2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something along the lines of “when we play like that we will/can beat anyone”
- this all after a 6 goal quarter (on top of doing nothing in the first) against one of the poorest defensive teams in the comp

Yep that's what prompted my comment about them drinking their own bathwater. They just expected to rock up and take this season by storm. Forgot you have to work hard to win games.

Re Matt Stevic, whom I despise...

There’s a delightful little lesbian rom-com which is one of my favourite films. Set in London, one of them had never been to an EPL game, so off they go.
Classic line - known by lesbians all over (popular film this) - the experienced soccer fan yells out to an opposition player, “You’re a w*nka number 9!”.

That is my name for Stevic. I see he’s umpiring one of our games and I say to my gf - “crap, we’ve got you’re-a-w*nka-number-9” this weekend. And she knows to make the appropriate ‘well that sucks’ / ‘how many frees won’t we get’ etc comments.

Even tonight I saw him and commented ‘you’re-a-w*nka-number-9 is sure to screw this contest somehow’.

And he did. Cos he’s a w*nka.

- this all after a 6 goal quarter (on top of doing nothing in the first) against one of the poorest defensive teams in the comp

Eeesh. I’m a big fan of Brayshaw as a player but that’s awkward.

Obviously he was buoyed by the fact Melbourne fielded a robust 14 players with 50+ club games experience to Essendon’s puny 11.

He should have noted Thursday night’s game when Adelaide’s arsenal of 15 players with 50+ club games experience were no match for those Geelong upstarts and their 10 man cohort.

Fools Cats, fools. How the hell do you expect to reach the top of the ladder with such a line up? Oh wait...

Apparently Steven May turned up to pre season in poor shape and finished last in the time trials. Club should be filthy with him, they desperately need him out there.
Well I thought that was a good game of footy
Can’t help but feel a bit of empathy towards dees supporters
They tonight are probably starting to come to terms with the fact that last year was a flash in the pan and they are back to being losers

Obviously he was buoyed by the fact Melbourne fielded a robust 14 players with 50+ club games experience to Essendon’s puny 11.

He should have noted Thursday night’s game when Adelaide’s arsenal of 15 players with 50+ club games experience were no match for those Geelong upstarts and their 10 man cohort.

Fools Cats, fools. How the hell do you expect to reach the top of the ladder with such a line up? Oh wait...

Ha ha well played sir

We really need to up the ante on the 50 game milestone celebrations seeing as how it's such a signpost towards premiership success

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apparently Steven May turned up to pre season in poor shape and finished last in the time trials. Club should be filthy with him, they desperately need him out there.
Why does it matter? He’s a freaking defender. He was going alright at Gold Coast. Then they want him reaching speeds of a midfielder. Melbourne are dumb

Well I thought that was a good game of footy
Can’t help but feel a bit of empathy towards dees supporters
They tonight are probably starting to come to terms with the fact that last year was a flash in the pan and they are back to being losers
The 10 goal to nothing Prelim has haunted them. Mentally. Don’t think they’re going to get over that by the looks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going with the drinking their own bath water theory - which is effectively the polar extreme to this argument.
What have they improved on though? Same players. Hogan out, who was 50 goals a season for them. To what? May in, a defender. McDonald is not a natural forward and weiderman is still raw and young

Dees need some two way runners in their midfield, Brayshaw runs one way and is good at it, Oliver doesn't defend, Harmes doesn't seem to defend and Jones is finished.

Their defense is under pressure way too often because they get no help from the mids

Will Roos make any comment about these one way running midfielders ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back