Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are pretty sure that Kelly will nominate West coast, but I honestly think the kid has not 100% decided what he is doing

I reckon he is having difficulty with whether to even leave Geelong

If he was 100% going to the eagles, wouldn't he have come out and said it by now? Even his team mates reckon he hasn't told them if he is even leaving at all (although they think the writing is on the wall)

Could he have been waiting to see who the new coach is ?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

seeing the funny side of this ...."but I honestly think the kid has not 100% decided what he is doing". Are we talking about Kelly who has three kids?

He went so early because his Uncle is coach of the women's team there (or something like that). Doubt they would let him go after barely using him yet, after spending such a high pick on him
Wasn’t aware of his exact role but yes I knew his uncle Craig used to play for them (from pies originally) and was still involved up there.
Still makes no difference to the fact that he was a reach at that pick

Nobody’s mentioned Matthew Panos yet. (This year anyway) or Brad Bootsma’s son. He was very popular among the virtual recruiters on here.

A bit like gamblers. They’ll tell you their wins (some even post pictures of winning multis) but fail to mention the dozens of big losses for every win.

Not sure what the point is of this. There are people out there that get paid for what people do on BF for free. So what, some get it right some get it wrong, but unless you are getting paid for it, what does it really matter?

Elijah Taylor #makeithappen

Not sure what the point is of this. There are people out there that get paid for what people do on BF for free. So what, some get it right some get it wrong, but unless you are getting paid for it, what does it really matter?

Elijah Taylor #makeithappen

The point is that the self congratulatory wamk that posters on here have posted when they criticise the club is hypocritical when the same posters were attacking the club because they didn’t pick players who turned out to be shite.

I am happy for posters to talk up prospects and even to make mistakes. But it gets up my nose when those same posters claim that they could do a better job than the paid recruiters because they have forgotten their own mistakes.

Not sure how you didn’t get that point, or that the posters who liked your lack of perception didn’t either.

Is Freo still interested in Mason Wood? I was (and still am) a bit uninspired but he's tall, fast, agile, a smooth runner, strong mark, so if we were looking at him playing on a wing (that could swing forward at times) I wouldn't be totally against it if he wanted to reignite his career over here. Decent left foot, and knows where the sticks are. He's just incredibly inconsistent which is probably something you don't really want when recruiting a 25yo (and alarm bells are ringing that he might be on the scrap in a year or two). I wouldn't be recruiting him with an intention to play him in our forward line (we're already tall enough there). If cheap enough I can see our reasoning for looking at him. Won't care too much either way if he ends up on our list or not though.

If the argument for having a local list manager is that we wouldn't have overlooked Kelly or Pickett - wouldn't the opposing argument be that if we did have a local list manager, we would have overlooked Barlow and Ryan?

#cherrypicking #gerrymandering

Is Freo still interested in Mason Wood? I was (and still am) a bit uninspired but he's tall, fast, agile, a smooth runner, strong mark, so if we were looking at him playing on a wing (that could swing forward at times) I wouldn't be totally against it if he wanted to reignite his career over here. Decent left foot, and knows where the sticks are. He's just incredibly inconsistent which is probably something you don't really want when recruiting a 25yo (and alarm bells are ringing that he might be on the scrap in a year or two). I wouldn't be recruiting him with an intention to play him in our forward line (we're already tall enough there). If cheap enough I can see our reasoning for looking at him. Won't care too much either way if he ends up on our list or not though.

He feels like a Kersten selection to me

On Kelly, I feel its likely a little bit of everything.

He's waiting till after the BnF to nom a team (it wont be Geelong) and it helps that its after Freo's coach will be announced.

Now, the problem we have is that Duffield reported that our latest pitch wasnt enough to convince him over the weekend. JL was likely actually the head coach from mid last week, it was just kept tightly under wraps. I imagine our final pitch came with JL among any other new assistant coaches we already locked in making one big last pitch. So Duffield saying on the weekend our final pitch fell short is just that.

At this point, I think the only way we get Kelly is if Geelong and WC are stupid about it all. Realistically, WC cant physically give what we can in draft picks without trading valuable assets. Pick 6 is almost worth all of 14, 22 and 32 as it stands. So we would need Geelong to say look Tim, you need to go home, we respect that but in no way are we losing you for some average picks that arent your worth. You can go to Freo or hit the draft.

The question from there is do we want a guy who's not 100% invested from day dot. I personally wouldnt care, he'd warm up after the first couple of days at the club and has already showed he's not afraid to buckle down and play somewhere he's not 100% invested in.
It's Monday, if Kelly isn't making an announcement until Friday then our final pitch hasn't happened yet ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll put all my chips on we should draft Trent Rivers

Think he'll end up a great player but I'll make sure to bring up how I wanted him when he ends up worse than Masten or whatever
It isn't really about who you want though. It would verge on a disaster if Rivers was grabbed with pick 6, and at this stage we won't have pick 24 either because of Henry. I really liked the work the club did last draft to get Valente, and maybe we will see some of that to get our targets, especially as this draft is reported to have less distinction about individual players rankings.

It isn't really about who you want though. It would verge on a disaster if Rivers was grabbed with pick 6, and at this stage we won't have pick 24 either because of Henry. I really liked the work the club did last draft to get Valente, and maybe we will see some of that to get our targets, especially as this draft is reported to have less distinction about individual players rankings.
We're more likely to lose the pick from the Langdon trade (pick 21) then Pick 24.

Pick 5 (Ash/Robertson/Rivers) Pick 6 (Ash/Robertson/Rivers)
Pick 21 (Liam Henry)
Pick 24 (?)

If it does end up like that then gee we've done pretty well. Grab a late pick for Pina or if he's rated high enough, Butters

Reckon GCs pick 11 is a prime candidate for a Henry bid...
That’s next year thank God. With the concessions they got given we are lucky the AFL didn’t give them the top 10 picks. Something I didn’t realise at first is that the academy concessions were applied to all their academy picks, thought it was just the NT ones.

Imagine being able to just sign up Western, Henry and Walker without matching a bid. Completely ludicrous concessions when you compare to what we ever got

That’s next year thank God. With the concessions they got given we are lucky the AFL didn’t give them the top 10 picks. Something I didn’t realise at first is that the academy concessions were applied to all their academy picks, thought it was just the NT ones.

Imagine being able to just sign up Western, Henry and Walker without matching a bid. Completely ludicrous concessions when you compare to what we ever got
Thank God for that.

And yes, the concessions are nuts.

Beats me why any side will bid on him if they know he’s coming to Freo.
Henry is professional enough that Freo not matching a bid for him will mean he stays at the other club for the rest of his outstanding career.

West Coast have a spot for a small forward/mid and a pick in the mid teens, at least for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back