Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given GW likes his pick swaps I'm wondering if we help facilitate the Tim Kelly trade by dealing pick 11 and a 3rd rounder for pick 14 & 23, not quite a top 10 pick the Cats want but close enough given Green will attract a bid.

Then we trade pick 23 & a future 1st to get another pick in this first round and a future 2nd rounder with Giants or Brisbane.

This based on comments you can throw a blanket over pick 3-25 and we may have numerous targets in this years draft.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would pick 14 attract a Finn bid?

Given GW likes his pick swaps I'm wondering if we help facilitate the Tim Kelly trade by dealing pick 11 and a 3rd rounder for pick 14 & 23, not quite a top 10 pick the Cats want but close enough given Green will attract a bid.

Then we trade pick 23 & a future 1st to get another pick in this first round and a future 2nd rounder with Giants or Brisbane.

This based on comments you can throw a blanket over pick 3-25 and we may have numerous targets in this years draft.

Seems a bit pointless as Finn will probably get bid on somewhere between 10-17. We might as well keep our first pick at 11/12 and then let Finn get bid on afterwards and use 2nd rounders/3rd rounders to match.

We have a few of holes in our list at present. I'd say we need to address the following;

KPD's - currently the only bona-fide KPD is frawley who is now a senior and most likely wont be around for the next tilt. If we can get the Frost deal done that helps but still leaves us one short - no guarentee Kozi fills the void.

KPF - was an issue but if Lewis can continue to progress and Paton gets back to pre-injury form this may be sorted. Looking promising but at this point not 100% covered.

Medium/small defenders - covered.

Wingers - Henderson wont be around for the next tilt. If Smith stays long term there is a possibility he can play at a high level well into his 30s but once again its a 50/50. That leaves Scully who hopefully will yield at least 4 years of quality football. I think we're one or two short here. This is something that can be easily fixed by way of the draft ala Brad Hill. A lot of outside midfielders can be found later in the draft.

Midfield - shaping up well. Probably missing one more a grader and a bit more depth. This could be addressed in the coming weeks.

Small Fwds - believe this is the area that needs a lot of work. Given the way the game is played now i believe we need to find at least 2-3 quality small forwards with pace and a bit of x factor intertwined in there somewhere. Hope we look to draft a small forward this year.

Ruck - dont believe there is an issue here.

Bit of work to do but the holes listed above could realistically be sorted by the end of next year.
Agree with a lot of the above. I'm still bullish for next year though as it's been proven you don't need to cover every area of the ground completely to get a look in at a flag. Just look at Richmond.. their midfield depth is just OK not world beating (and they even played Dusty forward in the GF) and their wingers were Ellis and Caddy. The pies made a GF with Mason Cox as their only tall forward.

Definitely cause for optimism next year, particularly if GW can pull off something with pick 11.

Agree with a lot of the above. I'm still bullish for next year though as it's been proven you don't need to cover every area of the ground completely to get a look in at a flag. Just look at Richmond.. their midfield depth is just OK not world beating (and they even played Dusty forward in the GF) and their wingers were Ellis and Caddy. The pies made a GF with Mason Cox as their only tall forward.

Definitely cause for optimism next year, particularly if GW can pull off something with pick 11.

Outside Richmond it's a bang average league at the moment and even they are only an B+ to A- side (discounting future natural improvement)

Their game plan is just perfectly built to capitalise on an era of non elite skill. They are built on a Klopp model and our 3 peat team was built on a Pep model but their are no Pep level sides running around to dictate the game to them.

How do you think they would go against the Hawthorn 3 peat team?

I think we are a good chance to trade in dusty Martin in this year so Richmond can cash in on his value while it is still high. Come at me so I can slap you down with a text wall 😂
He not once said we were a good chance of getting Fyfe.
Comparing what he said to wanting to get Dusty is also not comparable because of the fact Richmond are still in a premiership window.

You guys clearly haven't understood what he was saying but keep going along with the line of 'we can get Fyfe' & being dicks about it.

Hutchy literally read this out on SEN this sat morning. Over to the ‘incoming’ thread!

Outside Richmond it's a bang average league at the moment and even they are only an B+ to A- side (discounting future natural improvement)

Their game plan is just perfectly built to capitalise on an era of non elite skill. They are built on a Klopp model and our 3 peat team was built on a Pep model but their are no Pep level sides running around to dictate the game to them.

How do you think they would go against the Hawthorn 3 peat team?

They'd lose but as you said in your point above it's largely irrelevant.

I think we are a good chance to trade in dusty Martin in this year so Richmond can cash in on his value while it is still high. Come at me so I can slap you down with a text wall 😂

Comparing what he said to wanting to get Dusty is also not comparable because of the fact Richmond are still in a premiership window.

You guys clearly haven't understood what he was saying but keep going along with the line of 'we can get Fyfe' & being dicks about it.

Josh if you and others can perfectly understand what I was saying so can 'they'.

They are choosing to act this way. Trying to reason with them is like trying to have an intelegant conversation with a trump supporter. Not hard to imagine why he comes to mind.

Make Hawthorn great again?

As a long time board visitor and occasional participant I have to say this can be an incredibly unwelcoming environment not befitting of our great club and I hate to think how many fans discover this forum and leave just as quickly.

The fact a moderator has actually inflamed and continues to inflame the situation is the polar opposite of his exact purpose.

If you want to reliinquish your magical mod powers and be a grumpy old board member fantastic but otherwise do your job properly and stop being a dick. For those that support or allow this to happen visit some other communities and take note of the basic standards expected.

Seriously go back and look at the ludicrous timeline of events (even the super clever 'priceless' secret ones). I'd list them but no body likes walls of text around here so I'd prefer to just document and keep a log of what has transpired and move on.

You can 'ignore' the guy who asked the question all you want but he is not the one that clogged up the feed, it's clogged up with flog responses in regards to the nature of the question instead of meaningfully considering or answering it. I have been called a Troll twice but the behaviour coming towards me far more accurately fits this criteria.

If the idea is to drive me out you have successfuly insured the opposite.

For anyone that bothered to read this wall of text I won't be discussing or putting up with this childish schoolyard mob mentality BS any longer. I tried to move on last night but it's started again this morning. I don't want to waste my time on negative things with negative people. I'd prefer to chat about footy with friendly people and although some fellow fans have not been kind others have.

If Abassi wants to continue to perpetuate this further I'll be going to someone above his pay grade for resolution, otherwise end of.

But how do you tackle the tiger problem?

1) out skill them?

2) beat them at their own game?

3) other (either revolutionary or existing tactic)?

I think 3 has to be the answer for most clubs right now, if our 3 peat team was around the answer would be no 1. It's a very good question you pose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think 3 has to be the answer for most clubs right now, if our 3 peat team was around the answer would be no 1. It's a very good question you pose.
Not sure if their will ever be a team that skilful again due to equilisation.

GWS have the list but they turned Into battlers in September and it largely served them well. Maybe If they were fully fit with a full list but I'm not sure the Ferari is in working order anymore.

Which leaves us with the unknown, really hope we don't have to wait this dominance out.

Josh if you and others can perfectly understand what I was saying so can 'they'.

They are choosing to act this way. Trying to reason with them is like trying to have an intelegant conversation with a trump supporter. Not hard to imagine why he comes to mind.

As a long time board visitor and occasional participant I have to say this can be an incredibly unwelcoming environment not befitting of our great club and I hate to think how many fans discover this forum and leave just as quickly.

The fact a moderator has actually inflamed and continues to inflame the situation is the polar opposite of his exact purpose.

If you want to reliinquish your magical mod powers and be a grumpy old board member fantastic but otherwise do your job properly and stop being a dick. For those that support or allow this to happen visit some other communities and take note of the basic standards expected.

Seriously go back and look at the ludicrous timeline of events (even the super clever 'priceless' secret ones). I'd list them but no body likes walls of text around here so I'd prefer to just document and keep a log of what has transpired and move on.

You can 'ignore' the guy who asked the question all you want but he is not the one that clogged up the feed, it's clogged up with flog responses in regards to the nature of the question instead of meaningfully considering or answering it. I have been called a Troll twice but the behaviour coming towards me far more accurately fits this criteria.

For anyone that bothered to read this wall of text I won't be discussing or putting up with this childish schoolyard mob mentality BS any longer. I tried to move on last night but it's started again this morning. I don't want to waste my time on negative things with negative people. I'd prefer to chat about footy with friendly people and although some fellow fans have not been kind others have.

If Abassi wants to continue to perpetuate this further I'll be going to someone above his pay grade for resolution, otherwise end of.

Mate, this isn't the workplace.
You can't demand acceptance and free reign with no flames, you earn it.
Over time. With patience, some humor, and acceptance of the current temperature of the board.
It changes as the flow of posters come and go, but you can get a feel for it quickly in any forum you visit.
You won't last long or enjoy your time if you come in and state how things are going to work from now on.
Some thought your posting silly, and called it out. That happens all the time. If you're too precious to go through the schoolyard and instead expect this place to be a version of West Wing with endless intelligent reparte and superior manners, well mmmmh, good luck with that.

Edit.
And just to add, I've been and am a member of a number of forum sites, from FJ Cruiser enthusiasts to vintage baseball card collectors and even supporters of the KC Chiefs.
This place is actually pretty kind. There are some hell holes that you literally need flame ******ant clothing to survive.
Lots of well spoken, intelligent, considered and passionate supporters on here that pull the same direction but have different world views and experiences. Just as you'd expect.
I like coming here, hopefully you'll unfurl and enjoy it too over time.
But if you piss in the moderators pockets, well, you can just **** off. It's a largely thankless task that takes ridiculous time commitments and the patience of Job. If they weren't able to inject their own personality and feel for how to moderate, as well as contribute to the discussions, I'm thinking not too many would bother with the gig.

Last edited:

Good, but pretty sure you can't trade Future 1st + other Future Picks.

It's either Future 2nd through 5th, or Future 1st - can't be 1st & other Picks without bringing other Picks in to cover the loss from that same Round.

I think...

Come on Niles Crane, you can do better than just some incognito thumbs down.
Use some words to tell me how it should actually be.;)

No one thinks it is realistic. At all. When that was suggested we get a text wall. That’s all there is to it.

I understand what you are saying. But freo aren’t trading him. Gold Coast aren’t going to make the offer. We aren’t going to ask the question. What more is there to talk about? Have you considered hypotheticals about trading of Fyfe by Fremantle isn’t an interesting topic for this board? You should try it out on the main board or the Fremantle board.

Trade period starts on monday. Any idea as to who the mystery key position player is? :think:
Mystery key i don't know of any with Frost and Patton.
Don't be surprised if 2mtr Peter somehow gets to us.
Midfielder is a interstate midfielder as posted buy R&L. I think we will use our first rd selection and a player for this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back