Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taranto would be interesting - the last player we got who killed it in a losing GF side the season prior did okay.

Ironically he is probably the Giants 6th best midfielder. lol

1. Coniglio
2. Whitfield
3. Kelly
4. Greene
5. Ward
6. Taranto

How come we are not talking about a gunston direct trade for pick 2 or 3? Is it his age? Seems we are over paying packaging smith/shiels plus gunston plus pick 11..

I’ll extend on my thoughts here mate sorry.

Gunston & a future first roughly works on points for pick 2

Smith & Shiels to GC could be done for 15 & 20 with pick 30/47 going back or something.

Absolutely gets GC off the canvas, Gil will be happy & a culture can finally be established with the young stars that are already there. It’s a Fagan & Hodge type move for GC.

It secures Anderson because he is elite not a Hawthorn love story. #2

It secures Maginness who will do a Clayton Oliver at the draft #15! (Push back pick 20)

We can get someone like Kemp if he slides, Robertson or Stephens for some outside class #11

After matching for Finn I’d expect someone like Dylan Williams or my guy outside the top 20, Brock Smith

That is the next decade sorted when you add Worpell, Mitch Lewis, Hardwick, Scrimshaw, Impey & for the next 5 at least Wingard, Mitchell, Jags, Sicily & Breust to round out the A grade talent.

Patton, TO, Cegs, Scully & a couple of others make 14-16 best 22 with a handful of guys to make the full list that should include both Anderson & another draftee... about 18

Howe, CJ, Morrison, Moore, Hanrahan, Kozi, Nash & Glass, Ross & Walker should build on their careers & push for selection.

It’s time for the “next wave” & this is the draft to do it while we have the resources to make it happen.

Whatever the trade/s is/are, I hope we go hard at this draft.

People will say we would be trading the leadership, heart & soul of the club but the leadership will come from the likes of Mitchell, Jags ect & the heart & soul of the club is the combination of people throughout the playing group, coaches & club staff; not to mention the supporters getting behind a new look team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see in 15 years time Taranto being better than all those players when it’s said and done. Only 21 years old.
Yes, but Taranto gets them a really good return right now, and then they still have Green and Hopper to call on immediately in 2020 and for the next 5+ years.

If we got all the way to holding pick 2 and we give it away I’ll be upset. We need elite juniors on our list.
Ha! And what exactly is Taranto is he’s not an elite junior? *

*not saying we are getting Taranto for those who get easily excited.

How come we are not talking about a gunston direct trade for pick 2 or 3? Is it his age? Seems we are over paying packaging smith/shiels plus gunston plus pick 11..
Because we're traded 3-5 years of a very good hff for 15 years of the next Judd.

If we got all the way to holding pick 2 and we give it away I’ll be upset. We need elite juniors on our list.
Taranto was pick 2 in his draft. And unlike this years pick 2, he’s proven himself at AFL level. He’s worth more than pick 2 because he is not speculative. He’s what you desperately hope pick 2 in a draft can be.

Could that midfielder be Steele Sidebottom? The Pies are looking to get back into the first round of the draft and they have a stack of midfielders.

it could be ...i am still no closer to hearing a name

we can all guess for now haha.. I think Gaff,Billings,Heeney would be a nice conversation that fit our needs and a good age.

I just spoke to a mate who coaches in the NAB and Vic M.. said interest is very real for a top 10 pick for Finn, whilst that’s not a guarantee it’s obvious his stocks on the rise.

Not sure what the point of him attending the combine was, surely the club park that on his behalf? Crazy stuff imo
As much as we hope to get someone for a bargain, we surely can’t be suggesting that we or he compromise the system?
The boy has the chance to continue to show his wares against the best youngsters in the country. One of the biggest opportunities in his life to date. Well done to him, go hard and set the standard we will expect when he wears the brown and gold next year. Go Hawks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back