List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

i vaguely remember when his dad came on here trying to defend him, i think after he got delisted by us. that was a weird time.
dude related to nothing on the footy field, and it's embarrassing how he's trying to stay relevant by dragging us through the mud.

Did he come on when Port had promised to pick him up and then reneged on the deal and then he was lucky to get a gig for the Blues.

Has gotten a big head of recent times and needs to get a grip on reality.

I saw him pull out of a marking contest v Port Adelaide. Didn't watch every Richmond game but if he's such a big part of their success why is he the player they are prepared to lose and their fans don't seem to be too upset about it 🤔
Rightly or wrongly Ellis is the Richmond fans whipping boy yes he can sometimes pull up short or hear footsteps but after it he goes in hard the next time to try and make up for it. Fans feel like we have players coming through who can play a similar role and free up cap space.

Miles has been more than serviceable as a player who couldn't crack it at the Tigers but has done well for us. He isn't a sexy player, but he does a good job. There are people there that could do a job that can't crack into top 4-6 teams across the league. You can't automatically dismiss anyone like that. Otherwise our potential list of incomings shortens considerably.
Miles was best 22 at Richmond until we picked up Prestia off your team and Prestia is just a much better version of miles so he found himself in the vfl. Miles is the classic case of too good for state level football and try’s his guts out in the seniors the problem Richmond had with miles is he’s slow and didn’t really cover the ground well great at winning a clearance or hard ball but as soon as the ball is on the spread he’s left behind.

Hearing from someone here in Melbourne we are looking at Connor Menadue from Richmond.
Connor is an interesting player has elite speed and pretty good endurance has good skills and is too good for vfl level but when he’s gotten afl games for the most part has struggled with finding the ball or easily muscled off the ball richmond fans are hoping he steps up and takes Ellis spot when he leaves. Also seemed to turn the corner in the vfl finals available to watch on the 7app
Qf vs Essendon 20 disposals 2 goals

Pf vs port Melbourne 27 disposals 3 goals

We have a few players in our vfl side who could play seniors at a few clubs

Ellis has been one of Richmond’s best. Put his body on the line too a few times.
Had a ripper game did Ellis the coaches and team mates love him he runs all day is a neat kick and does the team thing

One thing about Ellis is we're adding a guy that can play extended time on field. Averaged 89% TOG this season.

The best teams have midfielders that can play 85-90% game time allowing their weakest to play ~60% TOG
We don't have that luxury with Miles (73%), Swallow (79%), Fiorini (78%), Macpherson (81%), Bowes (74% - injury affected), Brodie (74%) all pretty low.
Is the fittest player at Richmond wins all our time trials and runs the most distance etc he’s great in that regard also doesn’t get injured

watch when brandon ellis pulls a lin jong when the tigers win the premiership and takes a paycut to stay.
Won’t happen he’s taken unders most of his career would sign the first deal we offered but now with one premiership potentially 2 and being 26 this is his last big deal he needs to maximise $

I saw a Carlton poster saying today that they had a deal in place with Ellis, but apparently he asked for more money when they lost out on Coniglio. And then they passed on him. Whether that's true or BS, their loss is the Suns' gain. Yes, he's a mercenary who was looking for the highest bidder, and the Suns had to overpay a bit, but best 22 veterans don't grow on trees, this is a very good addition and shows that the Suns are capable of attracting notable players in FA.
The thing you have to all realise about Brandon Ellis is family is first and basically everything for him he grew up hard family extremely poor all lived in a small flat in coburg he’s seen people he’s grown up with go to jail and be killed, he is the main bread winner for all of his family he supports them all he’s turning 26 this is is last contract he has to maximise $ to support his family Richmond could only offer 350x3 suns 600x5

So he’s not the money hungry mercenary portrayed he’s a family man who puts them first second and third

The suns are getting a solid b grade footballer who will run all day who can play in more than one position who will be a role model on and off the track for the young boys and who his team mates absolutely love

Rightly or wrongly Ellis is the Richmond fans whipping boy yes he can sometimes pull up short or hear footsteps but after it he goes in hard the next time to try and make up for it. Fans feel like we have players coming through who can play a similar role and free up cap space.

Miles was best 22 at Richmond until we picked up Prestia off your team and Prestia is just a much better version of miles so he found himself in the vfl. Miles is the classic case of too good for state level football and try’s his guts out in the seniors the problem Richmond had with miles is he’s slow and didn’t really cover the ground well great at winning a clearance or hard ball but as soon as the ball is on the spread he’s left behind.

Connor is an interesting player has elite speed and pretty good endurance has good skills and is too good for vfl level but when he’s gotten afl games for the most part has struggled with finding the ball or easily muscled off the ball richmond fans are hoping he steps up and takes Ellis spot when he leaves. Also seemed to turn the corner in the vfl finals available to watch on the 7app
Qf vs Essendon 20 disposals 2 goals

Pf vs port Melbourne 27 disposals 3 goals

We have a few players in our vfl side who could play seniors at a few clubs

Had a ripper game did Ellis the coaches and team mates love him he runs all day is a neat kick and does the team thing

Is the fittest player at Richmond wins all our time trials and runs the most distance etc he’s great in that regard also doesn’t get injured

Won’t happen he’s taken unders most of his career would sign the first deal we offered but now with one premiership potentially 2 and being 26 this is his last big deal he needs to maximise $

The thing you have to all realise about Brandon Ellis is family is first and basically everything for him he grew up hard family extremely poor all lived in a small flat in coburg he’s seen people he’s grown up with go to jail and be killed, he is the main bread winner for all of his family he supports them all he’s turning 26 this is is last contract he has to maximise $ to support his family Richmond could only offer 350x3 suns 600x5

So he’s not the money hungry mercenary portrayed he’s a family man who puts them first second and third

The suns are getting a solid b grade footballer who will run all day who can play in more than one position who will be a role model on and off the track for the young boys and who his team mates absolutely love

What other position can he play?
A number of your supporters have slandered his ability to play half back.

If we get him for 550k as the article reads - I'm ok with that price.

What other position can he play?
A number of your supporters have slandered his ability to play half back.

If we get him for 550k as the article reads - I'm ok with that price.
His best position is on a wing but he can play down back if needed

GC Sharks would have been a good solid name, I would be happy with it.

If you play well then I think the name is irrelevant. You make the name by your play.

Would happily be called the 'Gold Coast Lilly Pillys' if we played hard competitive footy for 4 quarters and won a lot of games.
And if we did play like that, strongly suspect we would all love the name and be out planting Lilly Pillys everywhere.

If you play well then I think the name is irrelevant. You make the name by your play.

Would happily be called the 'Gold Coast Lilly Pillys' if we played hard competitive footy for 4 quarters and won a lot of games.
And if we did play like that, strongly suspect we would all love the name and be out planting Lilly Pillys everywhere.

If they did want to change the name I don't think there would be too many people up inn arms given all the past successes that have been associated with the Sun's brand. Some may even say it was part of a cleansing process for past sins.

If they did want to change the name I don't think there would be too many people up inn arms given all the past successes that have been associated with the Sun's brand. Some may even say it was part of a cleansing process for past sins.
It would be a nice fresh start of sorts. And if you do well under the new name it'll be embraced quickly, like Fremantle's image rebrand in 2010 after all the struggle in the previous era.

Back at the start, the AFL wanted to simply call us the Gold Coast Football Club with no nickname. There was even a press release explaining that many English Premier league clubs didn't have an official nickname.. the press release went out after it got leaked.. the public thought it was a shit idea and it got shelved.
Another archival fact is at an old North Melbourne game at Carrara a survey was issued with four choices, one was the Ibis' (which was meant to be the joke answer) I didn't mind it. I wish we did play like pests that shit over everything.
However my favourite was the GC Stingrays, awesome name like our junior rep teams and an iconic animal in these parts. I'm not sure if the name still had negative conatations due to Steve Irwin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knightmare giving the Suns a serve and saying pretty much Lukosius will be nothing while @ the Suns

Hope the players don’t feel the same way.

last year he was saying Luko was a clear number 1 and a better player than Walsh & Rankine.
He’ll now use his usual Suns can’t develop players BS as his out.
There are 3 ex Suns playing today who never had an issue developing at our club......

last year he was saying Luko was a clear number 1 and a better player than Walsh & Rankine.
He’ll now use his usual Suns can’t develop players BS as his out.
There are 3 ex Suns playing today who never had an issue developing at our club......
Knightmare ?
Yeah, the guy has his Melbourne Media pass now so he's joined the bully boys down there and loves taking a swing at a Club he knows less than zero about
Probably boasts about ripping into us with Sam Landsberger
He has a great name though because as far as anything he writes about us is concerned he has a continuous one - 'mare that is
He's desperate to be liked by Melbourne Media and nothing says acceptance down therelike hacking into The Suns

He's only funny when he is taking the piss out of himself / life of a footballer.

He's no comedian.
I had a son who was in the academy at the same time as Gorringe and it was weird going into the transportables facilities and thinking this is an AFL club there was no aura at all so can see his frustrations. The facilities now are light years ahead, if the AFL wants the suns to improve their ladder position the simple thing is to create a home ground advantage, play all the Metricon games at midday in the warm months of the season and get them to train in the heat over summer. The Melbourne clubs especially would struggle with this and probably result in at least 7 wins for the club

Back at the start, the AFL wanted to simply call us the Gold Coast Football Club with no nickname. There was even a press release explaining that many English Premier league clubs didn't have an official nickname.. the press release went out after it got leaked.. the public thought it was a s**t idea and it got shelved.
Another archival fact is at an old North Melbourne game at Carrara a survey was issued with four choices, one was the Ibis' (which was meant to be the joke answer) I didn't mind it. I wish we did play like pests that s**t over everything.
However my favourite was the GC Stingrays, awesome name like our junior rep teams and an iconic animal in these parts. I'm not sure if the name still had negative conatations due to Steve Irwin.
Gold Coast Sharks would of been the best result imo

Dont know why you were not allowed to use that , I know south port sharks are a footy club but its a different league and we have Werribee Tigers and Richmond Tigers in the VFL

Anyone watching the U17 futures game on the AFL website? Looking bright for the Suns. Alex Davies playing pretty well and winning the ball in the guts. Also if the Darwin zone comes through, Joel Jeffrey from Wanderers has taken some good marks up forward.

Since Davies may be a top 10 pick, and there are a few SA players looking very impressive today, I think it would be a smart move for the Suns to trade their 2020 first if it can shake Crouch loose from Adelaide.

We don't need to give out participation ribbons in this thread
I have no idea what point you're trying to make anymore. My point is a refresh of the club branding can be a good thing, a clean break.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back