and I don’t see what the big promise is with him. Don’t see him ever being a full time mid and that’s an issue.
Lol Simpkin has been great over the last month. His performances over the season are almost comparable to Florent, although I'd say Florent has been slightly better.

Not sure Papley would be eligible for Norf. He is close to being an A Grade Player and therefore a big fish. Norf's big fish campaign has only resulted in landing over-priced minnows (Hartung, Waite, Pittard) and the odd B Grader - Polec.

Lol Simpkin has been great over the last month. His performances over the season are almost comparable to Florent, although I'd say Florent has been slightly better.

Simpkin has been alright but my question still remains- is he ever going to be a full time mid? Doubtful in my view. Don’t want another fwd/mid type. We have enough of them.

Simpkin has been alright but my question still remains- is he ever going to be a full time mid? Doubtful in my view. Don’t want another fwd/mid type. We have enough of them.
You changed your tune quick.
I don’t rate Simpkin period. Vanilla to say the least.
What do you base him not being able to play full-time mid on anyway? He gets around the field just fine (about equal positions in the front and back half) and wins more than enough contested possessions.

You changed your tune quick.

What do you base him not being able to play full-time mid on anyway? He gets around the field just fine (about equal positions in the front and back half) and wins more than enough contested possessions.

Not really vanilla to me is that hybrid sort of mid/sort of forward. Don’t get me wrong I think he’ll be a good fwd with spurts in the middle but we have Hayward among others there. What’s the point? Rather just take their first (with say a late 2nd going their way).

This is all a waste of time, Papley won’t leave (extremely unlikely) and North won’t trade Simpkin.

So he's worth more than Mitchell. humm
Mitchell was out of contract and the club he was going to didn't have a high pick. Paps isn't out of contract and the club he's hypothetically (but isn't) going to does have top picks.

#equalisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back