Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still head scratching why we haven’t committed but whatever... sounds like he’s gonna be a ripper

If you come out and publicly commit the other teams know they can bid and you will match the bid so they might rate Finn at 20 but bid at 5 to improve their next pick.

GWS won't actually come out and commit to Green in the media.

Still head scratching why we haven’t committed but whatever... sounds like he’s gonna be a ripper

We will need our first rounder to get him I reckon. Unless we trade out a player for several picks higher up, can't remember what points we will need if he goes at around 15-16th.

From GW:
  1. Not in the race for Elliott
  2. Smith a required player and expected to play next year
  3. Birchall and Puopolo decisions to come after the trade period -
  4. Believe Frost can add to the backline
  5. Pittonet has a contract offer to sign.

Doesn't sound overly exciting, but yeah even if he had exciting news he'd keep his cards close to his chest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

soooo basically...

Patton, Frost and Finn... keeping Bruest, Gunner, Shiels and Smith.

if it were to stay like that I'm not sure I'd be that upset.

But Hawthorn trade weeks never go drama free

Still only scraping into the 8, meanwhile our older players lose value.

I think we should be way way way more aggressive here. If we don't make the hard calls, we are only going to linger.

Still only scraping into the 8, meanwhile our older players lose value.

I think we should be way way way more aggressive here. If we don't make the hard calls, we are only going to linger.

Haha 100%, staying pretty much idle is absolutely the worst thing we can do given the current situation of the list, means we're going nowhere short term or long term.

It's not silly. but it is close minded to not think about the bigger picture and scoff at those who do just because you have a different opinion.

That's why I asked questions... It's better to ask people to think than it is to tell them how to think.

He is a great player and there would be no point in suggesting him otherwise. There are not many players a team could trade that have the currency to shape their clubs future. Especially 28 year olds who look very unlikely to be a crucial part of your club when you're challenging again.

His leadership skills have improved but only a few seasons ago he wasn't very well liked within the club. He would have left previously whilst returning from injury if clubs were confident enough to pay HIM overs but there was no guarantee he would recover fully and clubs were unprepared to pay crazy money and take the risk.

If Freo could get 1 & 2 in the draft for instance would it be better for them long term to build a super strong team with an improving age demographic. Think of what the Hodge draft did for us. You gain more high draft picks through rebuilding and add smart trading to assemble a formidable list.

As for relevance as to how it effects Hawthorn, it could need a super trade or at the very least have a knock on effect and create opportunities. IMO with our aging list we are probably better off targeting both elite and complimentary talent around the age of 23 that allow a wider window of opportunity that is also ready to contribute both now and later should we not win a premiership in the short term.

Last year I talked about it in the context that we should go after Fyfe but it was a high risk stratergy. You would probably have to of given up to much to make it worth while. When Mitchell broke his leg so badly (depending on the speed/quality of his rehabilitation) it may have proven a bad list management stratergy even if Fyfe had won the brownlow with us.

Look this is all highly speculative, moderately relevant, will most likely never happen, taken up way to much time and gone a bit off track but it is plausible.

Isn't the point of this thread for a few supporters who love their footy to open their mind, use their imagination, escape reality for awhile and have a bit of fun doing so?
TLDR version: I would like to trade for Fyfe regardless of the likelihood of it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back