Analysis 2019 List, Game Plan and Best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Few of us could have imagined at the start of the year that we would have fielded the side we did on Saturday. Virtually all our old guys are injured. Some I do not think we will see again. In the meantime we have learned some of our younger guys can play very well. Assuming everyone was fit this could be the Best 22. Options are Melican or Thurlow instead of Clarke depending on whether a tagger or tall stopper is needed.

COR - Rampe - Mills
McVeigh - Allir - Lloyd
Jones - JPK - Florent
Haylist - Franklin - McCartin
Papley - Blakey - Parker

Sinkers - Dawson - Hewett

I/C - Naismith - Fox - Heeney - Clarke
Anyone watching our side play the 2nd quarter on the weekend would have to be blind not to see the quality and Bloods spirit of the list we've assembled, mostly out of spare parts, through carefully sifting the rough to find the diamonds. When polished up with 50 more games average this team will consistently perform at the top. What's more, a glance at our NEAFL team shows we have the depth of young quality players coming through in reserve to take this team all the way.

Even if we don't play finals this year I'm pretty happy that we're in a really good space. To get this far without dropping out of finals thus far is a huge achievement for all invloved in the club.

Few of us could have imagined at the start of the year that we would have fielded the side we did on Saturday. Virtually all our old guys are injured. Some I do not think we will see again. In the meantime we have learned some of our younger guys can play very well. Assuming everyone was fit this could be the Best 22. Options are Melican or Thurlow instead of Clarke depending on whether a tagger or tall stopper is needed.

COR - Rampe - Mills
McVeigh - Allir - Lloyd
Jones - JPK - Florent
Haylist - Franklin - McCartin
Papley - Blakey - Parker

Sinkers - Dawson - Hewett

I/C - Naismith - Fox - Heeney - Clarke

Uhhh you’d easily have Cunningham over Fox surely. And no way would I be playing McVeigh or Clarke over Melican.

Uhhh you’d easily have Cunningham over Fox surely. And no way would I be playing McVeigh or Clarke over Melican.

Think Harry will be out for a long time. Melican plays against a tall fwd line

Think Harry will be out for a long time. Melican plays against a tall fwd line

Melican should play all the time. He is best 22 and frees Sir Dane up to provide some rebound that McVeigh cannot. I also think we will see Cunningham back before we see Naismith who you listed.

Melican should play all the time. He is best 22 and frees Sir Dane up to provide some rebound that McVeigh cannot. I also think we will see Cunningham back before we see Naismith who you listed.

Aye was overly optimistic about Naismith. Melican has a lot to do. Has improved on his diabolical start to the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In an ideal world Sinclair is a forward who can ruck a bit. That is his best position.

In truth, I was downcast with Sinkers effort last night. Not so much that he was flogged, more that he did not make Fake Reg earn his taps and possies. Frankly Sinkers is too nice. I wanted him to channel some Borough mongrel and dig knees into Fake Reg.

You're looking at a lot of zeros to poach him. Bud is already soaking up a lot of that salary cap. Would be incredible though.

To keep Dawson and Jones we will need to spend a bit. maybe - $300k each. Personally I'd trade Jones ahead of Dawson.

With K Moneyball, KJ, Smith, Reg and Mcveigh gone we should have cash to splash.

Forget Fake Reg. We need two quality mids to support Dawson and Hewett going forward. Any old psychopathic monstro sized ruckman over 205cm will do me as long as they are prepared to run through some Oppo mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back