Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to give more than that, to get Patton, Bonar and Pick 60

Well, we ain't got much else to trade with. Hmmmmmmm how about:

Hawthorn Out: Pick 11 (Total 1329 points)
Hawthorn In: Pick 23 and Pick 28 (Total 1492 points)

Adelaide Out: Pick 23 and Pick 28 (Total 1492 points)
Adelaide In: Pick 11 (Total 1329 points)

Hawthorn Out: Pittonet and Pick 50
Hawthorn In: Pick 43 and Pick 72

Carton Out: Pick 43 and Pick 72
Carlton In: Pittonet and Pick 50

Hawthorn Out: Pick 30 and Pick 43
Hawthorn In: Patton, Bonar and Pick 60

GWS Out: Patton, Bonar and Pick 60
GWS In: Pick 30 and Pick 43

Hawthorn Out: Future third round
Hawthorn In: Frost

Melbourne Out: Frost
Melbourne In: Future third round

Hawthorn: Patton, Bonar, Frost, Pick 23, Pick 28, Pick 60, Pick 72, Pick 87 and Pick 92. (Total 1657 points)

Really want us to have a selection before someone bids on Maguiness so we can end up with two top 20 picks, but guess we need the work with what we have.

*Edit

Last edited:

Hawthorn Out: Pick 28 and Pick 30

GWS In: Pick 28 and Pick 30

Hawthorn: Patton, Bonar, Frost, Pick 23, Pick 43, Pick 72, Pick 87 and Pick 92. (Total 1212 points)

Really want us to have a selection before someone bids on Maguiness so we can end up with two top 20 picks, but guess we need the work with what we have.
Pick 28 and 30 is way too much for Patton bonar and 60.

Hawthorn Out: Pick 28 and Pick 30

GWS In: Pick 28 and Pick 30

Hawthorn: Patton, Bonar, Frost, Pick 23, Pick 43, Pick 72, Pick 87 and Pick 92. (Total 1212 points)

No way on earth should we be ever trading pick #11. Stupid idea.
We need a way to get Finn and maintain that pick. Would be the first time in Donkey's we get a chance to draft two first round players.

While I agree and would love to pick up Dylan Stephens, I just don't know how to create the currency to get Patton, Frost and Bonar to the club and still have enough draft points to secure Maguiness.

While I agree and would love to pick up Dylan Stephens, I just don't know how to create the currency to get Patton, Frost and Bonar to the club and still have enough draft points to secure Maguiness.
Have any of the young midfielders GWS pushed out like Bonar done anything? I think they’re pretty good at choosing who gets let go. Matt Kennedy, Paul A’hearn, o’rourke spring to mind.
Buyer beware, I’d rather hit the draft.

Gwa
Have any of the young midfielders GWS pushed out like Bonar done anything? I think they’re pretty good at choosing who gets let go. Matt Kennedy, Paul A’hearn, o’rourke spring to mind.
gws arent pushing out bonar they want him to stay and he probably will. They rate him very highly.

Yeah it isnt that they want him out its that he isnt fitting into a midfield with Kelly, Coniglio, Hopper, Greene, Whitfield, Taranto and Caldwell etc etc

Reckon he would be a handy recruit but I am not upset either way

"They've (Hawthorn) put a proposal to us, now it's up to Grant to make his mind up. They've guaranteed him a playing contract so that's waiting there.

Quote from birchall manager in a wrap
we have offered one year contract. Lions n G.C also interested.

Last edited:
No way on earth should we be ever trading pick #11. Stupid idea.
We need a way to get Finn and maintain that pick. Would be the first time in Donkey's we get a chance to draft two first round players.

It may be live traded depending on how the picks fall before pick 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn Out: Pick 30 and Pick 43

GWS In: Pick 30 and Pick 43

Hawthorn: Patton, Bonar, Frost, Pick 23, Pick 28, Pick 60, Pick 72, Pick 87 and Pick 92. (Total 1657 points)

*Edit
Total points doesn’t work for higher picks. Higher the pick, greater chance of landing a gun. Also we need to use a 1st rounder this or next year. Splitting it for 2 2nd rounders seems counter productive

Total points doesn’t work for higher picks. Higher the pick, greater chance of landing a gun. Also we need to use a 1st rounder this or next year. Splitting it for 2 2nd rounders seems counter productive

We'll need to bid on Maguiness at some point and we need to find the points from somewhere. We have no tradeable players with any real value apart from Bruest, Gunston and Smith, who I don't see us trading. We don't have to use a first-round this year but understand that with the compromised draft next year it would be worthwhile using one this year rather than next.

My dream trade and draft period net us Dylan Stephens, Finn Maguiness, Jonathon Patton and Sam Frost. I have added Bonar as I believe he would be a good get and might be gettable if involved with the Patton deal where we would overpay a little for Patton to include Bonar, which was picks 28 and 30.

If we hold onto pick 11 and a Maguiness bid comes in after, where would you see the points coming from while still acquiring at least Patton and Frost?

Yeah it isnt that they want him out its that he isnt fitting into a midfield with Kelly, Coniglio, Hopper, Greene, Whitfield, Taranto and Caldwell etc etc

Reckon he would be a handy recruit but I am not upset either way
The fact that he’s clearly last in that pecking order is the worry.
GWS have always had that production line (with previously Shiel, Treloar and Adams in the team clogging up spots), and pushed out the young players they choose.
Maybe Bonar is different, but they’ve had 2 years to look at him, he’s the one they’ve chosen to let go, and they’re not asking that much.

If we hold onto pick 11 and a Maguiness bid comes in after, where would you see the points coming from while still acquiring at least Patton and Frost?
Frost for Pick 50.
11 & future 4th for Patton & 12
Future 3rd traded to WB for Pick 51
Forget Bonar

Take 11(what it will be after GWS match Green bid), 30 & 51 to the draft. 30 & 51 Prepares us for a late 1st round bid(Pick 15 onwards).

Last edited:
Quote is from Birchall's agent. Full story on the AFL web site.

Yeah saw it now.. disappointing really, would not like Birch to be playing ahead of Scrim.. but if Birch stays as an experienced head who plays when needed then I’m all for it.

Yeah saw it now.. disappointing really, would not like Birch to be playing ahead of Scrim.. but if Birch stays as an experienced head who plays when needed then I’m all for it.

I wonder if Birch has been told that his one year deal with us would see him as a depth option and that Scrimshaw would be ahead of him - hence why he’s looking at Brisbane/GC still.

I think with Impey missing a lot of next year we could certainly use the combination of Birchall and Scrimshaw.

Scrimshaw yet to play a full season too

I wonder if Birch has been told that his one year deal with us would see him as a depth option and that Scrimshaw would be ahead of him - hence why he’s looking at Brisbane/GC still.
Could the one year deal be a promise to rookie list him? As such, Brisbane and GC immediately become more attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back