Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Bruest & Gunners still play with that hunger every week?

They clearly don't. And this is what had killed us this season. Our kids rely on these guys delivering week in week out. You can throw Smith and Stratts in the same bucket. Multiple premiership players that have very little to play for these days.

Does this mean we trade them? I don't know. How ballsy does Clarko wanna be this year? I'll tell you at r23 when we know our final ladder position. It will determine a lot. I'm tipping if we miss finals, he'll burn the boats. I dont think he wants to carry blokes any longer who have lost the hunger. You can't trade them all, but it's got a bit of post season 2016 feel about it.

Expect the unexpected.

They clearly don't. And this is what had killed us this season. Our kids rely on these guys delivering week in week out. You can throw Smith and Stratts in the same bucket. Multiple premiership players that have very little to play for these days.

Does this mean we trade them? I don't know. How ballsy does Clarko wanna be this year? I'll tell you at r23 when we know our final ladder position. It will determine a lot. I'm tipping if we miss finals, he'll burn the boats. I dont think he wants to carry blokes any longer who have lost the hunger. You can't trade them all, but it's got a bit of post season 2016 feel about it.

Expect the unexpected.
I reckon that’s a bit rough. Gunners been playing injured and out of position and Breust is suffering being a small forward in an inexperienced forward line with no stability as players are in and out of the team every week, getting shithouse supply from the midfield. Both played well last year.

Last edited:
I reckon that’s a bit rough. Gunners been playing injured and out of position and Breust is suffering being a small forward in an inexperienced forward line with no stability as players are in and out of the team every week, getting s**thouse supply from the midfield. Both played well last year.
If it was a choice between trading Gunston or Breust then you keep Breust IMO. I think his game style will hold well into his early 30s. I love them both but if it was to net us Whitfield then you do it. Clarko is a ruthless SOB and he’s proven he’s not afraid to make the hard calls.

Nah, first time. I haven't read all 77 pages on the thread though...
Haha
I have :straining:

For some reason, I thought I’d read your post elsewhere - thought maybe it had been re-located from another thread etc.

Hypothetically, who do we have to bribe to get McLuggage to our club?
Look just fly me or someone I know up to Brissy. I'll find the after game night club that they are cutting lose at, then I'll slip a little drink spiking pill in his beverage, throw him into taxi back to the hotel room, where there will be a giant mirror coffee table with more lines of nose candy than a Columbian bucks party, where from there I'll film him with a one hundred dollar note being held to his nostril by some scantly clad ladyboy.
Then after he goes to sleep I'll clean up the room and he will wake up with a note next to himself suggesting that he should seek a trade to us when his next contract is due or someone gets the video of what he did last night.
The idea might have some holes in it but I could work on it.

Everything above was for entertainment purposes. Mostly.

Look just fly me or someone I know up to Brissy. I'll find the after game night club that they are cutting lose at, then I'll slip a little drink spiking pill in his beverage, throw him into taxi back to the hotel room, where there will be a giant mirror coffee table with more lines of nose candy than a Columbian bucks party, where from there I'll film him with a one hundred dollar note being held to his nostril by some scantly clad ladyboy.
Then after he goes to sleep I'll clean up the room and he will wake up with a note next to himself suggesting that he should seek a trade to us when his next contract is due or someone gets the video of what he did last night.

Any chance I can get you to organise my next party?

I’m in. I’ll hold the camera 👍🏽

If it was a choice between trading Gunston or Breust then you keep Breust IMO. I think his game style will hold well into his early 30s. I love them both but if it was to net us Whitfield then you do it. Clarko is a ruthless SOB and he’s proven he’s not afraid to make the hard calls.

Gunston & Breust for 5 years < Whitfield & Anderson for a decade

You need to give up something good to get quality in return. Players over 30 wont get you that. So really it leaves Gunston and Bruest as the most expendable assets. Players that get dropped every few weeks wont have trade currency so we can forget about packaging Cousins, Howe with picks to bring in marquee players. If you're trying to build a premiership side you need a committed group that have that hunger for the contest. Do Bruest & Gunners still play with that hunger every week?

Hard to say both kicked 50+ and were deserved All Australians last season in a team that had some reasonable ball movement.

This season in a disjointed team Bruest will kick his 40, is also high on goal assists and tackles inside forward 50, so I'm not sure you can ask to much more from a small forward with very limited service.

As for Gunston he's been below par, but also had a very interrupted pre season and combination with limited service who knows how much that's affected his performance.

2018 our leading goal kickers were Breust 54, Gunston51, Rough 34, Smith 26, Poppy 20 & Jags 16... 139 goal fwd line

I would argue that there is an unhealthy reliance on 2 guys to perform & the rest is a group of a retiree, trade bait & fading, a pressure/chase tail cliff & an improving midfielder in our system.

2019 to date...

Breust 28
Gunston 19
Lewis 12

2020 has a capacity of

Patton 25
Lewis 35
Wingard 30
Hardwick 30

Also considering Mitchell, Jaeger, Cogs & Worpell can all hit the scoreboard, Hanrahan & Nash to have more impact.

It all looks a little more post Buddy with Gunston & Breust not in the mix. Obviously that is not going to happen.

Yes we can have a crack with Breust & Gunston next season & in all likelihood we will but again, I would love to see the moves made now so we can secure Whitfield, get a first rd draft pick & Maginness & not compromise the draft in 2020 when we have a couple of top end kids supposed to be coming through the academy.

So...
Gunston to GC
Smith to the dogs
Breust to Melbourne

to me this makes sense for the other 3 teams as a good fit & lucrative for Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018 our leading goal kickers were Breust 54, Gunston51, Rough 34, Smith 26, Poppy 20 & Jags 16... 139 goal fwd line

I would argue that there is an unhealthy reliance on 2 guys to perform & the rest is a group of a retiree, trade bait & fading, a pressure/chase tail cliff & an improving midfielder in our system.

2019 to date...

Breust 28
Gunston 19
Lewis 12

2020 has a capacity of

Patton 25
Lewis 35
Wingard 30
Hardwick 30

Also considering Mitchell, Jaeger, Cogs & Worpell can all hit the scoreboard, Hanrahan & Nash to have more impact.

It all looks a little more post Buddy with Gunston & Breust not in the mix. Obviously that is not going to happen.

Yes we can have a crack with Breust & Gunston next season & in all likelihood we will but again, I would love to see the moves made now so we can secure Whitfield, get a first rd draft pick & Maginness & not compromise the draft in 2020 when we have a couple of top end kids supposed to be coming through the academy.

So...
Gunston to GC
Smith to the dogs
Breust to Melbourne

to me this makes sense for the other 3 teams as a good fit & lucrative for Hawthorn.

You lost me at "Nash to have more impact"

I reckon that’s a bit rough. Gunners been playing injured and out of position and Breust is suffering being a small forward in an inexperienced forward line with no stability as players are in and out of the team every week, getting s**thouse supply from the midfield. Both played well last year.
A lot of those guys let the ball out of the area too easy these days. Theyve climbed the mountain and now the message is getting old.
We’ve got 9 players over 30 and you want to get rid of 2 that are under who could easily be a part of our next flag???
So who do you give up to get something good back? and don't say and over 30..

2019 to date...

Breust 28
Gunston 19
Lewis 12

2020 has a capacity of

Patton 25
Lewis 35
Wingard 30
Hardwick 30

So...
Gunston to GC
Smith to the dogs
Breust to Melbourne

This is wild. Gunston becomes so much better when he gets to play with 2 genuine key forwards again. Melbourne are the team that are screaming out for him and if they want to give us pick 2 we may do it but not sure I do it any other way.

Of the 3 I think Smith (obviously) is the most likely to leave and head to the Dogs and if we get their second rounder for that I think we do it.

Whitfield is a free agent next year and from all reports won't be signing another deal at the Giants. Why not what 12 months and take him as a free agent?

Why not what 12 months and take him as a free agent?

Purely because of the value to trade back in the draft with GWS so they can secure Green with a high draft pick.

Hypothetically - If Melbourne or GC bite we could trade that back & 24 with to GWS for 14 & Whitfield.

Another hypothetical scenario because I'm procrastinating. Picks are a rough indication and I think the trades are made with Hawthorn coloured glasses. I also don't want to trade Cegs but think he'd be looking for more opportunity and security.

Free Agency
Stephen Coniglio

Trade
Pick 48 --> (GWS) Jonathon Patton
Jonathon Ceglar --> (Carlton) Pick 50
James Cousins + Pick 50 --> (Sydney) Pick 42 + Pick 59
Issac Smith + 2020 Fourth Round Selection --> (WB) Pick 27
2020 First Round Selection --> (Fremantle) Bradley Hill
Pick 28 --> (Adelaide) Hugh Greenwood + 2020 Fourth Round Selection

Draft
Pick 9 - Fischer McAsey
Pick 27 + Pick 42 - Finn Maginness
Pick 59 - Karl Finlay (anyone really)
Rookie Upgrade: Oliver Hanrahan
Rookie Upgrade: Connor Nash

2020 Round 1 Best 22
B: Stratton Frawley Burgoyne
HB: Hardwick Sicily Scrimshaw
C: Hill Coniglio Scully
HF: Wingard Lewis Gunston
F: Bruest Patton Hanrahan
Fol: McEvoy Mitchell O’Meara
Int: Sheils Worpel Henderson O’Brien
Emg: Howe Greenwood Nash Birchall
Inj: Impey

With our sudden need for inside mids and key forwards appearing to be over with our likely recruitment of Cogs and Finn and development of O'Brien and Lewis it appears our only real area of concern is now leg speed. With Impey most likely missing most of next season it has become more concerning. Does anyone have any ideas on who might be available outside the obvious in Hill who I doubt we can afford with Cogs and maybe Patton coming in on big money. Any moneyball guys that we can put the Hawks polish on? I'm struggling to think of anyone to fill this area of need who might fit the criteria of coming cheap with the potential to burn it up.

With our sudden need for inside mids and key forwards appearing to be over with our likely recruitment of Cogs and Finn and development of O'Brien and Lewis it appears our only real area of concern is now leg speed. With Impey most likely missing most of next season it has become more concerning. Does anyone have any ideas on who might be available outside the obvious in Hill who I doubt we can afford with Cogs and maybe Patton coming in on big money. Any moneyball guys that we can put the Hawks polish on? I'm struggling to think of anyone to fill this area of need who might fit the criteria of coming cheap with the potential to burn it up.
Karl Amon

Jayden Hunt from Melbourne

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back